I Challenge Peng for a bone to be thrown

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

HoB

URGENT PSST: Mr Shaw shall be receiving a bill from Iprimus for US$3,576,277.99 being for urgent repairs to servers Australia wide and for cleaning and disinfection of e-mail SPAM from clients PC's caused by today's unsolicited FLOOD of SPAM e-mail referrals!! Telstra bill for an estimated US$10,336,108.69 to follow....

Given the value of the Sth Pacific Lira (marginally above the SP Peso in use here) that should take him about 12'34" to earn - thus redeeming Australia's trade deficeit in one fell swoop.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

If we're talking jewelry, my favorite would be the pearl necklace for my lady.

Be quiet. We all know what you're really talking about, and you no more have a 'lady' than cats have an enlightened sense of morality and selfless public service.</font>

AJ, I hope you do know that admitting to watching that IQ thingy (down bau . . . ah bugger it he ain't around anyway) and Conan are not exactly listing you as the sharpest tack in anyone's box.

And Bard I couldn't give a fat rat's sphincter who she is, she'll die like all the rest. Unless of course she is really Maddmatt posting incognito. That would really piss me off since it would be really wasting my time to read anything by him if it went out to all you lot at te same time and wasn't just addressed to me only. Because I'm way more important than all that you understand.

Grog Dorosh must have watched the 2nd movie 100 times. It took him almost three hours to send back a file. This after a half dozen exchanges in an hour. Final score: Roxy100, Grog Dorosh 0.

Yes, Herr Oberst, Grog Dorosh is now in tears. I don't see why though. After all, he did hold out twice as long as he did in the first game.

Don't fret Grog Dorosh. Here, dry your eyes and I'll let you use my new water-resistant mascara by Loreal. In fact, take it home with you. You may need it after our next game too. Oh, don't worry about it. It didn't cost me much.

Originally posted by Goanna:

AJ, I hope you do know that admitting to watching that IQ thingy (down bau . . . ah bugger it he ain't around anyway) and Conan are not exactly listing you as the sharpest tack in anyone's box.

Oh. I thought Barbarians were way cool, man......

Sir AJ

HoB

.......speaking of which, a little Beowulf prose may be in order...

LO, praise of the prowess of people-kings

of spear-armed Danes, in days long sped,

we have heard, and what honor the athelings won!

Oft Scyld the Scefing from squadroned foes,

from many a tribe, the mead-bench tore,

awing the earls. Since erst he lay

friendless, a foundling, fate repaid him:

for he waxed under welkin, in wealth he throve,

till before him the folk, both far and near,

who house by the whale-path, heard his mandate,

gave him gifts: a good king he!

To him an heir was afterward born,

a son in his halls, whom heaven sent

to favor the folk, feeling their woe

that erst they had lacked an earl for leader

so long a while; the Lord endowed him,

the Wielder of Wonder, with world's renown.

Famed was this Beowulf far flew the boast of him,

son of Scyld, in the Scandian lands.

So becomes it a youth to quit him well

with his father's friends, by fee and gift,

that to aid him, aged, in after days,

come warriors willing, should war draw nigh,

liegemen loyal: by lauded deeds

shall an earl have honor in every clan.

Forth he fared at the fated moment,

sturdy Scyld to the shelter of God.

Then they bore him over to ocean's billow,

loving clansmen, as late he charged them,

while wielded words the winsome Scyld,

the leader beloved who long had ruled....

In the roadstead rocked a ring-dight vessel,

ice-flecked, outbound, atheling's barge:

there laid they down their darling lord

on the breast of the boat, the breaker-of-rings,

by the mast the mighty one. Many a treasure

fetched from far was freighted with him.

No ship have I known so nobly dight

with weapons of war and weeds of battle,

with breastplate and blade: on his bosom lay

a heaped hoard that hence should go

far o'er the flood with him floating away.

No less these loaded the lordly gifts,

thanes' huge treasure, than those had done

who in former time forth had sent him

sole on the seas, a suckling child.

High o'er his head they hoist the standard,

a gold-wove banner; let billows take him,

gave him to ocean. Grave were their spirits,

mournful their mood. No man is able

to say in sooth, no son of the halls,

no hero 'neath heaven, -- who harbored that freight!

Ahhh.... such Nordic passion, to stir thy bereft bosom!!

Sir AJ

HoB

[ August 12, 2002, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Originally posted by dalem:

"...any better than a draw."? Are you kidding me? You had approximately six corps of Elite Winged Hussars and I had a dirty Swiffer and a broken beer bottle, I lay waste to your forces such that even though I don't control any of the flags at the end you still can't even pull off a Marginal Victory, and you think you've accomplished something?

Listen, I realize that to your earless mutt (we know who REALLY does the thinking in that lean-to you call an apartment), four companies of GREEN SS troops, supported, as it were, by three Model-T Fords covered with camo-painted plywood and driven by 80 year olds with cataracts may SEEM like Elite Winged Hussars to your addled Michisota brain, but really -- a brigade of Brit artillery combined with three companies of crack airborne troops IS, in MOST people's hands, a formidable defensive force -- particularly when those Brits occupy large, heavy stone buildings and when the attacker has to cross ground so flat and open that the only thing needed to turn it into a world-class football field are the chalk markings along the sides.

I wasn't going to do this, I swear I wasn't, but honor demands it -- I challenge you - 2000 pt CMBB QB - Me Russkis - You Bad Guys -- 1944 -- remaining parameters to be set when I don't have to worry about the NDA restrictions.

