Wow BFC THANKS from CANADA! YOU ROCK!!!

That secret early shipment to Canada was the best! And what a great way to keep the terrorists off balance!

Some questions though - is it possible to link the two Stalingrad Operations on the CD into one mega-operation (for lack of a better word)?

Is it possible to mark "gift" on outgoing packages so that customs won't add GST? (Ok, maybe I'm pushing it...)

Oh, and since I feel obligated to start a "tripod" thread that CMBBers can be proud of - we had some lectures on the SF Kit (Sustained Fire) this weekend - I notice setup times for HMGs in CMBB are on the order of 1 minute. One of my sergeants told us that the setup time for a C6 on the SF Kit is 60 to 70 seconds. Seems about right; the MG34/42 lafette mount seems pretty similar, really. Good work!

0000del.jpg

<font color="gray"><small>Guess which parts I'm kidding about.</font></small>

But - couldn't the German HMG be used in the LMG role while the crew was setting up the tripod?

[ September 15, 2002, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

That secret early shipment to Canada was the best!

Oh, you are evil! :D I almost ran out to my mailbox like a drooling idiot. Good thing I didn't because I probably would have killed the postman tomorrow thinking he had stolen my game, my precious game.

Cross your fingers Dorosh. Sometimes they make you pay, sometimes they don't. I get everything delivered from the States to my work address. If customs looks up my name and company they'll see we do a lot of business cross border so usually they overlook the GST. It pays to work in a job where you can't tell people exactly what you do.

Lets have a bet on who gets theirs first. My mac version will come before your PC version. Plus I live in Ottawa which is geographically closer to BFC

Originally posted by The_Capt:

Nice lid!!

Our sister regiment is an armoured corps unit. Standing at the base waiting for the scenic cruiser to shuttle us to the armoury, we heard the driver talking by radio to another driver (it was a civvie bus company).

"Go and talk to the Highlanders" he told the other driver.

"Who are they?"

"Easy, they're the ones in the clown hats!"

The King's Own nearly fell over laughing, and I must admit, it's been a little difficult to put on the TOS without thinking about that....

Yes I don't believe MP's are very well liked by their brothers-in-arms. Not liked at all in fact.

Is it just me or is Sgt. "Glare" wearing jungle boots?

ANd on a serious note could you please mark "gift" so that GST isnt included? Or is there no duty? I forget.

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

Cross your fingers Dorosh. Sometimes they make you pay, sometimes they don't. I get everything delivered from the States to my work address. If customs looks up my name and company they'll see we do a lot of business cross border so usually they overlook the GST. It pays to work in a job where you can't tell people exactly what you do.

Lets have a bet on who gets theirs first. My mac version will come before your PC version. Plus I live in Ottawa which is geographically closer to BFC

I work at RIM and we have to many noisy people if the package does not have a PO then it get a lot of question even if it is personal. :(

Originally posted by gibsonm:

My Regt has a link to PPCLI.

Are they based near your outfit?

PPCLI are Regular Force- they send an officer to our regiment to act as Adjutant, and many of our troops serve with PPCLI on operations in Yugoslavia. Two battalions of PPCLI are based in Edmonton - about 300 km north of here. PPCLI are western Canada's regular infantry regiment, and we have close ties to them. Many of the former support staff that were posted to us have retired from the regular force, and joined my regiment, rebadging in the process.

Which Regiment are you in, down under? We used to have ties to the Byron Scottish which I believe doesn't exist anymore.