Peng, I challenge you to Tag Team Thumb Wrestling

Originally posted by The_Capt:

I hate you all with so much passion...

Sean! Where are you?!

Did you answer my questions? If so plse repost here as I just regained consciencnousisity....

I have a few Demons running around the house and need some help!!

Don't be afraid, Capt. You are never alone. We are always with you.

I am still pondering your questions. And I have, this night, wrestled with demons.

If I'm not banned over the match, I shall attempt to come to further grips with the questions that plague us both.

Now be quiet! I'm an old man, and I need my sleep!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Seanachai:

Upstaged? Upstaged?!

I do believe that I've found the right poking-stick for Seanachai: the gnome just can't stand competition for an audience. Who knew you could fit an ego that large in such a little porcelain head? But threaten his hour upon the stage and he becomes full of sound and fury.

Not just a trollop, but a diva of the first order.

Oh, and the sing-song? Here in House Persiflage, there can only be one singer. I give you the master of tone-deafness himself... dalem! (please, there's no need to give him back).

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I require that my Squire, R Leete, assume as his signature until I shall release him from this burden, the following:

I, R Leete, am an apostate member of House Bard. Forgetting duty to Honour, Liege, and the 'Pool, I have fallen into error. I abase myself in my contrition, and ask only that Seanachai, my Liege, shall accept this, my most spitefully offered and enforced penance. How I hate you, you sodding awful old man. But, on to my penance. I proclaim before both God, Grog, 'Pooler, and the Ladies of the 'Pool, not to mention any number of lesser half-wits, that there is no thread but The Thread, and Peng is its Prophet.

That's going to leave a mark.

Well lads, I'm up to speed on my turns so if you think I owe you a turn best check the old in box before you make a fool of yourself ... or in YOUR case MORE of a fool of yourself than we've come to expect.

I have completed an evaluation of the claim of dalem to Papa Khann (spelt but not bolded) as his Squire.

In the recently completed match of Jabo! I found Papa Khann (spelt but not bolded) to possess more wit than a sponge, more humor than blue green algae and more tactical ability than brocolli. The last is, I admit, cause for concern in that he actually gained a whole 12 points as the Germans in Jabo!, but since his other characteristics can do nothing but elevate the standing of the House of Mucilage in our eyes I hereby grant the Squiredom of Papa Khann (spelt AND bolded as befits a Squire of the CessPool) to dalem and may Berli have mercy on your soul ... or what little will be left after an extended stay at Chateau dalem (hint: The Squire and the Olde One is NOT a part of the regular course work for Squires).

I was also pleased to see the return of Noba but displeased that he saw fit to evade my previous question. Allow me to repeat it: Noba, are you now or have you ever been party to a game of CMBO with the entity known as Gunny Bunny?

The rest of you are gamey bastiches and I hope you rot in hell ... yes, you may assume from that the the other games aren't going too well for the Utah Contingent.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Well lads, I'm up to speed on my turns so if you think I owe you a turn best check the old in box before you make a fool of yourself ...

Joe

Mah wee span'l hae checked tha ain box an' ainforrms mae tha ye're a cloth-eared old git wha didnae saind back her turrn. She want's tae knoo af'n at's cos she's ootclassed ye on every turrn sae far...

Ah told her at's mah turrrn tae play tha turrn, sae she cud shut her bleedin' pie hole an' sod off.

Saind tha turrn Joe Shaw, Ah promise tae bae gentle wi' ye!

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

I was also pleased to see the return of Noba but displeased that he saw fit to evade my previous question. Allow me to repeat it: Noba, are you now or have you ever been party to a game of CMBO with the entity known as Gunny Bunny?

I am beginning to wonder at your fixation on Gunny Dummy. Are you perhaps trying to keep him for yourself? Have you become his love muffin?

w00000000t!!!!

After 2 days, 300 dollars, a carton of Marblerow Reds and bent fingers I am back in business! The computer went to "the shop" which in other words is a pimply faced kid, younger than I, who sets up every system to be fully "Quake Compliant" and listens to the one stern warning of his boss "Make it cost."

