I Challenge Peng for a bone to be thrown

Originally posted by Mike:

Guys, guys, guys - remember that this was an Australian IQ challenge?

Well the challenge was to find an Australian with an IQ

I had the choice of the CMBB beta, or the quiz.

I chose the beta, proving I have the highest IQ of the lot.

Mace

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

Guys, guys, guys - remember that this was an Australian IQ challenge?

Mace</font>

Originally posted by Terence:

Your silly rules don't apply to me.

The reason I am infinitely superior to a pustule like you is exquisitely simple.

For me, playing with toy soldiers is enough. I don't need to climb into some fetid virtual treehouse and play Peng Club with the other human refuse.

(Squires.... Snicker snicker snicker. Good lord. Its quite a toy house you kids have....)

I just want to walk by every so often and pee on you.

Consider yourself -- and the rest of the mongolods -- peed on.

The unkempt old man moves quietly to the podium, and stares out with a half-smile over the gathered lackwits

I come before you today, to share this knowledge:

All that is necessary for Idiocy to triumph, is for good men and women to post the same.*

When fools show up with their little grudges against the Thread, the response, my friends, is to ignore them.

Oh, we can wonder at why their sense of righteous indignation has kicked in, or why given that the Peng Challenge Thread isn't going to be dismissed, they still feel the need to show up and protest it. Mostly, we never know. They come in, and are abusive, and clearly angry, but can no more explain themselves than a dog can explain to you why it barks at a bus.

What are the roots of posts like Terence's?

The Ethnocentrist

"I hate your tribe. I do not understand nor approve of your practices."

This Forum is dedicated to Combat Mission, goddamnit. It doesn't matter that I, personally, have never had more than a stale cup of urine to contribute, I will be pissed off and show my teeth to the death over the idea that this Forum shouldn't have to put up with anything that I don't want to participate in, that might be simply for fun, and that irritates me personally.

The Inquisition would not have been possible without informants who felt this way about Jews and Muslims who had embraced Christianity.

The Elitist

"You think you're so special. Well you're not. It's people like Me that are what this Forum is all about. Not you. You people are just a bunch of annoying clowns. I'm what's important. Or, er, at least, what I think is important is what this Forum is all about. It must be, because it's what I think.

Always determined to make sure that the people they know in their hearts should be 'chosen last' in team sports will always be chosen last, and determined to make sure they know why they should be chosen last.

The Disenfranchised

That goddamn Peng Thread is full of arseholes! I went by there and tried to post and everyone gave me a bunch of ****! I don't know why BFC lets that waste of bandwidth go on! You know, all the people who post there are just a bunch of know-nothing ****heads anyways. If they knew anything, they'd be posting on the regular forum. I mean, I'm as incapable of following a joke as the next person, and no one blew me kisses! What the hell's that all about?! Useless bastards.

We feel their pain. They make sure that we feel their pain. They make sure that they're as big a pain as possible, so that we feel their pain. Perhaps if we offered them a lollipop and stroked their hair until the feeling of not belonging went away?

The Reprisalist

People were going on and on about something that really interested me the other day, and one of those arseholes from that Peng thing came in and made a joke. It doesn't matter that half of us was talking out of our bums, I was really into that whole thread, and even the really stupid stuff made me feel connected, and then some guy made a joke about it all. Well if I had that guy here I'd bunch the bastard right in the face. You know, I'm gonna go over to that Peng Thread right now and see how they like it when I post the same dumbass stuff in their thread.

Unfortunately, they cannot salt the earth in the Peng Challenge Thread. And the viritual nature of the Forum doesn't permit them to round up everyone in the village and put them to death. If only the Peng Challenge Thread was like Yugoslavia...

Now, fellow villagers. When someone shows up here, riding crop in hand, with dueling scars on their cheeks and anger in their eyes, and their armband conveniently left at home in order to avoid any questions about their motivation, it is best to just ignore them.

Don't make their day or ours any worse by arguing with them. Smile at them, and offer them a bit of our black, heavy peasant bread, and a swig of vodka.

Once they see that we're harmless, they'll find someone else to suppress.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Once they see that we're harmless, they'll find someone else to suppress.

[strange shuffling from a grim shadow near the back of a shed... or it could be a bush]

Er.. and then we can poke 'im?

Yeknod

[ August 10, 2002, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

</font>

This is a sad day. Too much taunting for the Peng Challenge thread? Too mean for a place where the words 'Sod off git" and "I hate you all" are more common than definite articles? It used to be that nicer than the Peng crew was drier than the sea.

I can only quote your own long-forgotten words back at you and pronounce that you spoke the truth, yea these many moons ago, when you said "the chittering ground squirrels of the Peng Challenge thread have lost their edge."

So they have, utterly.

Or you're all getting laid a lot.

And since I've seen the pictures, that strikes me as rather unlikely.

[ August 10, 2002, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Terence ]

This is a sad day. Too much taunting for the Peng Challenge thread? Too mean for a place where the words 'Sod off git" and "I hate you all" are more common than definite articles? It used to be that nicer than the Peng crew was drier than the sea.

