patch release

Originally posted by deilthedog:

i read a thread which said the patch was complete. patches are normally released on mondays so logic tells me there was a good chance of seing it but maybe logic doesnt apply here.

if its complete why no date?

{Joe pulls up a lawn chair, cracks a beer and sits down with a sigh}Ohhhh, this could be amusing MrSpkr.

{MrSpkr flops on the ground (being careful not to wrinkle his new Lawyer Suit)} Yeah, but it would have been better if MadMatt had been here. Moon's alright but he doesn't have that ... that ... that ...

{Joe reflects for a moment, then offers ...} Presence?

{MrSpkr snaps his fingers in agreement} Presence, exactly the word I was looking for.

{Joe shrugs} True, still, ought to be amusing. Another beer, more fired okra?

:D

Joe

[ October 21, 2002, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Actually, we uncovered a few more things we want to address so it won't be ready as soon as we had hoped. In fact, it won't come out this month.

Madmatt

{MrSpkr shakes his head in wonder} Well I must say that I'm disappointed.

{Joe sighs} Yes, no nukes, no flames, not even an invitation to a nice warm glass of shut the hell up.

{MrSpkr gets up, gathers his legal pads and shakes his head} Ah the old days, they're gone for good.

{Joe and MrSpkr walk away dejectedly} You don't suppose he's ... lost it, do you?

{MrSpkr stops, considers for a moment} Nah, MadMatt can have a bad day too you know, he's allowed.

{Joe shakes his head in agreement} True, true, but I DO miss the old days.

Joe

[ October 21, 2002, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

MadMatt:

I INSIST that you release the patch now, shabby as it may be! I must have it! I don't care if it doesn't work, I just want it! Gimmie! Who needs historical accuracy, playability or complete coding? My friends playing other games all have tons of patches for their games and I don't have any! Whats wrong with you guys? What's this obsession with quality anyway? R U guys Unamericon?

And when is the Nintendo version coming out, eh?

:mad:

{MrSpkr shakes his head sadly, tearing up as a wave of nostalgia sweeps across him. . .} "I really miss those good old days . . ."

{Joe shakes his head in agreement} "Ah well, at some point PCG or CGW will review CMBB, bringing in more newbies for Matt to kick around."

{MrSpkr nods, stifling a sob} "Hold onto the dream, Joe hold onto the dream . . .

In the meantime, have I mentioned that useless pillock Boo has agreed to playtest 'Kursk You, Red Baron'?"

{Joe looks up, surprised} "But, that's a Ker Dessel* creation -- which side will he take?"

{MrSpkr smiles evilly} "Let me put it this way -- Boo has won the toss and elected to receive . . ."

{Joe shakes his head sadly} "Seanachai was right, you know."

MrSpkr "What do you mean?"

Joe "It appears there ISN'T a toss of difference between Ohioans and Australians."

-- exeunt --

*Ker Dessel - When You Want to Play CM in the WORST Way

[ October 21, 2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

{Boo walks up to where Joe and MrSpkr had been lounging, takes in the crushed beer cans, fried okra shrapnel and wadded up losing lottery tickets and shakes his head in disgust.}

Texans. I'd rather live next to a bunch of carny folk.

[ October 21, 2002, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

{Boo walks up to where Joe and MrSpkr had been lounging, takes in the crushed beer cans, fried okra shrapnel and wadded up losing lottery tickets and shakes his head in disgust.}

That explains why you live in Ohio.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Stroke of luck for you then eh, Boo, living in Akron as you do.

Joe