Close Combat 2 scenario converted!!

Remember Schijndel Road from Close Combat 2? I sure do. That was a great scenario. It was also the first one I wanted to adapt to Combat Mission and I think it turned out great.

To see the map, click below:

http://HOME1.GTE.NET/res00b57/Schijndelmap.jpg

If you want the scenario, here is the link to get it.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/dteachw/Schijndel_Road.cmb

Try saving the file (right click?-Save Link). If that doesn't work, email me and Ill send it right back. BTW, Anglelfire has been flaking out so keep trying.

------------------

"Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5. Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?"

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 06-28-2000).]

Guest Rollstoy

Dear TeAcH!

I am so hurt!

I wanted to be the first to do this! But I have not received my copy of Combat Mission in time!

Anyway, nice job!

Now, do you plan to make do a comparison between CC and CM? I have already prepared the OOB for CC4's Simmerath map for conversion to CM. This map is very convenient to convert because it has zero elevation differences but quite a few houses and woods! You can find appropriate battle-groups for both sides (US 2xM4 76mm, Germans 1 Pz IV/H and 2 Stug 75mm) to allow for an interesting fight!

I strongly believe that this battle can be fought against the AI from both sides with zero casualties, at least in CC. I wonder if this will be possible at all with CM.

Expect more info when I receive my copy of CM!

Regards, Thomm

TeAcH,

Had a blast with this scenario.

SPOILER

Got really lucky with my setup and early turns, knocking out both Panthers in turn 1! After that it was pretty much over. I'm going to try it again from the German side this evening. Thanks for the conversion.

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion www.siteonsound.com

[This message has been edited by RobVarak (edited 06-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by RobVarak (edited 06-27-2000).]

Jerry you should remember that one it was the demo map IIRC for cc2

as to a comp..

cc1 was most like CM to me. i played asl. CM is most like ASL in all the computer wargames i have played. there are 2 other computer games that come close to CM.

one is Mech-brigade. i played that on a commadore 64.. and the other is typhon of Steel by S.S.I. it was for the c64 and for IBM machines. only thing different is the graphics.. much better now then it was top down view.

[This message has been edited by Arien (edited 06-27-2000).]

Teach, I played it as the Germans and had a blast. I also got lucky on the first few turns ...

SPOILER

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

I decided to move up the German left flank and pretty much destroyed the infantry and HTs over there with very minimal loss. My SP got knocked out immediately by that damned AT gun smile.gif Then, of course, there were the airstrikes ... sheesh! Luckily I got away from the first two with no losses, the third time they came through the aircraft nailed one of my Panthers with MG fire through the deck.

I finally infiltrated enough infantry to clear out the last pesky US infantry dug in by the bridge, as well as cleaning that AT gun's clock. Then ... it was time to duel with a Sherman. Ended up being a knife fight at very close range. Both turrets swinging to bear on the other. The Sherman got in the first round, but the Panther hit harder and killed him. I'm still in the game, and it looks like more armor coming on. A very good scenario, had a blast, thanks.

Joe

How about the polish drop zone in CC2. I still grit my teeth when I think of the losses my airborne units took trying to get across that damn field (with MG42s parked conveniently in the upper floors).

Just when you make some headway, the SS rolls down the road with mech units. Damnit damnit damnit

Funny you should mention that Polish Drop Zone! I was thinking of the very same one! That was a great map and fun to play. Ill think Ill try to make that one!

I am glad you all enjoyed Schijndel. Question? Did the presence of the AA gun help at all?

TeAcH

Yes, the AA gun did make a difference. Jabo came in and AA gun started firing. Jabo killed the AA gun, but I think the AA fire made Jabo miss my Panther and dumped rockets or bombs on allied troops, decimating them in the process. Good job on the scenario. It is winable from either side and a lot of fun.

SPOILER SPACE

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Very fun. I played as the yanks and got an axis surrender on turn 16. I placed my gun and stewart on the main road with a sherman on other side of bridge by house and other sherman guarding other bridge (hey I didnt know where the germans were coming from wink.gif ).

Got VERY lucky on the first couple of turns with German armour just getting popped left and right. Then a bloody panzerfaust from maximum range crapped my sherman which I had parked on the north bridge. Then when my reinforcements arrived the bridge was blocked which lead to a comedy of errors as 3 half tracks and half the german and american armies all shooting at pointblank range waitdeep in water smile.gif

South german infantry assualts got wiped out by my hidden squads. After that I started to move forward mopping up and the white flag came up. Never saw any aircraft but either the scenario ended too soon or I missed it in the INTENSE action that was going on.

I came away feeling very pleased I had won total victory playing the scenario "cold" first time out but I didnt feel the scenario was unbalanced either.

Very fun scenario, nice job.

_dumbo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I am glad you all enjoyed Schijndel. Question? Did the presence of the AA gun help at all?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, he blew the snot out of some infantry hiding in one of the buildings ... OH ... you mean against aircraft? smile.gif Hell no, he tracked them once but never fired a round. Of course that might be affected by lots of things, like my incompetent placement. But I really did enjoy the scenario. Well done.

Joe

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Thanks all. I appreciate the comments very much. Schijndel Road was on my mind the very day I heard an editor would be included with CM. Close Combat 2 was my favorite of the lot. The followings got poorer until cc4, which was laughable and an utter disappointment. Nonetheless, I am glad you all enjoyed that scenario. You know, when I first started this scenario by building the map, it turned out fairly large. The final map in the scenario seemed about right. Initially I thought it was going to be too small but after playing it a few times, it seemed fine. I am playing a buddy in Schijndel right now as Germans and we are having a helluva fun match. A real chess match and nailbiter too!! HA! I positioned my AA gun behind the Panther expecting it to provide cover. When the Allied FB arrived, it dropped two bombs and descimated my Panther and AA in one fell swoop. The AA didnt even fire a shot. Granted the FB arrived from behind it. Oh Well.

Yeah. What a fun map. Take care,

TeAcH

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 06-28-2000).]

SPOILER

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

For the record TeAcH ending up beating me in our "nail biter" game. Damn that Panther is tough he withstood three zook blasts, and three shots from a dug in Sherman. I found the scenario to be a lot of fun and we lasted until the last few turns before it was clear that victory was not mine.

Nice job TeAcH

Thanks Jimmy 4 Eyes! That battle WAS a lot of fun and chock-full of nailbiters. Turned out to be a great scenario, if I dont say so myself....well, I think so anyway (wink).

TeAcH

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 07-03-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I had to bring this up to the top again.

**********SPOILER*********

This was by far the most enjoyable scenario I've played yet. The Jabos made it way more interesting. My German FB dropped both of it's bombs on a Sherman that was knocked out. In the process it also kill about 10 of my troops!! The Allies FB took out my AA gun with a barrage of rockets. Quite an interesting battle it was.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

Hehehe..dunno Col. Interesting. Prolly not though. Thanks for the comments on the scenario. For info, the Luftwaffe pilot was set to green, that explains why he may have targeted a destroyed AFV. I did this to simulate the lack of quality pilots in the Luftwaffe at that time. I also made the chances of a German jabo appearing rare. Again, trying to simulate the decimated condition they were in.

In contrast, the American pilot is better as are his chances of arrival.

TeAcH

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 07-12-2000).]