Anyhoo, I am now the proud owner of a Geforce4 w/64mb in a fancy new aluminum case (my wife's idea - she wanted it to 'match' our space-age/retro 50's dining room decor) with a plex-glass viewing portal in the side! I can watch the gerbils scurry.

Oh, I also got 4 new fans and the most expensive processor heat sink money can buy, slavered like a sweat-drenched blonde with a bottle of coconut oil on the beach in some miracle-coolant known simply as "Arctic Silver".

Basically, it runs cool, and for the first time in a LONG while I can play CM uninterrupted for as long as I want without going into PC meltdown! w00t!

Whoever owes me turns SEND THEM NOW!

Oh, the bad news, I had to connect with crusty old Compuserve since sleek new Roadrunner was uncomfortable with the new arrangement, and apparently my USB port is now incommunicado.

It's always something...

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I am beginning to wonder at your fixation on Gunny Dummy. Are you perhaps trying to keep him for yourself? Have you become his love muffin?</font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

As a "professional" writer, they pay you by the word, right? That would explain the incessant yammering. Either that or you've got that "X" chromasome working overtime. Or, (and here's where it gets fun)as old Willy might say of you,

...full of sound and fury, yet signifying nothing."

My dear Boo-Hoo, if the little world inside that lump of suet you find sitting roughly three feet above your butt each morning was part of the modern world, you would know that technical writers don't write anything anymore. It takes too much time.

What we actually do is copy and paste random sections of existing manuals together, change the odd word here or there, run it through a spell (but not context) checker, then pronounce that it "feels like its cooked about right". Then we present our clients with a bill.

If you've ever wondered why instruction manuals are so difficult to comprehend, its because sometimes we get bored and start pulling sections out of books that are in no way related to the topic at hand.

For instance, say we want to describe the steps a user must follow to successfully install a new piece of hardware in their computer. Odds are, the text for that would come from a Toaster Repair manual, or perhaps from an essay on Oral Hygiene. Why, if I'm careful about which words I change, I can use almost anything! In fact, Boo-Boom, I'm considering reworking that last post of yours into a series of numbered steps for a surgical hair replacement method. (Joe has been asking for some information on that.)

Papa

P.S.

I'm sure members of your pod possess "chromasomes". In my family, we've been sticking with "chromosomes".

[ June 30, 2002, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Papa Khann ]

I have completed an evaluation of the claim of dalem to Papa Khann (spelt but not bolded) as his Squire.

In the recently completed match of Jabo! I found Papa Khann (spelt but not bolded) to possess more wit than a sponge, more humor than blue green algae and more tactical ability than brocolli. The last is, I admit, cause for concern in that he actually gained a whole 12 points as the Germans in Jabo!, but since his other characteristics can do nothing but elevate the standing of the House of Mucilage in our eyes I hereby grant the Squiredom of Papa Khann (spelt AND bolded as befits a Squire of the CessPool) to dalem and may Berli have mercy on your soul ... or what little will be left after an extended stay at Chateau dalem (hint: The Squire and the Olde One is NOT a part of the regular course work for Squires).

And this changes my status as general Pool whipping boy and night toy to what? General Pool whipping boy, night toy, AND dalem's personal chamber pot toter?

Just wondering.

Papa

P.S.

Does this mean I have to get back in The Box?

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

I am beginning to wonder at your fixation on Gunny Dummy. Are you perhaps trying to keep him for yourself? Have you become his love muffin?

Our scene opens in a run down motel room on the outskirts of Salt Lake City. The room is bathed in the harsh glare of the flickering neon, suspended outside the room. The fly-specked windows mute the light and the result is a chiaroscura of blood red and black.

Two figures inhabit the room; one, by his dress, a business man. Perhaps a banker. The other wears fatigues and two oversized pink ears.

Joe: "This can't go on. People are becoming suspicious and a man in my position can't afford intrigue. It has to end now!"

GB: Stretching out on the tattered duvet in a pose some might call provacative, but is somehow cheapened, made tawdy by the surroundings "Oh, c'mon Joe! You know you want it. It's the fact that you think it's wrong is what makes it all the more appealing."

