What the **** is Peng?

Originally posted by klapton:

The peng thread is useful because it keeps the other threads free of scum.

Peng is for those who, for some reason, find talking more attractive than action. It is not for me to suggest that it may be because they simply choose to do things in which they are good at (or better than in the alternative ;) )

It is perfectly natural. In all armies there are officers who are more suited to distributing supplies, organizing parades and other rear area activities. We do need all kinds of people smile.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Peng challenge is more or less the sum of its parts (but not those parts):

25% Vivacious charm (The Ladies of course)

19% Gormenghast **

18% Mornington Crescent

16% Python (one of the sillier episodes) ****

10% Abusive name calling that you haven’t used since school

9% Philosophical rambling

8% b......../b

5% Genuine wit

4% empty space (or Panzer Leader as he likes to be known)

3% Cross-dressing (not that there’s anything wrong with that)

** The first 2 books anyway, but then who’s read the 3rd.

**** On Saturday nights this sometimes morphs into an episode of ‘Are You Being Served?’.

I must commend this thread for revealing a few more lackwits and ninnys amongst the membership. The Dark Fires always need fuel. Now if we could just tempt a few genuine morons in that would be excellent – they always burn nice and slowly.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Did you know that even asking that question is grounds for execution in 112-no wait, 113-countries? Congratulations East Timor!

You Poolers and your feckless threats. I've been sentenced to death by the best of you and I'm still kicking.</font>

Originally posted by klapton:

The peng thread is useful because it keeps the other threads free of scum.

Ah yes! The Peng thread is the "sacrificial anode" of the Battlefront Forum. It has to be replaced every so often with a new thread when the old one is so rotten it affects the performance of the board.

No smiley's please - or is that permitted now?

smile.gif

[ November 07, 2002, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Sitting Duck ]

Didn't I do this once this week already?

"What is Peng?"..a question for the ages.

Peng is the Dying Whore of the BFC forum...it was the first rallying cry of the lost and naked but now has simply become a place of shadow and ashes.

The Great Spirit committed the Sin of Onan in a fit of drunken rage and frustration because the Earth Mother was too busy falling in love with the Moon...

From that wasted seed sprung forth in the frosty mists a circle of black toadstools..from the energy of the Great Spirits Essence a hole was torn in time and space..one end in the Garden of the Gods and the other here at the BFC Forum.

When first discovered the Peng Thread was a holy place where the lost and bewildered non-Grogs could come and trade vibrant ideas and prose. In short in the High School of the forum the Peng Thread became the Bad Girls Smoking Bathroom...

But those days waned in the time it takes a virgin to laugh as the brilliant lights, often rebelious by their nature, moved on. Taking the Light of Peng with them. What remained however was a very shallow pool, tended by lesser lights. Their intention was good and though they did try to keep the spark alive...in the end they are failing.

The Peng Thread has now fallen from It's once divine ideal. It has become a weezing Old Man of the Forum. One can find more spark in Bren Tripod thread now..sad days indeed.

Now the Defenders of that which was once Peng will ralley round and protest...cries of "Well let me tell you.." and "I was there at the beginning Mister" will come but keep in mind these are the pieces that through a simply cruel inflection of natures song have been made in a somewhat baser metal...think "egg timer" instead of "silver bells".

Now my young searcher, you have found the answer you seek..or have you?

The real answer is not "What is Peng" but "Where is Peng" and more importantly does it reside in you...(insert whisper of the wind here)

Originally posted by The_Capt:

The real answer is not "What is Peng" but "Where is Peng" and more importantly does it reside in you...(insert whisper of the wind here)

Inside in me? I wouldn't like that at all...

[bangs heavy flanks against the paddock fence]

Peng, Peng, come out...

[bang, bang]

Yeknod

[ November 08, 2002, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Thank you you for all your enlightening answers. :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's easy: the secret intelligentsia of this forum meets there, they taunt each other as hard as they can, and PBEM each other a lot. You'll find serfs, squires, kaniggets and Mace there. all other people are scum-sucking newbies (SSN). This thread is unique on the www (hopefully). The first installment of the thread had 120 pages, you may find it at lindan.panzershark.com , under "weird threads". As long as there is the cesspool (a synonym for the "PENG challenge thread" AKA the "Mother Beautiful Thread"(MBT)) the star of CM shines.This is the shortest possible answer I could invent. Sorry, I'm drunk.

your worthless,

Lindan (honorary warden of the original MBT)

[edited for forgetting some nonsensical statements in the first run]

[ November 08, 2002, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: Lindan ]

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The_Capt:

Reside in me? I wouldn't like that at all...

[bangs heavy flanks against the paddock fence]

Peng, Peng, come out...

[bang, bang]

Yeknod</font>

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

I've been posting here since July & one thing bugs me: What the **** is a Peng Challenge ? Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Would someone be kind enough to explain it to me.

Thank you.

If that is the one thing that bugs you then you are remarkably bug-free for someone whom has been here since July.

Pay no attention to the other slack-ass posterboys and cheeseeating surrender refresh monkies, They have it ALL WRONG. I am not an actual person or thing even. Nor am I a concept, an event or idea. I am not a way of life or a thread or a sum of any parts nor am I a hole (nor am I an a-hole though there are some who may dispute this)

I am in fact a not fact pod. I do what I do not please because there is nothing that pleases me except for drinking and at this juncture there are some who say that I should stop. I will not of course because then I would no longer be Peng but a thing other than Peng and how could I then be what I am not?

