The Peng Challenge Demo - Download at Your Own Risk

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Speaking of frogs, buckets and babes in bikinis, have we settled on the plans for Sunday? I've confirmed that I have no corporate shindigs so my afternoon/evening are pretty much open.

We are on for 5 o'clock sundowners at Lord Fletcher's on Lake Minnetonka.

I'll be the guy with the full drink, bikini babe on the arm, and a pained expression when you show up.</font>

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scene: A somewhat rundown cabana by an empty pool. Footsteps are heard as a tall, thickwaisted man appears in the doorway. He makes his way to the scarred bar where he shoves aside the accumulated windblown detritus and the occasional paper parasol.

"Barkeep! Barmaid! Garcon! Nurse! Poolboy! Anybody ta home?"

From the shadows glides a figure with katana raised in a not too unthreatening position.

Hakko Ichiu:"No poolboys around here friend. If that's what you'e looking for, I suggest you move on."

"But it's been a long, hard road and a drink would taste pretty good right about now." smiled the stranger.

Hakko: "Are you deaf or just stupid? No drinks for you!" And with that he spins into the confrontational pose "Tiger sensing his prey".

"Whoa," said the stranger, "if you want to dance the dance, hang on half a mo."

With that he began searching the pockets of his volumnous trenchcoat, pulling out item after item.

"Thermos, harmonica...oh, there's that sandwich... G.I.Joe action figure, stuffed marmoset, silver service for eight..."

Hakko: "What manner of coat is that?"

"Got it at an estate sale...Harpo Marx's I believe. Ah! Here we go..."

And with that he pulled out a battered and bent 5-iron.

Hakko: "A golf club? You intend to fight me with a golf club??? And a bent one to boot?"

"It was straight, until I got done thanking M'Lud Croda for introducing me to Crodaburg.

Hakko: "YOU are of the vile line of Croda?

"My friends call me Boo, but you can call me Mr. Radley." For it was indeed Boo Radley the stalwart knight.

Hakko: "After this people will be calling you the 'half a head shorter than he used to be Boo"

Boo: "Never fit on a business card my friend."

And with that, Hakko leapt forwards with "Rain dancing on the waters", to be met with "Old man slurping soup". Rebounding, Hakko attacked with "Winter wind in treetops", only to be countered with "Business woman puts on mascara in rearview mirror".

Everything Hakko used was riposted with ease. "Falling snowflakes" met "Fumbling for change at the meter", "Lotus blossoms reflected on water" was stopped by "Man asking for check in delicatessan".

Winded, Hakko asked, "how is it you can fight with an unconventional weapon using stupid methods?"

'I'm from House Croda", said Boo, "we aint pretty but we get the job done.

Hakko: "Perhaps we should discuss this over a drink, after all."

Boo: "Ther ya go. Know how to make a hickory daquiri, Doc?

And the scene fades...

Tanj, sure are some snarky folks in the outer threads. Poor little MrSpkr gets tried, convicted and tarred all in one -- or rather several -- quick posts.

And let me tell ya', Speakeasy, any thread that has me and Dorosh backing you, is not a thread to be in!

'Sides all that, nothing to report other than that Speedbump is running, routed, ruined. But, since it is in a scenario by Berli-two-Shoes (and his does seem a bit... emasculated... today), it's not worth feeling good about.

Speaking of feeling to good, did Treeburst169 have one of those "snip snip" operations whilst I was gone?

Hmmmm... Treeburst and Berli acting up (or out)... did anyone check to see if Peng bought more of that damned ESB (Estrogen Special Beer) again??

Originally posted by Persephone:

Is your real name Norman Bates?

Persephone

Hi Persephone! Actually my real name is Roxy, but I also go by Treeburst155, Mike, and Norman Rockwell. I guess Norman Bates would be a nice name to add; but I was thinking of going with Stephanie next. I don't want to be thought of as someone who discriminates against women.

Stephanie out.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

I thought...

Doubtful

...Mike The Gnat was the gnat. Are you getting confused Berli? Feel the need for a bit of a lie down?
No confusion. You are but one Gnat in a swarm. Not nearly annoying enough for <BIG>coventry</BIG>, nor clever enough for true notice</font>

At were noo pretty....NINE MkIV Jagdpanther thingies...."J"s'(?)...anywah, NINE tank things bought bah a complete an' utter bastarrd cam clankin' an mewlin' tawuds mae brave laddies ain a clump o' menace an' gamey bastige scullduggery. On an' on tha cam, thain suddenly mah wee laddies rose oop AN' BLEW THA STANKIN' SNOT OOT O' THA FESTERIN' LOT O' THAIM!!

Wun wuz laift tae wander aboot 'til mah doughty 76mm AT gun thing bunged wun oop haes rear aind.

