CMHQ: CMMOS v3.01 !!!

Is now released and ready to grab at CMHQ. Highlights? - Adds the long awaited Axis AFV's to the CMMOS arsenal!

Also, 26 German vehicles mods + Mine Warning Signs!!! smile.gif

Notes:

All previous CMMOS v3.0 mods are compatible with v3.01.

Please take note that there is no RuleSet for the Axis vehicles. It is included in the actual CMMOS program itself, so you will need to upgrade to v3.01 to have access to these.

"The main features of CMMOS v3.01 are that it should handle the case of CM:BO's installation path not being present in the registry better, several bug fixes to the configuration files, etc. and inclusion of the German Vehicles RuleSet (that's my "carrot" to convince people to upgrade so I don't have to worry about CMMOS v3.00 issues anymore)." smile.gif - GEM

Many thanks, as always, to Gordon, and to all the mod-makers whose work is included in this latest CMMOS release.

Enjoy!

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Manx ]</p>

I guess it's too late to chime in on the naming convention of the files, since we all had a say in that a couple of months ago. But looking at your listing, all I see is

GEM

GEM

GEM

GEM

GEM

GEM

GEM

Then I look a bit to the right hoping to find the name of the vehicle being modded, and all I see is

camo

camo

camo

camo

camo

camo

And then you look a bit more to the right and you see the name of a vehicle - and look down to read the next one and there again is

camo

camo

camo

camo

I know you can't change the names of the files, but would it be possible to have some sort of method of sorting the links to the zips?

ALLIED VEHICLES

M26 Pershing

M3 Stuart

M4

M4A2

M4A3

M5 Stuart

M5 Halftrack

or somefink?

Kudos to the CMMOS design and testing team, and you too, Manx. Someday I will have the time to download them all - hopefully starting with Tom's winter terrain!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WineCape:

Manx,

I suppose we have to download the whole program afresh and install it over the 3.00 version.

No small .exe zip d/l for the version 3.01 enhancements?

Thanks for all the hard work.<hr></blockquote>

Yes you will. The new CMMOS 3.01 executable now contains the Rulesets for the German vehicles (CMMOS has always housed the vast majority of it's definitions within the program itself - Commonwealth, US/FF vehicles, etc.), so if you want German vehicles operating within CMMOS then your gonna have to d/l 3.01.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Heinz 25th PzReg:

Manx,

Can you please make one monster file with all the CMMOS mods in it? Those of us with broadband access would really appreciate it!

smile.gif

Heinz<hr></blockquote>

I'll see what Matt thinks.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I guess it's too late to chime in on the naming convention of the files, since we all had a say in that a couple of months ago. But looking at your listing, all I see is

GEM

GEM

GEM

GEM

GEM

GEM

GEM

Then I look a bit to the right hoping to find the name of the vehicle being modded, and all I see is

camo

camo

camo

camo

camo

camo

And then you look a bit more to the right and you see the name of a vehicle - and look down to read the next one and there again is

camo

camo

camo

camo

I know you can't change the names of the files, but would it be possible to have some sort of method of sorting the links to the zips?

ALLIED VEHICLES

M26 Pershing

M3 Stuart

M4

M4A2

M4A3

M5 Stuart

M5 Halftrack

or somefink?

<hr></blockquote>

We'll work something out -- everything on CMHQ is currently in a stage on transition. Things will get more organised and hopefully easier for everyone to find what they want.

Gordon,

OK, now I'm confused...I'm still using CMMOS 2.0, and it supported the German tanks and halftracks mods (which I already had) just fine. It seems they are the same mods as for v3.01; are the mod files different somehow (e.g. different names), or am I missing something?

- Do I need to re-download all those German mods?

- Do I need to uninstall v2.0 before installing v3.01?

- Can I skip v3.00 alltogether?

Thanks!

Voidhawk,

It all depends on what you want to do. The German Tanks and Halftrack RuleSets that are out there (I believe) allow you to choose from various different versions of the different vehicles from various (I almost said different) modders. In that respect, they are more like the upcoming terrain RuleSets which will allow you to pick and choose various terrain types from many different mod authors.

The German Vehicles RuleSet will ultimately allow you to select camouflage styles and unit markings across the entire range of German vehicles supported. For instance, want all your vehicles to belong to the 9th Pz Div sporting a mix of Dunkel Gelb, tri-color and ambush paint jobs? Or maybe you want all your vehicles to be hastily camouflaged and belonging to the 12th SS? That's what the German Vehicles RuleSet does.

So, since the RuleSets are providing different functionality, they will unfortunately have different naming conventions.

You can go from v2.00 directly to v3.02.

You don't need to uninstall anything.

Gordon

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Gordon ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Heinz 25th PzReg:

Manx,

Can you please make one monster file with all the CMMOS mods in it? Those of us with broadband access would really appreciate it!

smile.gif

Heinz<hr></blockquote>

Yes! Yes. Please - One Big file!!! Much easier for broadband.

thanks!

:D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Manx:

Is now released and ready to grab at CMHQ. Highlights? - Adds the long awaited Axis AFV's to the CMMOS arsenal!

Also, 26 German vehicles mods + Mine Warning Signs!!! smile.gif

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Manx ]<hr></blockquote>

Thanks, This really moves the CMMOS up another notch.

Question: I noticed that some bmp files, particularly the Stug III/IV are not included, yet the option for various Stug mods shows up in the CMMOS selector screen. Will this and other "unsupported" options be available in the future or did I miss something ?

Cheers,

Stingray

:cool: