Wild Bill's Rumblings of War [Part III]

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redeker:

Holien, check your mailbox. ;) [/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Thxs Redeker. I was going to log on last night and finish the set up for Combined Arms but I have a similar problem to you.

We have a 300 yr old house which is at the moment like a building site as we are having a few things modded. The last two nights the boiler has played up and I have had fun and games trying to get some heat into the house.

I have set aside tonight to get some CM in and if all goes to plan will send AAR's back to you.

Considering the fun of this Tourney I would love to get in on another one if the house and partner will allow me.

Right now back to work and building up savings to pay for my building site.

H

bump.

And also to note that JP and I have finished our bloodbath in such spectacular fashion that the AI couldn't take the carnage anymore, and forced us both into a ceasefire. Weird. Gruesome.

Other game against Pixel has only the last turn to play. My orders are in, and I just await the final result. Then finish the AAR and "CLEAR!" I'm done smile.gif:(

Wheeee! I'm done! Thank goodness. The results weren't as good as I hoped going into the tourney, but overall I have to say they were ... balanaced!! Can't ask for fairer than that I suppose ;)

JonS

PS: TB155 - could I start getting copies of the spreadsheet, etc? Thanks.

PPS: Guys who've finished - when does that PTSD set in again?

All my battles are finished and my nerves were in tatters for quite a while. I took a couple of weeks to get the nerves back to working order before starting work on the AAR's. I have completed 2 AAR's and am now working on the 3rd (Sounds in the Night) but re-living the experience is causing me sleepless nights and nightmares. Holien, after writing the AAR to turn 8 i had to quit and go hug the wife for a while. She thinks i am being romantic, if only she knew !

I am not sure if i can finsh all 7 AAR's before the deadline but i will try.

This tourney has been the greatest CM experience i have had since owning the Game. I will certainly be in line for the next one, either CMBO or CMBB.

All the opponents have been a fine bunch and it has been well managed and run by Treeburst.

Now then, darkness is falling, and soon i must return to the gruesome business of opening the turn 9 movie.....AAarrrrggghh.

CDIC

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JonS:

PPS: Guys who've finished - when does that PTSD set in again?<hr></blockquote>

For me, it started .00001 of a second after I had sent my last e-mail. I've since replayed 1 of the scenarios, started another, and have joined another tourney just to get my fix.

BTW, If any ROW participant wants to replay any of the scenarios let me know. Either side is fine with me.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kingfish:

BTW, If any ROW participant wants to replay any of the scenarios let me know. Either side is fine with me.<hr></blockquote>

That is an offer i cannot refuse, you choose the scenario of your choice and side - then drop me the setup. Lets see if i can beat my original score!

CDIC

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Captitalistdoginchina:

That is an offer i cannot refuse, you choose the scenario of your choice and side - then drop me the setup. Lets see if i can beat my original score!

CDIC<hr></blockquote>

CDIC I am gate crashing but I want a crack at defending in the game we played. It may not be a very balanced game when you know the crack before we start playing but it will be interesting to see how you preform the attack with what you know of the defenders set up.

I will send the file tonight if you agree?

H

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Captitalistdoginchina:

oh man, what am i letting myself in for....Holien, lets do it.

Drop me the setup.

CDIC<hr></blockquote>

Well I hope it will be a lesson in TRP placement and use of arty at night.

;)

H

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Holien,

Did you get my e-mail?<hr></blockquote>

smile.gif

Thxs just read it, sat at work at mo.

I did not realise you had your hands on this? Has it been released?

I will use it to send to CDIC and yes you guessed right.

I guess you have seen the spreadsheet?

Any chance of sending me any of your AAR's? I will send you mine.

;)

IRL The house is a mess and I am trying to Project Manage the Builder, Plumber, Carpenter and Electrician. I am also learning all their trades to check up on what I need to do and what they should be doing.

Last week I was fixing broken boilers and this week I am mainly discovering the joys of bathroom lights and IP ratings.... All in my spare time.

I am trying to fit in some games between all this.

:(

H

Hello all,

I have 2 games left(Group I). One is down to the last ten turns (We Can't Wait) with Bertram and I think we are on turn 5 in Crisis at K with Pixelmaster. Mike we may need an extension for that game, the main reason for it's late start was Ted's sudden departure. I am up for a TCP finish if we have to but I am not sure if we can coord our shedules.

I think that after this Tourney, each participant (and only participants) should put "RoW I" somewhere in there sig. To me we've earned it and should be able to sport this honor. Treeburst, Winecape and of course Wild Bill will be allowed as well (I think they worked harder but I am sure we suffered more). The "RoW I" decoration speaks to the community that these fellows have passed a real tactical test and when we say "do this" or "don't try that" it will have recognized merit.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: The_Capt ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The_Capt:

I think that after this Tourney, each participant (and only participants) should put "RoW I" somewhere in there sig. To me we've earned it and should be able to sport this honor.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: The_Capt ]<hr></blockquote>

Cool idea! What say you all?

The "RoW I" badge in sig is a great idea - I fully support it! How about "RoW I - organizer", "RoW I - section n", "RoW I - finalist", or somefink? Well, maybe plain "RoW I" is best.

I still have three turns of Ranville left with Pixelmaster. He took command at rather chaotic minute, and things did get worse ;)

JPS

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JPS:

I still have three turns of Ranville left with Pixelmaster. He took command at rather chaotic minute, and things did get worse ;)

JPS<hr></blockquote>

Things can get pretty interesting in that scenario depending upon the presence/absence of certain units. ;)

Soon we'll actually be able to talk about these things without beating around the bush!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JPS:

I still have three turns of Ranville left with Pixelmaster. He took command at rather chaotic minute, and things did get worse<hr></blockquote>

They sure did.. and not just in that game

I found out the hard way it really is tough taking over command halfway during a game, especially with such excellent opponents. And Ted started most games quite well, so I can't even blame him :)

But, even though I'm getting my butt kicked in almost every game, I'm having a blast. I'll see if I can arrange something with Warren and Scot (I think we're on turn 13 or something) to finish on time..

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: pixelmaster ]

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: pixelmaster ]</p>