Tweak CMBO after CMBB?

I can't believe how often I still play CMBO nowadays. I mean the game is old! I love it though. I just got done reading about the new MG effectiveness in the upcomming CMBB. It really highlights the MG "bug" in CMBO. I wonder if there is any chance that, after CMBB is finished and released, BTS could maybe backtrack and fix the MG's in CMBO for all of us western front fans. I am not sure if this is even possible but it would be nice.

Heh heh. That would be SOooooooo AWESOME!!

Ain't gonna happen though. smile.gif

IF they did that, soon we'd be wanting them to tweak EVERYthing that is new about CM:BB and put it into CM:BO. smile.gif

It IS a nice dream though. Aaaaahhhhhh. smile.gif

Gpig

Too many smilies?

My perfectly uncontaminated by actual facts opinion is that any vacation would not be until the thousands of eager customers finish the first wave of digging through the game with a fine tooth comb.

My wish for the BFC crew is that they make enough money from this franchise that they can afford to continue it in comfort.

Moreover that they are each able to buy something completely impractical but that they have always wanted but couldn't before. Big screen TV's, hair implants in unusual places, cars, homes on waterfront property, uniforms or other various collectibles, cheeses of the world, moonpies...whatever they want.

As has been mentioned here numerous times and I believe it remains true, there will be no backwards patch for CM:BO as the next big project will involve the engine re-write. I am willing to speculate that the next step is somewhat dependent on the success of CM:BB and how much flexibility this hopefully huge pool of funds allows them.

We'll just have to see what happens in the months after the September release.

BDH

Originally posted by barrold713:

Moreover that they are each able to buy something completely impractical but that they have always wanted but couldn't before. Big screen TV's, hair implants in unusual places, cars, homes on waterfront property, uniforms or other various collectibles, cheeses of the world, moonpies...whatever they want.

BDH

C'mon BDH a list like this for the Guys at BTS/BFC ???

I hardly think so...

More like it would be

Tiger I, King Tiger, T-34, Panther, the COMPLETE order of small arms for each army, Every Sherman model...

Well you get my drift

Hey! I distinctly although obtusely mentioned "uniforms and various collectibles" in the list.

Besides, man can not live on heavy metal alone. The desired balance in this guns or butter equation is left to the individual of course. I am just hoping they all have a Monty Burns size vault of cash and are able to have money fights with their own version of a Smithers.

BDH

Yeah i would love fixes for CMBO. I'm probobly not going to get CMBB until they have the full replay of battle in it (the only real real real reason i want cmbb as i'm not a fan of the russian-german battles as apposed to cmbo..)

Originally posted by Lanzfeld:

I wonder if there is any chance that, after CMBB is finished and released, BTS could maybe backtrack and fix the MG's in CMBO for all of us western front fans. I am not sure if this is even possible but it would be nice.

As others have stated, it isn't going to happen. Note that the changes to MG effectiveness in CMBB are more than just an adjustment to the MGs themselves. There were also changes to the speed and cover given to units using the "fast" order, and these changes necessitated the introduction of some completely new orders. In short, retrofitting the CMBB changes to CMBO would be a major project in itself. It would be far more cost effective to simply start over from scratch with a new engine, which is what they will do eventually.

Originally posted by Elvis:

The Wstern Front will not b revisted until after the new engine has been around..probably CM5 or 6.

It may happen sooner. In an interview a while back Steve said they are considering doing a CMBB/CMBO combined remake with the new engine for CM 4 or 5. By the time CM 6 rolls around I want to see a modern warfare CM smile.gif

Fix CMBO into CMBB standards ? You must be joking ? Why ? So you'd get to fiddle with the puny Shermans? I'd say upgrading an old game doesn't make much sense, better put off those working hours into designing a completely new engine than do a re-run of old.

And as for the West-East argument I must say that definately the East is more interesting. The Soviet Union was the most powerful component of the Allies. Man, were there some bloody battles to be fought there. Kursk, Stalingrad, Moscow, Kharkov...The list is endless, as was the list for German casualties caused by SU. In my knowledge some 2/3 of all German troops fought in the East. A pretty abstracted figure, but still. The Eastern Front provides for much more rich environment to place the next CM saga than any other front there was.

And I must say that I'm waiting for those Russian tanks. Shermans are NOTHING ;) in comparison with the Russian equipment. No more Mr. Nice Guy here, enter the hordes JS-2's and T-34/85's. The Panzers will have it rough once I'll get my copy of CMBB !

Being a Finn, it is a most welcome prospect that I may command Finnish troops aswell !

Elo tää juoksuhaudoissa on/ meille ehtona tään kohtalon... :D

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

And I must say that I'm waiting for those Russian tanks. Shermans are NOTHING ;) in comparison with the Russian equipment. No more Mr. Nice Guy here, enter the hordes JS-2's and T-34/85's. The Panzers will have it rough once I'll get my copy of CMBB !

Anyone that thinks that the T34/85 is going to be a wonder weapon is in for a big surprise. Leaving aside that CM will not model its substandard reliability, its rate of fire should be nothing to write home about (even though a three man turret, it was still cramped), armor is not all that thick by late war standards (worse than the Shermans, especially the uparmored varients), some sources say it had low armor quality, the penetration of the 85mm is less than that of the U.S. 76mm. What it has going for it are mobility and small size. Don't expect it to go toe to toe with panthers, and it should be inferior (when used in even numbers) to the MarkIV.

[ July 18, 2002, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Marlow ]

I fully intend to play both! CMBO is as it is now, and always will be, a classic game amongst wargames. So, why take it off your HD? Not enough disk space -- then get a bigger HD tight arse! Like a comfortable pair of old, smelly, worn shoes, CMBO "fits" very nicely thank you.

LONG LIVE CMBO!!!

[ July 18, 2002, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Manx ]