PATTON MUSEUM AND BLACKHORSE

Blackhorse, glad you are going to chaparone these kiddies around the museum. Just remember to keep an eye on Rune. He told me he is going to try and start up the Panther F for a spin smile.gif

...v-pack blowing and then the end-connector pulling.
Oh, you fellas are in for a real treat!!

smile.gif

Steve

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Blackhorse:

We'll meet at 0900 hrs by the entrance to the Patton Museum.

...we'll then try to fire up a laptop or two and try to see what all this fuss over CMBB is about.

OK considering the interest in CM:BB I put this at about 0908 hrs

Steve, Steve, Steve,

You got it wrong. I was going for the Panther II.

Matt was going for the hetzer.

Rune

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Blackhorse, glad you are going to chaparone these kiddies around the museum. Just remember to keep an eye on Rune. He told me he is going to try and start up the Panther F for a spin smile.gif

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />...v-pack blowing and then the end-connector pulling.

Oh, you fellas are in for a real treat!!

smile.gif

Steve</font>

I would dearly love to go, but alas, the 6th is my long-suffering wife's birthday and I think this would push the boundary of decorum to even suggest this trip.

Hope everyone has a great time and brings back some pictures!

BDH

Originally posted by Aacooper:

I live in Louisville, but of course I will be out of town on the 6th. You guys have fun!

The name of the town, BTW Madmatt, is pronounced "Loo-a-ville" smile.gif

Is that after the French King Loo-a, along the lines of Loo-a-siana, and the city of St. Loo-a?

;)

Rune, drop me a note with some ideas on how to find FT. Knox and the Musuem if you can.

I'm seriously thinking, almost convinced myself to make the trip.

You say that you will be meeting at the Museum on the 6th at 9AM?

Are there motels in the area near the installation?

Send me any info you can Rune. I think I'm on Madmatt's blacklist right now, so I'll appeal to you.

Or you can call me. You have my number...or I can call you. Let me know.

Wild Bill

Thanks, Buddy! I was worried about that. I'm glad to know that.

Well, I've been purveying the Atlas, I guess I take 75 to Chatanooga, 24 to Nashville and 65 to State Highway 31 West, south of Louisville. Does that sound right?

Is there lodging in the area or does anyone know.

I'm getting quite serious about making this trip.

Wild Bill

Wild Bill,

Am staying at the Comfort Inn Atrium Gardens

1043 Executive Dr in Elizabethtown Ky

270/769-3030 or 800-228-5150

there were rooms still available when I made my reservations. We are all meeting at the Museum itself on 6 Aug at 0900.

I will be out of town starting in the morning. SO I wont get the chance to call Bill. Toss me an email as soon as you read this.

Rune

Bill, Rune et all...I'm booked into the Best Western Gold Vault Inn in Radcliff also. Phone number for there is 270 351-1141.

I have also sent my cell# via e-mail if you can't reach me there and want to have a drink with a real-life<sup>TM</sup> dert farmer that night.

Harv

Wild Bill,

This is great,I am at work at the club now but will be home around 10:00 CDT. I have lost your phone number. Send it to me in an email and I will give you a call when I get home tonight.

dave (Soundman)

I am still planning on being there. Still a lot of maintenance I need to get done with the start of our school just around the corner but I am figuring to make it. One last day away will be good for me, particularly a day like this smile.gif

--Randl

I'll be there as well. Live in Lex, KY. Been to the museum once before, it has some great tanks there, Tiger(with a cut-away on part of the armor to show how thick it is!), T-34, plus other cool stuff like a Panzerschreck and Panzerfaust. I am looking forward to checking out the museum with folks who love WWII stuff and of course CM! It will be really cool if we can check out the stuff in storage!

Walking out the door literally. WIld Bill, I wont be at the hotel til tuesday, I am driving straight to the museum on Tuesday. So you won't be able to reach me Monday.

All, we are getting a tour of the back lot. And more. Just talked with Blackhorse, and we confirmed the schedule. This is a traip NOT to be missed.

Rune

Hello all,

All I can really do is blame Scott Boston, he alerted me to this thread. For some odd reason, he thought that since I am stationed at Ft. Knox that I would probably not want to pass up a chance to actually meet other CMers (that and maybe see the CMBB beta). How silly of him, right? :rolleyes: Anyway, if I can get the go-ahead from my boss, I might be able to be there on Tuesday as well.

Doug

Originally posted by Doug Frank:

Hello all,

All I can really do is blame Scott Boston, he alerted me to this thread. For some odd reason, he thought that since I am stationed at Ft. Knox that I would probably not want to pass up a chance to actually meet other CMers (that and maybe see the CMBB beta). How silly of him, right? :rolleyes: Anyway, if I can get the go-ahead from my boss, I might be able to be there on Tuesday as well.

Doug

Worst case, you can come join us in the Lincoln Room at the Leaders Club from, oh 1600 hrs onward.

Sweeeeeeet....I'd really like to make sure I can make it for the looks at the armor not normally seen by museum-goers. I itch for the day that they finish the expansion project, that and I want to take a bolt-cutters with me every time I pass the LST building... ;)

Originally posted by Doug Frank:

Sweeeeeeet....I'd really like to make sure I can make it for the looks at the armor not normally seen by museum-goers. I itch for the day that they finish the expansion project, that and I want to take a bolt-cutters with me every time I pass the LST building... ;)

Where do you work at Knox?

Did you know that you can volunteer at the Museum, and that doing so allows you to ride in and work on their operational stuff (Hetzer, JGDPZR IV, Sherman, etc)? They're looking for volunteers. If your schedule allows it you should consider it.