Magnificent 1/15/th & 1/16th Scale Ger. AFVs

I found this site at AFV NEWS online. The guy running this site has really impressive models, but his text is blinding, jammed together and tendentious.

His way of describing the various vehicles and their capabilities is unique to say the least. I suggest the best approach is to enjoy the models and ignore the rest. Too bad he didn't enter the CMBB model contest.

http://www.angelfire.com/goth/bobtank/index.html

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

His way of describing the various vehicles and their capabilities is unique to say the least. I suggest the best approach is to enjoy the models and ignore the rest. Too bad he didn't enter the CMBB model contest.

Regards,

John Kettler

I wouldn't want to live next-door to this guy but some of his models are pretty good. ;)

Thx for posting the link, John.

BTW read the description of the StuH42 for some interesting stuff about german soldiers and WWII. Scary.

:rolleyes:

[ July 26, 2002, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

BTW read the description of the StuH42 for some interesting stuff about german soldiers and WWII. Scary.

:rolleyes:

Holy Sh*t! I was looking at the pics, and at first I just thought, "Gosh, this guy has a lot of Nazi propaganda"... Then I read the StuH page.

Anyway, did you see the 1:1 page? That does not look like a museum to me. More like a big garage.

Guest Panzer Boxb
Originally posted by Soddball:

Try reading about the Brummbar. The guy needs some help. He probably gets laid less often than Fatmouse.

Wait a sec...less than Fatmouse? I didn't realize you could get laid -1 times. Or is that considered a retroactive abortion? Argh! My head hurts. :D

Here is a bit of one - not even one of the best.

The Sturmgeschutz crew's fighting motto was: "Lost are only those who abandon themselves!" that only the unshakable faith in a high ideal could overcome the situation, the Sturmgeschutz crews had this ideal, and the high command used them at full capacity on all major fronts. The Sturmgeschutz volunteers joined with the full knowledge, that the Sturmgeschutz crews incurred the highest death tolls, for them; the Sturmgeschutz tank arm was, despite all the deaths, The birth of Europe. In the name of the people and the nation, they honored them with a small symbolic gift, it was to honor them

with what was the most important aspect of their lives and their history, it created a new chivalry, those who earned the order of the Ritterkreuz, meaning the cross of the knights, were indeed the New Knights!

There are much more disturbing ones.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Thanks Mammou...I never expected anything that bad!

It got much worse Mike...Something about how Nazi Germany & it's soldiers were the builders of the one true Europe & that the allies should have joined Hitler in fighting the Russians.

Gyrene

EPIC; CAMPAIGN IN 1/15 & 1/16 SCALE; ROBERT MC GUIRE AND THE CRUSADE FOR PANZER MODELING. To all armor oriented modelers and Military History enthusiast of the free world, The foundation and goal of my Panzer Museum website is to interpret the historical significance of my large scale armored model collection gallery and display of all my 1/15 & 1/16 scale models from R/C to static, from production kits to my extensive conversions and fully scratch builds that fall into the 3 broad skill areas of modeling, which are: Basic Construction, Accuracy in scale and Detailing, Painting and Finishing. All based on common sense, realism and a piece of history. A tribute to the Panzers of WW II in an artistically creative historical background planned to represent the vehicles used by the German Wehrmacht in 1/15 1/16 scale format. It is a website backed by the good sense of the serious armored modeler, and for the sole benefit of the serious armored modeler. With many more new armored models to be built and added in the future. My agenda is full of armored model projects to build in 1/15 & 1/16 scale, from production kits to extensive conversions and to fully scratch builds. Building models is simply acting on a desire to record or capture the object of our fascination, It is about “knowing” the subject, it is no surprise then that modelers are usually information collectors as much as they are kit collectors and builders, Scratch a modeler underneath you’re likely to find a history buff, military expert, historians etc.. The hobby is healthier than ever, I even say it’s in a Golden age, it’s giving modeling an exciting international flavor, The beauty of it is you can model anything you want. Scale Modeling is simply the 3 dimensional, proportional replica of a physical object. If you can imagine it, you can build it! The hobby has matured into a fascinating, richly complex, and engaging way to express our interest in any desired topic of historical significance. For all modelers, the ultimate goal is to have fun! My collection is the reward of being artistically creative, to being creative begins when the spark of an idea ignites the fuel of language of any desired topic, just remember, the skill and craftsmanship is in the hands, not the tools. We, the people interested in this hobby and it’s promotion, need to come out with something workable for armored projects waiting to be attempted. What starts as a good idea by a few brings larger concerns for a growing movement, My goal is to interpret the historical significance of my models to be viewed by the public, and to serve the interest of authors, historians, educators, Veteran groups, and Model Makers! A truly well earned pictorial and literary monument has been established in honor of the PANZERTRUPPE in 1/15 & 1/16 scale. It is the common wish that their qualities find their highest expression. Because models are meant to be displayed and viewed. In large scale modeling in the basic construction there is what we call the Scale Effect. The Scale Effect is the visual phenomenon of distance effecting what the eye sees. for example, these 1/15 1/16 scale kits are BIG compared to the 1/35 scale kits, so that means all the detail must be much more precise on these big 1/15 1/16 kits, and what everybody notices foremost is not just the size, but the details. So what we want to do is finish a large scale armor model overall in a manner that suggest distance, in keeping with it’s big size and yet emphasise the details which will impart a jewel-like quality to the big model. In the big scale this is the joy and the thrill of it all, Of all the facets in modeling, Painting, Weathering, and Finishing is by far the most important, this can either make or break a model, because it is the degree of painting, weathering, and finishing that demands judgment, and because it is upon the appearance of the finished model that all your ability will be judged. The art of weathering is no refined science, the basic idea behind weathering an AFV model is to make it look used, The standard today in AFV weathering consist of weathering washes, dry brushing successively lighter shades to “bring out detail”. to realistically weather a model we must mimic nature, we must simulate, in scale, what happens to an AFV in the field, The key to a good weathering job is to create a weathering effect and how to replicate it in scale, So in determining what weathering effects to portray it is essential to know the subjects location and time of year. All the problems which model builders seem to have with realistic weathering and the single reason the “standard” method is so popular is that modelers have confused technique with effect, I think the philosophy of effect over technique is the key. Just remember, Apply less than you want, because the effect that you want is usually more than you need, just to accept it on some level as an artistic simulation of reality. The final results are pleasing, and artistic if executed tastefully. Besides being a Modeler and Historian, I am also interested in other academic disciplines, such as Political Science, Art, Archeology , and Thomistic Philosophy. I grew up visiting Museums, to such a degree that I always knew I just had to build one myself, with no admissions and conditions, and with no rules. For me, building armored models cannot exist without historical knowledge, History enhances people, and people cannot improve their lives without it. This philosophy is reflected in everything I have created. As one walks in the environment of a Museum, Art blends gracefully with history, one feels the elegant historical greatness and architecture, with it’s marbles, it’s bronzes, it’s translucent glass, the gravity of the gothic form and the sumptuousness of scientific technological breakthroughs and historical art, one feels the glory of it’s history. The greatness and the heroism, in this century of materialism, My models stand out as a shinning light of historical significance. In this atmosphere of history and greatness, one of the most important WWII armored fighting vehicle website awaits you, a website that will be remembered, it is the reward of an Epic. signed: Robert “Fields of Armor” McGuire. (the AUTHOR)