Joe:Noticing the other's wanton pose, becomes furious. Do not tempt me! I am the Justicariot of the MBT! Doesn't that mean anything to you?

GB: "Ah, so the Justicariot feels that by betraying the MBT he might become the Judas Iscariot?

Joe: Smiling wearily at the clever turn of phrase. "You always did know just how to bring me back down to earth. For that I thank you.

GB: "So what's it going to be then, Joe? You going to leave me now? Run away to where it's safe, secure? Not even one more? For old times sake, even?"

Joe: Realizing that the temptaion is just too strong. But that's the way it's always been. That's the way it will always be. "One more won't hurt, surely. I'll be the Ami's, 1500 points. You can attack."

And as the sign continues to flicker it's dreary light into the wan lives of the motel's inhabitants, we realize that the game is played in so many ways and by so many people.

[ June 30, 2002, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

AAAHHHH!!!

THE NIGHT TERRORS!! I NEED RUM!!!

In other news...

Simon and I continue to kill one another for the amusment of our Lords and Wankers.

Sean, a quote

"We nailed our last Christ to a cross with three long spikes. I am afraid we gassed the next one."

Boo_Radley, I dare not even dream of the concoctions of liquor and drugs that you've poured, injected, huffed and eaten in order to conjure up your latest fantasy, but I am certain of one thing ... The Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread has it's eye (or eyes on a really good day) on you lad, have a care.

We ALL know that Berli is EVIL personified and we can put nothing, NOTHING beyond him. We know that Noba is Australian and, therefore, damned and with nothing to lose. But to INVENT from the whole cloth a scenario that would have the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread engaged in such vile behavior (or behaviour if you prefer) well, there's no understanding it ... unless ... unless perhaps THERE IS YET ANOTHER IN OUR MIDST! Yes, YES I see it all clearly now, those who would protest the most have the most to hide! The BIG LIE Boo_Radley, it serves best those with the most to hide doesn't it!

Harv!, Harv lad, to your computer lad, there's work to be done before it's too late. Let's see ... cross reference anything relating to bunnys or rabbits, the US Marine Corps (no, no, the Marines would have nothing to do with such a sordid arrangement, but Gunnery Sargents are called Gunny and Berli is a former Marine you know) and congenital idiots. Then create a table with BOO as a search index and find out what the hell a Radley is.

By GAWD we'll root out this conspiracy once and for all.

Lads of the CessPool ... if you have any evidence of correspondence between or to anyone in the CessPool and Gunny Bunny, please bring it to the attention of the Justicariate! We must ALL be vigiliant if the CessPool is to survive.

Joe

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

My dear Boo-Hoo, if the little world inside that lump of suet you find sitting roughly three feet above your butt each morning was part of the modern world, you would know that technical writers don't write anything anymore. It takes too much time.

What we actually do is copy and paste random sections of existing manuals together, change the odd word here or there, run it through a spell (but not context) checker, then pronounce that it "feels like its cooked about right". Then we present our clients with a bill.

If you've ever wondered why instruction manuals are so difficult to comprehend, its because sometimes we get bored and start pulling sections out of books that are in no way related to the topic at hand.

For instance, say we want to describe the steps a user must follow to successfully install a new piece of hardware in their computer. Odds are, the text for that would come from a Toaster Repair manual, or perhaps from an essay on Oral Hygiene. Why, if I'm careful about which words I change, I can use almost anything! In fact, Boo-Boom, I'm considering reworking that last post of yours into a series of numbered steps for a surgical hair replacement method. (Joe has been asking for some information on that.)

Papa

Oh. So you're a plagiarist. A cribber. A pirate. OK. I can see that.

Sort of like that "lump of suet" line in your first paragraph. You got that from one of my posts to you.

See, I don't really have a problem with plagiarism here in the MBT, but don't plagiarize a guy and then post it right back at him. That's just tacky.

Originally posted by OGSF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Well lads, I'm up to speed on my turns so if you think I owe you a turn best check the old in box before you make a fool of yourself ...

