Tigger tossing a grenade?

Tiger_Grenade.gif

Here's an odd one

Tigger chasing a pesky truck and it can't seem to get a clear shot at it running rings around the Tigger (slow turret can't keep up) - Then lo and behold, what appears to be a grenade/mortar shell launches from the Tigger and blows up the truck!!!

Checked it in the movie from different angles and it certaily came from the Tigger, no other units nearby - Is this a rare close quarter weapon ?

Nahverteidigungswaffe

Thanks for the small (long word) lead! Obviously tanks had smoke grenade launchers but I never thought that BTS modelled in the engine the explosive grenade ammo that explodes as a 1m airburst (see animated gif) that's so thoroughly explained at the website linked above.

I'm amazed that after 2 years CMBO still pulls these surprises.

Orinigally posted by Hawkmek

Tigger would never use a grenade. He is too happy and lovable and all he wants to do is bounce around.

You must be mistaken.

There was a post on this 3-4 months back and Madmatt stated that there would be no patches on CMBO to fix the Tigger bug. And from the most recent posts it looks like we will have to wait until the engine re-write to get Tigger modeled correctly. :D

Originally posted by Hawkmek:

Tigger would never use a grenade. He is too happy and lovable and all he wants to do is bounce around.

You must be mistaken.

Serioulsy, that 'Naverwhorlterldiffer' word above is the real thing. It looks made up, but it ain't.

You're absoultely correct, Tigger would NEVER use a grenade! He prefers land mines ....... bouncing betties of course. ;)

B

Wicky, nice gif. Who's grass are you using?
Shall I, sharen't I take the bait - oh well it's Sunday....

A variety called 'Moroccan Heatwave', it's specially cultivated for the Tiggers litter tray.

Please no jokes about poohing bears and glad to hear you liked the 'giffy'.

Ran some tests on the airburst HE grenade from the Tiger in laboratory conditions and funnily enough doesn't seem to inflict casualties on infantry but makes them pooh themselves. ;)

The wonderful thing about Tiggers,

is Tiggers is wonderful things,

Their heads is made of the rolled steel(100+/8 deg.),

Their bodies are made of the springs (interleaved roadwheels)...

They rumble and roar and bumble some more...

it's fun, fun, fun, fun....

But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is.....

You can afford to get only one.

Tigger Tossing is a cruel and outrageous sport.

The Royal Society will be on your doorstep tomorrow to disabuse you of any further activities of this sort! smile.gif

Bah, this reminds me of how a Tigger was able to repel three of my Zook teams trying to close assault from woods with one of those hellish Nahverteidigungeswaffe things.

They suffered a casualty (the grenade was treebursting, additional effect? who knows) and ran, each in turn.