PATTON MUSEUM AND BLACKHORSE

Dave,

You feel a cold coming on. You are really feeling ill when Aug 6th comes. You will be suffering from an acute case of CMBBitis.

Rune

I am not comming I65, but thanks for the heads up. I am doing the I-24, Kentucky Parkway route. Any heads up for that?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rune:

Dave,

You feel a cold coming on. You are really feeling ill when Aug 6th comes. You will be suffering from an acute case of CMBBitis.

Rune

I am not comming I65, but thanks for the heads up. I am doing the I-24, Kentucky Parkway route. Any heads up for that?

Actually, one of the benefits of 25 years with the federal government is that I still have a bit over three weeks vacation I have to use or lose by the end of the year. So I don't even need to fake an illness.

Can't help you with the I-24, KY Parkway trip. It looks to me like the long way around. My only advice is to stay on the pavement. I assume you've seen "Deliverance"? Enough said. ;)

Are you planning to do the CMBB demo at Fort Knox, or are you looking for a place nearby? If you would like a big room, I can probably arrange one or more in Jeffersonville, IN, which is on the north side of Louisville. I'll even volunteer my house as a site, and risk the hatred of thousands.

I will be staying around Ft. Knox since I will have my kids with me, and showing them Matt's hometown could cause them harm. smile.gif Who know, maybe Blackhorse will smuggle us into the Officers club to demo the game. hehehehehe

Rune

Originally posted by USTanker:

I'm definately coming. Hey Blackhorse, what's the surpise? You can't get us into SIMNET or the CCTs (never had a chance to play with those) can you?

When did you do AOAC?

USTanker

Tanker, I went to IOAC in the summer of '90.

Before that I was in the 1st Cav Division. After IOAC I was in the 11th ACR, Blackhorse, in Fulda, GE.

How about you?

Regards,

Chris

Sarge,

You are welcome to join us, as is anyone who can make it on the 6th.

Once again, 6 August at 0900.

Rune

Rune,

Can not make it now and I am very bummed out! :(

I have a trip to Michigan scheduled that week so I am headed north instead of south....

Aarghhh! Was looking forward to meeting some of the Midwest CM gang.

Next time hopefully.

-Sarge

• 2 weeks later...

Blackhorse,

You've got me by a few years. I went to AOAC in '97. Spent 4 years at Riley beforehand. Spent a year in Korea and then 18 months at Lewis before the first medium brigade encouraged me to get out. We can talk about that later.

See you on the 6th.

OK, I leave for a soccer referee camp on Friday, then come home Sunday and immediately leave for my Mom's in Southern Il. I will be at the museum at close to 9:00 AM on Tuesday 6 Aug, as I can be.

Roll call time, who is definitely going to be there? I know we have:

Me

Matt

Blackhorse

US Tanker.

Who else will definitely be there?

Last...Blackhorse, Matt keeps asking me about dirving the hetzer, be warned... hehehehe

Rune

Roll call time, who is definitely going to be there? I know we have:

Me

Matt

Blackhorse

US Tanker.

Who else will definitely be there?

Rune

Me! (not the Rune "Me" from above but the Harv "Me" from right here)

Assuming the grasshoppers don't chew my legs off first that is.

Harv

I will have a laptop with me, and will have 2 Critters of my own. Also, I will either be wearing my carrier cap [i was Navy], or a FIFA yellow hat. {If you don't know what FIFA is, then don't ask. heheheh)

How did I forget you Harv? [The several bottles of wine almost allowed me to]. hehehehe

Look forward to meeting everyone there. Oh yeah, we do get to look at the tanks before you all start clammering for CMBB. smile.gif

Rune

Couldn't pass this one up...

We're gonna get to drive an M1A1!!
No Iskander, you are going to get to change the oil in an M1A1. Then another, then another, and perhaps even a Bradely if you are lucky! Remember to wear dark clothes that you dont't care too much about smile.gif

Sorry I can't attend, but I'm a "bit busy" at the moment and probably 1000 too far to drive up to meet with you guys :D

Steve

We'll meet at 0900 hrs by the entrance to the Patton Museum.

Maybe if we all carry CMBO placards or have those silly sticky name tags with our Forum handles scribbled on them we'll have an easier time recognizing each other.

Either way, once we have the whole crew present, we'll go through the museum, and then head out to the oil and track changing round-robin, followed by the v-pack blowing and then the end-connector pulling.

Once we're sufficiently exhausted and dehydrated, we'll then try to fire up a laptop or two and try to see what all this fuss over CMBB is about.