Joe

Mah wee span'l hae checked tha ain box an' ainforrms mae tha ye're a cloth-eared old git wha didnae saind back her turrn. She want's tae knoo af'n at's cos she's ootclassed ye on every turrn sae far...

Ah told her at's mah turrrn tae play tha turrn, sae she cud shut her bleedin' pie hole an' sod off.

Saind tha turrn Joe Shaw, Ah promise tae bae gentle wi' ye!

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Our scene opens in a run down motel room on the outskirts of Salt Lake City. The room is bathed in the harsh glare of the flickering neon, suspended outside the room. The fly-specked windows mute the light and the result is a chiaroscura of blood red and black.

Two figures inhabit the room; one, by his dress, a business man. Perhaps a banker. The other wears fatigues and two oversized pink ears.

Joe: "This can't go on. People are becoming suspicious and a man in my position can't afford intrigue. It has to end now!"

GB: Stretching out on the tattered duvet in a pose some might call provacative, but is somehow cheapened, made tawdy by the surroundings "Oh, c'mon Joe! You know you want it. It's the fact that you think it's wrong is what makes it all the more appealing."

Joe:Noticing the other's wanton pose, becomes furious. Do not tempt me! I am the Justicariot of the MBT! Doesn't that mean anything to you?

GB: "Ah, so the Justicariot feels that by betraying the MBT he might become the Judas Iscariot?

Joe: Smiling wearily at the clever turn of phrase. "You always did know just how to bring me back down to earth. For that I thank you.

GB: "So what's it going to be then, Joe? You going to leave me now? Run away to where it's safe, secure? Not even one more? For old times sake, even?"

Joe: Realizing that the temptaion is just too strong. But that's the way it's always been. That's the way it will always be. "One more won't hurt, surely. I'll be the Ami's, 1500 points. You can attack."

And as the sign continues to flicker it's dreary light into the wan lives of the motel's inhabitants, we realize that the game is played in so many ways and by so many people.</font>

Originally posted by Persephone:

Joe, is this true? I can't believe the Justiciar could stoop so low.

Persephone

Well, with that elaborate network of trusses he wears under his sweater vests, he can actually stoop quite low. We might want to start calling him "Limbo-Joe".

[ June 30, 2002, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Joe, is this true? I can't believe the Justiciar could stoop so low.

Persephone

Patch, dear heart, you are SO gullible. Read my response above dear lady and all will be made clear.

The Justicariate has not been idle even in the short time since the investigation began, oh no, not idle at all.

I now have solid documentary PROOF, PROOF Patch that at least TWO current and long time members in good standing have been in recent and continuing dialog with the GB himself. I shall release this evidence at the proper time.

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Joe, is this true? I can't believe the Justiciar could stoop so low.

Persephone

Patch, dear heart, you are SO gullible. Read my response above dear lady and all will be made clear.

The Justicariate has not been idle even in the short time since the investigation began, oh no, not idle at all.

I now have solid documentary PROOF, PROOF Patch that at least TWO current and long time members in good standing have been in recent and continuing dialog with the GB himself. I shall release this evidence at the proper time.

Joe</font>

Joe

Joe, I really hate to do this to you...but I also have solid documentary PROOF that you have been with GunnyBunny...

JoeBunny.jpg

Persephone

Oh. So you're a plagiarist. A cribber. A pirate. OK. I can see that.

Sort of like that "lump of suet" line in your first paragraph. You got that from one of my posts to you.

See, I don't really have a problem with plagiarism here in the MBT, but don't plagiarize a guy and then post it right back at him. That's just tacky.

I honestly don't remember that.

Then again, even if I did, thats still what I'd say.

Then again, how can I (or anyone else, for that matter) be expected to remember anything Boo-Boo says?

Papa

For a minute there, I was going to claim that was all a fabrication and that you were unduly slandering him Persephone. But then I recognised that only Joe would still have wallpaper that tacky and now assume the photo is legit.

Smear on . . .

(Edited due to the fact that while I remain Australian, that does not preclude the incidence of microcephalia. You have to be Andreasean to avoid that entirely.)

[ June 30, 2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Goanna ]