Zee Countries

wade

What are the counties that are going to take place in the game i already know a few.

The germans, russians, finns, italians. What english speaking countries are there.

Cause ill want to command atleast one army that i can understand.

What others have said here is correct. Not a single country involved in this part of WWII spoke English. A number of people are a bit frustrated that they can't understand what their units are saying, but that should be something of a good thing.

It took Madmatt a lot of effort to get native speakers for all of the languages spoken in this game. It's very likely one of the greater efforts in gathering non-English voices for any game published.

I'd look at this as an opportunity to learn tiny bits of foreign languages. A number of other people will post here over the following months providing translations of the phrases spoken. And if anything at least you'll learn to swear in Russian !

As for the countries involved that are specifically represented that will be: Russia/Soviet Union, Germany, Finland, Italy, Romania, Hungary & Poland (as a Soviet satellite army). Other countries that can be 'emulated' but aren't specifically represented would include the Spanish (Blue Division), the Slovaks (a German ally, may be a bit harder to 'emulate'),the Czechs (a Russian ally - again possibly hard to represent) and the Bulgarians (another one that may be a bit hard to represent). These last few countries won't have unique units and thus their languages won't be spoken in game, but you can possibly create their forces in game. Some of them may be impossible to do since they used German equipment against the Germans - which is only represented in the game with Finnish and Romanian units after certain dates in the war (so an accurate region may not come up for some of these units, among other things).

Someone's going to have to come up with an English language mod for the imaginationally challenged...(and for those of us who would like to know what the heck the troops are really saying.)

Actually, when I was an officer in the military, I could have sworn the NCO's and EM spoke a different language...because half the time they acted like they couldn't understand a word this O-1 said. :D

We don't really need a Russian/Engish sound conversion. All we need are two new wav files to replace all the current Russian phrases. All negative phrases that are said when bad things are happening would be replaced with "nyet" and all positive phrases that are said when good things are happening would be replaced with "da." It could be called the "Russian for Dummies" sound conversion mod.

Originally posted by Jorge MC:

is there any ESPAÑOL? the Spanish did send a division or two to the east,

are they any in CMBB? :(

No. The Spanish sent one division. It was kitted out and organised as a standard Heer division (forget which wave), and numbered as 250. ID. The only difference in the uniform to my knowledge was that they were allowed to wear blue shirts, and had the Spanish colours on one side of their helmet. It operated in AG North sector from 1941 - 1943, when due to political pressure from the Allies it had to be withdrawn and replaced by a volunteer, regiment size 'Spanish Legion'. The last men of the legion fought in the streets of Berlin.

Losses:

1941 718 KIA, 1612 WIA, 86 MIA (total 2,416)

1942 1,252 KIA 2,777 WIA, 3 MIA (total 4,032)

1943 1,964 KIA, 4,077 WIA, 237 MIA (total 6,278)

Total KIA 3,934 total, 153 officers

The division appears to have had a very good reputation.

Good morning fellas.

We don't really need a Russian/Engish sound conversion. All we need are two new wav files to replace all the current Russian phrases. All negative phrases that are said when bad things are happening would be replaced with "nyet" and all positive phrases that are said when good things are happening would be replaced with "da." It could be called the "Russian for Dummies" sound conversion mod.

:D Now that was funny stuff, thank you Pvt.Ryan, no better way to start the day than with a good laugh.

Originally posted by Andreas:

No. The Spanish sent one division. It was kitted out and organised as a standard Heer division (forget which wave), and numbered as 250. ID. The only difference in the uniform to my knowledge was that they were allowed to wear blue shirts, and had the Spanish colours on one side of their helmet.

And the Spanish armshield, of course....

they should of put America or British just for, um, fun i guess. Ya the Americans or British didnt help in that part of the war but oh well. Maybe someone should make a mod in english with a russian accent or whatever country. I still remember a little german from cmbo however. But im quite sure they say more then cmbo.

Anyone know any good WW2 movies, i just saw the end of Band of Brothers and it was pretty good.

Wade