Peng is as Peng does and Once a Peng always a Peng and The Peng is always meaner on the other side of the Fent (singular for fents). I Peng you Peng he she it Pengs We Peng You Peng They Peng. I Peng I have Penged I have been Penged I will Peng.

We are the Keepers of the Sacred Words "Ni Peng!" and "Ni Wum!"

Have you had your Peng today? All your Peng are belong to us! Someone Peng us up the Bomb.

I can Peng it you can Peng it she can Peng it, can you Peng it baby? Peng to the Music!

If I were a Pengman, pengypengypengy pengy pum! All day long I'd Pengypengypum If I were a Pengy Man!

There are some who call me Peng, and they are correct in bestowing upong me this appellation For I am indeed Peng. However, there is nothing quite so special aboot being Me. I am not the most clever lad on the board. No, I would suspect that the clever award goes to one of those hidieous bastards like Slapdragon - that fecking swine can out-clever a goddam weasle with both neurons tied behind his ears. Nor am I the meanest. That would have to go to our fine freind Sir Echo. Please DO NOT try to take his guns away from him or there is likely to be another blood bath. I am not also the hardest working on the board, nor the most prodigious poster nor the handsomest (although I suspect I come in ranked at aboot number 5 for that particular honor). No I am not the "est" in any particular category. However, there are some who find that I am worthy of a game and able to hold my own in a battle of wits.

Now you know far more than anyone needs or cares to know aboot me. So, to paraphrase an earlier poster, Just what the freak is a goddam "MrRobMurry?"

Thus thraid as noo aboot CM an' as a complete an' utter waste o' bandwidth! An' ye knoo hoo precious bandwidth as, eh? SHUT UP HIRAM yoo bastarrrd, Ah'm feckin' talkin' here Jimmy! Ah were sayin' tha bandwidth as precious an' noo tae bae squandered on useless shtyupid thraids tha hae nuthin' tae di' aboot CM, eh? SPILLAGE!! Tha's noo hoo ye mak porridge mon! Ah've bin here since aboot May '00, refraish monkeys' willin', an' Ah still didnae knoo why festerin' sharpshooters can ainly carry 10 bullets aintae battle! Can ye taill mae tha', eh? Inquirin' minds want tae knoo why a sharpshooter as sae feckin' feeble tha hae cannae carry more than 10 roonds aintae battle. Noo tha's an important kweshchun.

Okay, ye kin lock thas bairn oop noo....

9 out of 10 doctors surveyed stated that they recommended The Peng Challenge Thread for their patients who chewed gum, because after all, it's kid-tested and mother-approved, and always gets that Wascawwy Wabbit, or at least plays one on TV.

Here, have a Lifesaver.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rob Murray:

I've been posting here since July & one thing bugs me: What the **** is a Peng Challenge ? Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Would someone be kind enough to explain it to me.

Thank you.

If that is the one thing that bugs you then you are remarkably bug-free for someone whom has been here since July.

Pay no attention to the other slack-ass posterboys and cheeseeating surrender refresh monkies, They have it ALL WRONG. I am not an actual person or thing even. Nor am I a concept, an event or idea. I am not a way of life or a thread or a sum of any parts nor am I a hole (nor am I an a-hole though there are some who may dispute this)

I am in fact a not fact pod. I do what I do not please because there is nothing that pleases me except for drinking and at this juncture there are some who say that I should stop. I will not of course because then I would no longer be Peng but a thing other than Peng and how could I then be what I am not?

Peng is as Peng does and Once a Peng always a Peng and The Peng is always meaner on the other side of the Fent (singular for fents). I Peng you Peng he she it Pengs We Peng You Peng They Peng. I Peng I have Penged I have been Penged I will Peng.

We are the Keepers of the Sacred Words "Ni Peng!" and "Ni Wum!"

Have you had your Peng today? All your Peng are belong to us! Someone Peng us up the Bomb.

I can Peng it you can Peng it she can Peng it, can you Peng it baby? Peng to the Music!

If I were a Pengman, pengypengypengy pengy pum! All day long I'd Pengypengypum If I were a Pengy Man!

There are some who call me Peng, and they are correct in bestowing upong me this appellation For I am indeed Peng. However, there is nothing quite so special aboot being Me. I am not the most clever lad on the board. No, I would suspect that the clever award goes to one of those hidieous bastards like Slapdragon - that fecking swine can out-clever a goddam weasle with both neurons tied behind his ears. Nor am I the meanest. That would have to go to our fine freind Sir Echo. Please DO NOT try to take his guns away from him or there is likely to be another blood bath. I am not also the hardest working on the board, nor the most prodigious poster nor the handsomest (although I suspect I come in ranked at aboot number 5 for that particular honor). No I am not the "est" in any particular category. However, there are some who find that I am worthy of a game and able to hold my own in a battle of wits.

Now you know far more than anyone needs or cares to know aboot me. So, to paraphrase an earlier poster, Just what the freak is a goddam "MrRobMurry?"</font>