I guess I might as well feed the dogs (Pics)

128mm PaK. Note the captured SU-85 behind it. I am also not sure the Sturmgruppe guys positioned themself that good if the gun actually fires. But then, it is a blizzard in December of 1944 and the whole stuff is probably frozen anyway

cmbb-128mm-pak.jpg

The flamethrower T-34 still has its cannon and one MG and it is still blazingly fast. It was not fast enough for this Sturmtiger, though.

cmbb-flame-sturm.jpg

[ September 24, 2002, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Mortar carriers directed by a platoon HQ. They help a regular platoon defend against the human wave of two green comapanies:

mortar1.jpg

From the other side after one (!) turn of firing.

mortar2.jpg

The result:

mortar3.jpg

Note that the mortars cause 7, 15, 13 and 12 casulties and the squads 13, 15, 21 and 51 casulties.

However, the squads could only score that good because they exploited the fact that CM units are much more vulnerable from the sides and rear - they needed the discouraging effect from the mortar barrage.

The mortar vehicles have 14, 23, 18 and 34 HE rounds left after this fight.

What do you guys want to see?

The Axis light armor is mostly uninteresting because it is mostly replacement models.

[ September 24, 2002, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

For kicks I re-ran the mortar test without the rifle squads.

This time 9 Germans were killed (3 HQ and 6 crewmembers). The position was infitrated but the HQ alone killed a lot of infiltrators (35, the rest did the halftracks), it took a long number of turns before I had to abandon the position. The Soviets killed one halftrack and shocked another. Note that the halftracks plu 9 men are worth 110 points, the 109 green men are worth 326 points. So watch your crews.

The cost of a halftrack is 57, the HQ is 19. The Russian Green platoon when bought in a company is 12 (HQ) + 18 + 18 + 19 + 19 points.

As you can see, green men are a lot cheaper than regulars. The test was done in June 1943, so the Soviets still have the bigger delay, IIRC.

Originally posted by Panzer76:

Cool!

Redwolf, do you think the mortar HT will be actually bought now in QBs?

And, the points listed, is that including the +& rarity, or without the extra cost?

Rarity is already calculated in the prices. A unit listed as 200% isn't really a bargain...

Originally posted by Panzer76:

Redwolf, do you think the mortar HT will be actually bought now in QBs?

It feels good, yes. I expect that normal thin HE throwers are at great risk in CMBB due to AT rifles and other stuff. So people will be greatful to have an indirect fire HE thrower.

But then, I used them in CMBO, too smile.gif They could mess up infantry in woods pretty badly.

And, the points listed, is that including the +& rarity, or without the extra cost?

I don't really know but as I understand this (in the editor) is the base price. In Quickbattles, you either get the rarity added as punishement, or if you have variable/random rarity then you get it added, but there are "lucky" units which only cost the normal price.

[ September 26, 2002, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

How 'bout this baby!

kv-2.jpg

Those things are fun. I had one last night in a QB. The damn'd thing took out a slew of PzIIIs before being immobilized by a strafing attack. After that, it took about 30-40 hits before the crew bailed out.

Damn slow though.