An' tha's hoo tha Clan OGSF beat tha crap oot o' Lars tae tha tune o' 65 tae 26 fer a major victory. Ah'm sae bleedin' grrrreat Ah am!!

Good Evening to you all my friends , I do hope one and all are well and happy .

Tonight I bring some updates

Harv Its finished here , I meted out death and destruction on his men , 84-16 , a noble defeat to record on Lorak's scrolls . Harv is a worthy opponent who will not give in until the global morale says so

I doff my cap to you .

A J Its early chaos here , there are only a few turns left , but its an operation so we have yet to see what happens next .

Noba Its still early days at the Port , he kills my guns , I kills his tanks , this going to run .

Lars In contrast to the above we are both killing buildings as fast as possible , they are full of people though .

Lurk Well nothing is actually happening here because I'm waitng for a turn .

The Capt yep thats him , He has not gone away and neither will his troops , I continue to gently persuade them to leave the battlefield .

Boo I see you are spending time posting so that means you should have time to send the setup you promised . If you still have too many games on the go I'll wait and bid my time .

Some other news . On the arrival of the demo I will be playing against Harv in one of the scenarios , it will be a double blind thing . Who will be who is undecided , I challenge all to the same scenario with the same side , even beta testers (you know who you are) if you willing to give up on one of the demo games in a way , for a while , let me know .

Originally posted by Persephone:

Joe, what are you going to do with a bucket of frogs?

One leaves him stilll hungry?

Updates, and raisins and other dried fruits:

Alkasaltza has a simple task - drive down the 1 road ignoring the dense forests on either side that his tanks can't move through anyway, and get off the table.

He's finally realised that the road is there.....and is dying a lot TM. I had thoughtthis might be a record high score for him - 13 or even 14, but it's not loooking good.

Poopsy King is still trying to figure out why he has a carpenter's pencil to write something on the back of this postage stamp. In the meantime his troops are dying. Regretably so are mine and hte race is to see who can die the most the fustist.

Bug Demon - I thought he was MIA, but a turn appeared out of nowhere, and promptly went back to the same.

Mustard Pong - well boyo - you got the game, when are you going to get off your butt and do something about it??

All of you are despicable lazy plonkers who owe me turns!!

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

And with that, Hakko leapt forwards with "Rain dancing on the waters", to be met with "Old man slurping soup". Rebounding, Hakko attacked with "Winter wind in treetops", only to be countered with "Business woman puts on mascara in rearview mirror".

Everything Hakko used was riposted with ease. "Falling snowflakes" met "Fumbling for change at the meter", "Lotus blossoms reflected on water" was stopped by "Man asking for check in delicatessan".

Fool! I would never attack with two water techniques in the same series. That would be far too predictable.

Hmmmmm, let me see, who can I pick on........Geier looks like a prize idiot, and comes from Sweden too which is in my part of the world. Well don't just sit there, dribbling on your keyboard and soiling your underwear in fear of fighting me. Get your fingers out of your cereal bowl you old fart, and send me a setup, if you're not up to it, then sod off.

Hmmmmm, let me see, who can I pick on........Geier looks like a prize idiot, and comes from Sweden too which is in my part of the world. Well don't just sit there, dribbling on your keyboard and soiling your underwear in fear of fighting me. Get your fingers out of your cereal bowl you old fart, and send me a setup, if you're not up to it, then sod off.

Gawwwd. Per-thet-ique. As if he's even going to realise that was a challenge... What's the matter ? The monkey organising your keystrikes on holiday ? Your two (that many); brain cells stopped talking? Nah. You've probably got one hand stuck to parts of your body your mother told you not to...and the other is doing unspeakables.

Send me a set up and be ready to follow the path of your Liege. Son of a thistle muncher !

Noba.

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Hmmmmm, let me see, who can I pick on........Geier looks like a prize idiot, and comes from Sweden too which is in my part of the world. Well don't just sit there, dribbling on your keyboard and soiling your underwear in fear of fighting me. Get your fingers out of your cereal bowl you old fart, and send me a setup, if you're not up to it, then sod off.

Gawwwd. Per-thet-ique. As if he's even going to realise that was a challenge... What's the matter ? The monkey organising your keystrikes on holiday ? Your two (that many); brain cells stopped talking? Nah. You've probably got one hand stuck to parts of your body your mother told you not to...and the other is doing unspeakables.

Send me a set up and be ready to follow the path of your Liege. Son of a thistle muncher !

Noba.</font>

Oh ... POOP! 5:45 AM, going out of town tomorrow for a bloody week (and meeting with my current and former squires no less, how bad is THAT going to be ... there'd best be some forelock tugging and Yes My Lieging going on or I'll know the reason why) and my golf courses of choice both have tournaments going on today!

I suppose I could stay home and get some turns out ... POOP!

Joe