Steve

Oh, fun times in Ye Old BFC Forums.

First we have Senility slapping around Legend in his own mind in the debate over the relative merits of CMBO by stately PBEM, or TCIP (AKA CM for Ritalin addicts). That was very nicely played, but I can’t help but feel a little cheep and used for reading it. Really Seanachai, a little like kicking around the neighbor’s un-housebroken puppy, wasn’t it?

Then we have our resident pool stooge Mikey loose on the board sharing his “wisdom” on all things AI (after all, artificial intelligence is the only type intelligence with which he has any familiarity at all).

The discussion is over a new found bug that lets the AI use smoke for 120mm off board mortars, while humans cannot. Rather than bother checking himself, he misreads a post, and then spouts off at those of us that have:

Originally posted by Dim Bulb:

so 120mm's have smoke for both AI and human players?

In which case it's not the AI that's cheating - it's dumb-f*ck humans who trust to unofficial documents and don't check what's available on their unit actino menu??!!

Then later, after it is clear that he is a moron, and that humans cannot use smoke, he is quick with the “never mind.”

Originally posted by Emily Litella :

BTS please fix or do sumfink!!

As one of the “dumb-f*ck humans,” let me say well done Mike.

Lastly, the identity of our mystery guest:

Roxy = Paula Jones

Originally posted by Roxy:

Yes, Herr Oberst, Grog Dorosh is now in tears.

What did you do to the poor man? Send a picture of youself along with your latest turn?

And why this fascination with telling me about Grog Dorosh? I don't give a hoot how you abuse him. Feel free to fold, spindle, and mutilate him for all I care...

Sheesh Roxy, we all know that while someone might be the groggliest of the grogs, that doesn't mean they can play.

None would argue that Grog Dorosh's knowledge of technical stuff could fill a wide ocean (or perhaps even your jowls), but his tactical skill in CM wouldn't fill Thumbelina's bed pan.

Seanachai slipp'd trippigly 'twixt bee-stung lips:

And, finally, there is the crushing pressure of 'knowing and keeping a secret'. It's very strange for me, because I keep wanting to come into the Peng Challenge Thread and tell people: 'Jesus Christ! Do you know who's posting in the Cesspool?!', and realizing that that is precisely what I cannot do.

I think you're a girl.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Get over it. You should have had a crushing victory and you didn't get one.

I wasn't going to do this, I swear I wasn't, but honor demands it -- I challenge you - 2000 pt CMBB QB - Me Russkis - You Bad Guys -- 1944 -- remaining parameters to be set when I don't have to worry about the NDA restrictions.

Steve

You're on.

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

What did you do to the poor man? Send a picture of youself along with your latest turn?

Herr Oberst, how about you send me a picture of yourself so I can post it on the MBT? You can't expect Roxy to send you her picture when she doesn't even know what you look like.

Persephone

Originally posted by Persephone:

Herr Oberst, how about you send me a picture of yourself?

Persephone

Pictures, pictures... You seem fairly fixated on the pictures right now. One might think that you were tiring of your Olde One and scouting out for a taller, younger, less hairy version...

Originally posted by Roxy:

Since I had a wonderfully delicious day shoplifting

I keep telling you morons, Roxy is Winona Ryder. No doubt about it. Either that or Lisa Minelli portraying her character in that delightful '80's comedy, "Arthur".

It's one or the other.

Or someone else.

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Persephone:

Herr Oberst, how about you send me a picture of yourself?

Persephone

Pictures, pictures... You seem fairly fixated on the pictures right now. One might think that you were tiring of your Olde One and scouting out for a taller, younger, less hairy version...</font>

Speaking of alterations, I know we have at least three Photoshop users. What was your favorite RealLife™ Photoshop job?

I had one where I was doing some photos for a churches centennial celebration. They had this great shot of a warm and friendly priest among the laity that they were just aching to use. One problem: it wasn't their priest. It was some visiting clergy guy.

The solution: Take some photos of the real priest and stick his head on the other guy's body (good thing they all dress alike).

Best of all, I actually got to tell the designer on the project to "bring me the head of the priest."

Lurk

Originally posted by Lurkur:

Speaking of alterations, I know we have at least three Photoshop users. What was your favorite RealLife™ Photoshop job?

This is actually, the easier of the two shots I did. The harder one (which Is on another CD at another location) was a longer shot of the bldg, with a lot more wires. Had to rebuild the whole side and you can't see it, but the wall is textured. Took me about 6 hours.

Fun.

photo4lg.jpg

Oh, and one more thing. In my Gamey-as-You-Wanna-Be match with Sir Harv, I just witnessed one of his Super Pershings put a shell through the front of my King Tiger at a range exceeding 1000m!

I was ready for a "gun damaged" hit or perhaps a lucky flank shot, but it felt immoral and unnatural to see a King Tiger go down like a paltry Pzkw IV, the gamey bastige!

On the other hand, he tried to run a Jumbo Sherman down the barrel of my JagdTiger, hehehe...

Originally posted by Persephone:

You've escaped my piccy desicrating for a long time. I think it's time for you to let the members of the MBT see what you really look like, Colonel Klink.

Persephone

You mean the pic on Lorak's site is a fake?? Ho hum... It's becoming very much aware to me just how Stoopid I can be at times.

Still I'm not alone, Roxy told me that she thought the passport pic posted on that other thread was for real.. nice to know she also has blonde moments. :D

BTW Rox I still think you should go for the red it's so much more sexy, I'll send you a few pics to compare the end results.