Tutorial embarrasment!

No spoilers here....but I thought I'd play the tuturial on a lark. I mean how different can this be from CMBO? Hah!!

The Germans handed me my ASS and I suffered a *Total Defeat*. Something I don't recall every having happen in CMBO.

I played on Extreme Fog of War, and it was rather disconcerting to say the least.

I think I inflicted 6 KIA on the Germans, while I lost nearly everyone.

Damn, I've been playing CMBO since the Beta days too.

Oh well.....

Oh, the new sounds are fabulous!

Suffered the same fate. Took two gun hits to my armour and the crew abandoned. Just couldn't flush those Germans out of their foxholes and took heavy casualties in trying. :eek: I'm in heaven :D

Thanks BTS/BFC !

[ September 01, 2002, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Manx ]

I managed to beat the Germans pretty good (96-4, only 5 casualties) Though, the first two hits on my tanks were gun hits, the second one causing gun damage. I thought the new features page said that was toned down tongue.gif Then I tried to play it from the German side and got beat pretty good (86-14, I think with only 2 survivors managing to run off the board)

I'll be impressed if anyone can beat that scenario from the German side...

[ September 01, 2002, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Ben Galanti ]

Originally posted by Ben Galanti:

I managed to beat the Germans pretty good (96-4, only 5 casualties) Though, the first two hits on my tanks were gun hits, the second one causing gun damage. I thought the new features page said that was toned down tongue.gif Then I tried to play it from the German side and got beat pretty good (86-14, I think with only 2 survivors managing to run off the board)

I'll be impressed if anyone can beat that scenario from the German side...

I was able to, but I needed a 50% bonus redface.gif

MINOR SPOILERS

Yelnia Stare - tactical victory as the germans.

HMGs rock! I averaged more than 20 casualties with each one of them. One of my german squads amassed 45 casualties!! Are those green/conscript russians pathetic or what? I think I pinned or made every single of their squads panick by the end of the game. What really hurt me were the T-34s. I knocked out 2, and damaged the gun on the other. One of the remaining ones killed 20+ of my germans...

*spoilers below i guess*

i let my MG's blaze away, then whenever they would bunch up in cover i would sprinkle a few rounds of 81 and 75 onto them. this kept them at the rough, and treeline for most of the turns. then, when mg and arty rounds ran down they were able to get in close.

i let them get in pretty close before i opened fire. i was able to KO 1 tank with the 37's, and another got too close to infantry and surrendered. the infantry tended to break quickly, and run for cover. then return shortly for another wave. i couldnt kill the remaining tanks, so they just pounded on my dug in troops.

in the end i had a total victory, 85-15. though the russians and i had virtually identical infantry casualties.

Ahhhh come on... I smashed the Nazis with a total victory. Extreme fog of war and such....

Perhaps years of ASL added some additonal meat to my tactical bones .... as opposed to those of you who developed your strategy mind from simplistic games such as close combat....

and of course I was wearing my war bonnet ;)

Now I just need to learn to speak russian, so I can understand when the sunflower children make contact........

Well, I beat it, but only after my lead tank was taken out...god, those green russian troops are wusses. I tried to human wave three infantry platoons and they all hit the deck after about 3 seconds. I've played all of the scenarios now, and damn I must say...that was a blast! Beat them all, too...that Citadel one is quite fun from the German side. So is the one where you defend...I did an en masse ambush on a huge amount of Russian conscripts and sent them home to their mamas. Hell yeah!

I won a Total victory as the Russians first. Then as the Germans I managed a Major Victory.

In both games the tanks suffered multiple penetrations and routed. I think one in each game suffered gun damage also.

The difference in the AI's attack seemed to be lack of area fire. I used all the ammo from the MGs and morter to suppress the sound contacts.

Originally posted by Epée:

Got a Total Victory as the russians in Citadel Schwerpoint, with extreme FOW and +50% to the axis. It's all a matter of knowing where to ambush. Sweet.

Did you use the default positions for all your units????