0% exposure?

No, not even w/ demo charges, direct fire 152mm, CMBO battleship arty, you name it (AFAIK). They're supposed to be 3ft. high stone walls. I'm thinking that they are maybe made up of piled rocks, or maybe poured concrete, but I don't know if they would have that in the ETO or Ostfront.

[ December 13, 2002, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]

Originally posted by redwolf:

You get it when enemy infantry is lying behind a wall.

Implying that you don't get it otherwise? Yes, I do- in all sorts of places.

I've *always* wondered what the heck that meant. Obviously it's a good bet that it's a waste of ammo as far as damage, but does it mean you can't even suppress him? Does it mean you can just barely see his pack lying on the ground?

Curious. Unimportant, but curious.

Eden

I was playing a game against the AI and there was an enemy unit in a crater about 120 meters from my Pz III. The targetting line said 0% exposure, but I fired anyway. All of my shots exploded on a small rise about 20 meters in front of the tank.

So it seems like a bug of some sort, since if there is really no LOS, there shouldn't be targeting line.

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

Well... screenshots of these other situations?

Now why on earth would I have a screenshot of the last time this happened??? Like Aka says, it can happen in foxholes, for one. If you'd really like a pic I'll snap it next time around; it's not that rare, really.

Eden</font>

Also yesterday noticed same 0% exposure when enemy squad was in open. Only cover they might have was snow and perhaps hill that gave my tank hull down status. It was infantry next to tank that saw that 0% exposure (I think, could have been that tank too..)

Again it was PBEM game so have it saved..

Anyone know if it is intentionaland what it actually means. Like in my case when enemy was in open and not in foxhole or something.

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

You get it when enemy infantry is lying behind a wall.

Implying that you don't get it otherwise? Yes, I do- in all sorts of places.

I've *always* wondered what the heck that meant. Obviously it's a good bet that it's a waste of ammo as far as damage, but does it mean you can't even suppress him? Does it mean you can just barely see his pack lying on the ground?

Curious. Unimportant, but curious.

Eden</font>

I've seen this numerous times and assumed it was normal. I think it's basically for suppression fire. You can shoot at the target not killing them while you shuffle your other men around. This will result in a 'cautious' status a lot of times in the enemy and they'll keep their heads down because their either pinned or panicked.

I too have come across this from time to time, usually with infantry in cover.

However, in a current PBEM, an entire Russian platoon, charging across steppe in a "human wave" attack, are all indicated as 0% exposure :confused:

This seems fairly unlikely if "exposure" really does mean vulnerabilty, as per the manual.

I have retained the file, if required.