This message board is full of whiners!

I apologize in advance. ;)

Barrett's Privateer said

Many complicated arguments but the end result in my case is still very

simple; with the info I currently have I really can't justify buying CMBB.

Still customers are earned (or lost) one at a time. I thought that the more

customers, the better games BTS can make for everyone.

So, for what its worth, here's one customer who found the demo weak and

only served to nudge him not to buy CMBB.

Perhaps it was just the scenarios I disliked, not the game. Too bad... if this is the case. I'm genuinely disappointed.

So, I guess I am (was?) an existing customer.

This statement is completely absurd for anyone who owns CMBO!

The key to CM is the game engine. Plus, it includes one of the most comprehensive scenario editors I've ever seen. You can personally tweak any of the scenarios as you see fit! Also, there are literally thousands of user made scenarios for CMBO available on hundreds of fan sites. The same will be the case for CMBB.

If you are a fan of CMBO and make the decision not to buy CMBB because you don't like the demo scenarios you are crazy!

[ September 08, 2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Directive#21 ]

He's entitled to his opinion. If he thinks he won't like the game then he shouldn't pay money for it. I guarantee though that he will definitely be in the minority. That's fine. It should free up a copy to the many more who want to buy this game especially after trying the demo.

Originally posted by Panzerman:

You know what's even worse? The people who complain about people complaining! :rolleyes:

And then there are the people who complain about the people who complain about the people who are complaining...

Sounds like the opening credits to "Holy Grail" of somefink.

Everyone who is getting a little too caught up in this needs to back away from the computer and repeat to themselves "It's only a game, It's only a game".

Granted, a damn good one, but still just a game.

Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzerman:

You know what's even worse? The people who complain about people complaining! :rolleyes:

And then there are the people who complain about the people who complain about the people who are complaining...

Sounds like the opening credits to "Holy Grail" of somefink.

Everyone who is getting a little too caught up in this needs to back away from the computer and repeat to themselves "It's only a game, It's only a game".

Granted, a damn good one, but still just a game.</font>

I'll be locking this one up, but some words first:

Barrett's Privateer is entitled to his opinion, even if I am totally surprised by it. I am not surprised by people not respecting this opinion, although I feel that is not a propper way to react.

Having said that, anybody that makes a purchase decision based on a demo's (ANY demo's) scenarios/missions is missing the point of the demo. A good demo, any good demo, is designed to show off the game system. As long as the game has a rich selection of scenarios/missions, not to mention a full fledged editor, then if the game system looks great a purchase should be a no brainer. If a demo is only about the scenario/missions it includes, then why bother buying the game?

For example, I bought Warcraft II even though I thought both the Warcraft I and II demo scenarios sucked. But I liked the system and bought WCII (WCI was already quite old when I played its demo). The single player game was OK, but I don't even want to think about how many hours I spent kicking ass in multiplayer! Had I not purchased the game based on the demo, would Blizzard have been the loser of the deal? No, I would have been.

CMBB offers an unlimited number of scenarios spanning 4 years of conflict and 7 nations fighting over hundreds of thousands of square KMs, from the Arctic to the Black Sea. If anybody thinks that two measely scenarios can adequately show off all this... well, then obviously CMBB is not the game for them. And I say that with no ill feelings at all. If we expected our games to appeal to everybody, we would be sorely disapointed with our sales smile.gif

Steve