I can only quote your own long-forgotten words back at you and pronounce that you spoke the truth, yea these many moons ago, when you said "the chittering ground squirrels of the Peng Challenge thread have lost their edge."

So they have, utterly.

And since I've seen the pictures, that strikes me as rather unlikely.

Some need the savage tiger, some need chittering ground squirrels (quite like that). Others are reduced by the terror of sparrows. Crawl away, grub.

Yeknod

Grog Dorosh has seen the first movie and sent back a file. The final score: Roxy 100, Grog Dorosh 0. Next!!

Mr Spkr has been sent his setup. I will be assaulting his wretched Fallschirmjaegers with the mighty Free French. Can you say, "VT", Mr Spkr?

Now, fellow villagers. When someone shows up here, riding crop in hand, with dueling scars on their cheeks and anger in their eyes, and their armband conveniently left at home in order to avoid any questions about their motivation, it is best to just ignore them.

But where's the fun in that?

Today I have to report yet another defeat at the hands of they gamey bastiche Buzzsaw. It was close, 88-12, possibly my best score so far. My Death Dudes tried hard but seeing as I forgot to pack the smoke, they were suicidally assaulting into oblivion. Oh well, they went down fighting, well they went down, pretty damn quick it seemed to me!! And I want to know why I had 149 captured!!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

So they have, utterly.

And since I've seen the pictures, that strikes me as rather unlikely.</font>

I told ya. Gone soft. Gits.

Terence, I myself don't mind that you are peeing in the MBT because knowing the diminished capacity of your walnut-sized brainpan for reason, I fully suspect you have either forgotten to drop your drawers first or are directing said stream fully into your own slack-jawed pie hole and grinning all the while.

If I weren't already playing you I'd challenge you to a game. Providing you were hosed off appropriately first, of course.

My dear Hiram,

If you would watch the Home Shopping Network on cable television you would be familiar with roxies. Roxies are small, inexpensive, simulated diamonds glued together with epoxy(a durable corrosive resistant resin) to make a 1.5-2.0 ct, multi-faceted stone of radiant beauty.

I am very fond of roxies. They remind me of me, and I like that. They're fake and they're beautiful, just like me. Also, since they are not expensive I can keep my credit card fraud in the misdemeanor range.

My favorite roxy is a 2 carat marquise, prong set in a 14K yellow gold band. I have earrings to match.

You're welcome, Hiram

The Battle of Dummkopfenburg

Turn 3

The silence was broken by the familiar whistle of mortar shells. The shells plunged into the thicket of pine trees ahead, and, while they probably weren’t inflicting heavy casualties, they effectively sealed off the enemy’s main approach into town, buying valuable time as Tobias Buzzsaw sought to strengthen his position inside the Dummkopfenburg Sledworks.

An enemy tank appeared to the right. It was charging madly towards the Sledworks, firing several wild shots at one of Buzzsaw’s halftracks before disappearing behind a rise. Two other tanks, a Cromwell VII and a Stuart, by the sound of their main guns, appeared near the center of the village, and began shelling some of the positions that the Germans had secured around the village perimeter. The massive 95mm main gun of the Cromwell was taking a toll on the unfortified positions, and Buzzsaw immediately radioed Company HQ to move their tank destroyer into position. The veteran crew of the Hetzer, began maneuvering for a clear shot on the Cromwell.

Buzzsaw had noticed something strange about all three enemy tanks. Their olive colored paint was partially obscured by a black mesh. So the mystery of the fishnet stockings was solved! It was a convenient webbing that could hold branches and leaves for extra camouflage. Oddly, there was no foliage affixed to theses tank – only the black stockings. Perhaps there had not been enough time? Or perhaps …. No, not even Athkatla could be that depraved.

The symphony of combat had opened just as Oberfeldwebel Buzzsaw orchestrated it – with the crash of mortar fire and the screams of his stricken enemies. But Buzzsaw knew who the true maestro of the day would be. The dark robed figure with the scythe for a baton would finish today’s concert. There was one question that burned in Buzzsaw’s mind: Would Death include Tobias’ own dirge in today’s arrangement?

To be continued…

Originally posted by Roxy:

My dear Hiram,

My favorite roxy is a 2 carat marquise, prong set in a 14K yellow gold band. I have earrings to match.

You're welcome, Hiram

Eh? What? Did someone mention carrots? I wouldn't use them as earings... no, no, no yer eat carrots, yer don't wear 'em.

Ladies in Waiting *tsk* *tsk* dressing up in garden vegetables *tsk*

Yeknod

Well the challenge was to find an Australian with an IQ I had the choice of the CMBB beta, or the quiz.

Mace

To quote Peggy Hill, "I'm the smartest hillbilly in Hillbilly town."

[ August 10, 2002, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Originally posted by Roxy:

Roxies are small, inexpensive, simulated diamonds glued together with epoxy(a durable corrosive resistant resin) to make a 1.5-2.0 ct, multi-faceted stone of radiant beauty.

To someone who facets gem stones as a hobby, I have to say that this just makes me feel dirty. And not in the good way either.

Fake diamonds glued toether...brrrrr!

Now I must go shower.