REAL PANZER EXHIBIT RELICS IN 1:1 SCALE. Tankers!! You’ve seen my model panzer miniature world museum collection in 1:15 scale; now get ready to see the real 1:1 scale fully restored authentic panzer vehicle relics. I will be your host to the ultimate panzer experience in 1/15 scale and also to this real 1:1 scale panzer museum collection; I’ll even dress for the occasion and put on my best uniforms!!
I only dress up my mannequin ;) , guess I'm more normal, huh?

000del.jpg

[ July 26, 2002, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

PANZERKAMPFWAGEN VI (Sdkfz 186) JAGDTIGER in 1/16 scale. The Tiger portfolio reached it’s zenith
Portfolio?

with the JAGDTIGER, A traveling fortress with features of one of savage brilliancy,
As opposed to routine brilliancy. How many candlepower did the Jagdtiger have, anyway?

with armor thickness of 250mm thick, and main armament of a 128mm Pak 44 L/55 gun, the largest weapon fitted to a production vehicle during the second world war, capable of destroying any allied heavy tank at near-maximum range,
What exactly is "near-maximum" range? Maybe he means "near Maximus?"

The JAGDTIGER was one highly organized power structure in the truest sense,

Sorta like Enron.

one lone JAGDTIGER with singular greatness

As opposed to multiple greatness, I guess

can hold and stop any allied armored division dead in their tracks!, even abandoned this vehicle could stop an allied advance, at a combat weight of over 70 tons, it was a real engineering achievement, Perhaps this is the best epitaph the Tigers could have, and they wrote one of the most colorful and incredible chapters in the history of arms.
Yeah, that will be the true legacy of the Tiger. "Damn those things were heavy. Musta been all that steel..." :rolleyes:

