Release: IS Tanks mod.

Originally posted by SAMi V:

OK. Here it is finally. :D

If someone wants this without the stripes and slogan i can release that one later on, but here is now the whole thing.

It looks great, but I'm not a slogan kind of guy. I'll be looking forward to the plain version!

One option when doing these kinds of mods is to have both slogan and plain .bmps in the file, so the player can choose which one he wants to play with

Great work and thanks for the no slogan version (tho' the slogan looks great also) !

I'm still hesitant to install, waiting for more mods of the same(ish) colour scheme. One installed mod sticks a bit out, don't you think ? Still, great work. Tested it and liked what I saw. Keep 'em coming.

Originally posted by SaTyR:

Great work and thanks for the no slogan version (tho' the slogan looks great also) !

I'm still hesitant to install, waiting for more mods of the same(ish) colour scheme. One installed mod sticks a bit out, don't you think ? Still, great work. Tested it and liked what I saw. Keep 'em coming.

Yes, i know what you mean. I guess i now have to mod them all to this same scheme. :D

One installed mod sticks a bit out, don't you think ?

Yeah, SAMi, where's the REST of the d*mn army?!? smile.gif

Q: What kind of M&Ms does Tatoo from Fantasy Island like?

A: "De Plain! De Plain!" ( sigh )

The plain one is hot. Yes, that stripe looks better, but I *still* think it jumps out a bit. If nobody volunteers to agree with me then just figure it's only me.

I really like the other person's suggestion to show naked metal on those tiny bits of track which actually touch the ground. I'm not sure if that's right though, if a tank is just cruising around the steppes?

I hope someone hosts it for you- I can't. Anyway- even the *Russian Judges* are scoring it a 9.99!!

Eden

Spoiled brat!

;)

In my day, we had to wait for idividual mods to come out. We didn't have the luxury in the old days (of 2000) of grabbing a half gig of mods and plop them all on. We had to make due with what we had!

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

Anyway- even the *Russian Judges* are scoring it a 9.99!!

Eden

And the *German Judges* are dying to have a second look ;) "Bang on target !"

[ October 16, 2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: SaTyR ]

Originally posted by zukkov:

thanks for the mod! i'll use it in good health(i hope!). i have a question about slogans. were they forced to paint them on by political officers or were they the soldiers' idea? or were they just painted on at the factory?

From what I've read, slogans were applied at the factory by worker groups who "donated" the tank with their savings or extra work. Same with airplanes. Kind of a Soviet way to substitute for war bonds. Soldiers were apparently proud to drive them for the workers.

We should remember that it was their "Great Patriotic War" and natural nationalism did not need to be forced by political officers. People really did want to fight facists, just like US guys wanted to join the war effort.

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SAMi V:

OK. Here it is finally. :D

If someone wants this without the stripes and slogan i can release that one later on, but here is now the whole thing.

It looks great, but I'm not a slogan kind of guy. I'll be looking forward to the plain version!

One option when doing these kinds of mods is to have both slogan and plain .bmps in the file, so the player can choose which one he wants to play with</font>

Originally posted by my new hero..

Yes, i know what you mean. I guess i now have to mod them all to this same scheme.
Please do!! Even if you were to just add that type of weathering to the afvs, it would be a spectacular contribution.. Well done sir!!!