It proved itself in action in the battle of the Cherkassy breakout when trapped German units armed with this weapon in one of the most outstanding triumphs of determination over adversity in the annals of the war punched a hole and blasted it’s way out through the overpowering soviet forces, Of 56 000 men trapped in the pocket, 35 000 managed to escape and their performance amazed the world, it was unheard of at the time and the world was staggered (and stunned the soviets) Thirty five thousand of the finest young men in Europe! Thirty five thousand builders of Europe! Without hesitation they sacrificed themselves for their beliefs, they knew they had to give an example, they were the first on the front lines as a way to defend their country and their ideals, in victory or defeat these men always sought to be the best representatives of their country, they were the first to go and fight in an extraordinary spurt of comradeship, this comradeship was one of their most distinctive characteristics, from superior to inferior, each one was the comrade of the others, not since the great religious orders of the middle ages, had their been such selfless idealism and heroism, in this century of materialism, these feats stand out as a shinning light of spirituality, a true fighting force of man and machine, led by a strong hand, which possessed then the only real effective unity that which is derived from devout faith, as brothers in combat and brothers in ideology, this was supported emphatically by the reality of their arms, their troops, their ideals, and their iron-will, giving them the sure ability to endure any difficulties. On the battlefields of Europe they defended a great past and the construction of the future, the construction of a true Europe of high ideals and beliefs held as a common bond, they felt that Europe has a unique destiny and must unite, only the teamwork of free men bonded by a high ideal could unite Europe, a foundation for real European unity. These men saw the new Europe in the form of three great components; central Europe as the powerhouse of Europe, western Europe as the cultural heart of Europe, and eastern Europe as the potential of Europe. Thus the Europe these men envisioned was alive and real, it was in this span that Europe could achieve it’s destiny, this Europe would be the beacon of the world. They prepared for the high destiny of Europe. A united Europe that later on became a reality (NATO), and they had proven their actions in the whole period of the great struggles of the eastern front that some of that credit belongs to them! A solemnly paid tribute to the heroism for those who had a solemn duty to gather all their efforts and strengths to fight and free themselves from Stalin’s declared intention to exploit the spread and shroud of Bolshevik society over Europe on the bayonets of the Red Army.

Gyrene

He copied the short barreled StuG description nearly verbatim from Squadron Signal's GERMAN INFANTRY IN ACTION, with some of his own creepiness thrown in!

STURMGESCHUTZ SHORT GUN VERSIONS IN 1/15 SCALE. The Sturmgeschutz was a typical German weapon, It was much easier, cheaper, and faster to produce than a turreted tank, with a turretless tank, you can lower the profile of the vehicle, mount a larger caliber weapon , increase the armor thickness, and use the vehicle as a direct assault and fire support weapon. It’s principle role was to support the attacking infantry. When war came this weapon was ready to be welded into a force that could be Blitzed through the borders of the whole of Europe, conquering one nation after another. All of Europe was used as training ground, seasoning and blooding the German soldier until it seemed that nothing could stand against him. <font color=blue> Providing him with this fine weapon, the finest training, and giving him the whole of Europe to practice the art of warfare in until each one of the Wehrmacht troops was the finest fighting man in Europe. With thousands of highly trained officers, and millions of highly disciplined men, The German Army was, The best army in the world. If the German soldier was magnificent on the offensive, he was at least superb on the defensive. Holding ground with tenacity the German soldier very rarely panicked, and was able to think and fight it’s way out when the end seemed imminent. From a coldly practical military point of view, the German soldier was the perfect soldier. But in a broader judgement it must be concluded that he was quite simply too good. </font>
the blue stuff is verbatim IIRC from Squadron Signal's book.

Let's all email the weirdo!

Thanks Gyrene, just getting to that StuH now....weird!

[ July 26, 2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

SDKFZ 231 6 WHEELED RECON ARMORED CAR in 1/15 SCALE. At the time of it’s introduction in 1932; The 6 wheeled armored scout vehicle was the most modern and by far the best performing of it’s kind in the world, Spearheading the triumphant annexations of the Rhineland, Austria, and the Sudetenland by the wish of it’s citizens for a strong European unification of high ideals and beliefs held together as a common bond, a real effective European unity to lift people up; to forge for them a stable efficient and responsible state, a state backed by the good sense of people, and for the sole benefit of the people. It was “Strength through joy” and the return of power to the people, Spearheaded and supported by a strong immense healthy force, The force of the PANZERTRUPPE! Welded together, disciplined, with a soul, a purpose, and a meaning. Determined to accomplish their common goals. The people of Europe had marveled at this extraordinary force with a style unlike any others, The people could not help but be impressed. All had seen and grasped the magnitude of building a united Europe, an enthralling social justice for which they all had yearned in vain for years. They all prepared for the high destiny of a united Europe, With the thought of only creating an ideology called “Community”---a common ideal with it’s neighbors.
Woot! What a loon!

Gyrene

Originally posted on antother website by A_Rambling_Nut-job

lots of stuff snipped cuz post above had same thing and it was silly enough without 2 people posting it.

Has anyone had the heart to tell him that the Germans lost? :confused:

If you enjoyed this snippet feel free to go the link at the top of the page for more "Tales from the Deranged, Nazi Propaganda Home Page". And be sure to sigh our Aryan guestbook...if you are not Aryan please gas yourselves. Thank you. :D

[ July 26, 2002, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: mike the wino ]

FLAKPANZER IV VARIANTS IN 1/15 SCALE. Flak caliber weapons at the beginning of the war were horse drawn or towed; what was needed was to have Flak caliber weapons fully tracked and mobile, thus , the FLAKPANZER was born and introduced, they had no choice, they had to defend themselves from the air, the allies were unleashing abominable air terror bombings and strafings indiscriminately, they had to respond to this threat, the 2.cm quadruple 20mm flakvierling is the weapon believed to have shot down more allied aircraft more than any other Flak weapon; it was also used with deadly effect against ground targets.
They had no choice, but to make AA weapons to defend themselves with!

I'm off to sign the guest book to congratulate him.

Gyrene