Firefly go boom!

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

They are among my most often chosen vehicles! *hyuk hyuk*

:eek:

I love 'em, too. They are a forced lesson in careful armor movement...one slip and a .50cal or mortar has you for lunch. They're great for getting the '# of guns' ratio in your favor for tank shoot-outs.

Now here's a proper Mard II ambush:

ambush!.jpg

Yeah unfortunately the shared Bitmaps between the wespe, marder III, and 75mm AT gun make it difficult to do anything decent. I hope Kwazydog gets rid of bmp sharing for CMBB but with tons of similiar models I'm fearful that there will be more bmp sharing than ever... ugh.

I've got a new textured marder III, wespe but the gun on the marder III looks funky since I redid my german guns. Need to redo the wheels again too. That's a marder II in the pic above that killed like 4-5 shermans and a number of infantry and support weapons from a flank position. Getting too cocky I got him unfortunately close to a piat near the end of the battle.

I've never seen a marder III take out a firefly before. Usually a tank insta-spots a high profile vehicle like the marders so it helps to use a sniper to button up the enemy tanks first before sending the marder in.

I'd like to see ai tank commanders in CMBB unbutton sometimes after being forced to button, like if they're not fired upon for 2 turns or so maybe and if they haven't taken a casaulty.

-john

Originally posted by Tiger:

I'd like to see ai tank commanders in CMBB unbutton sometimes after being forced to button, like if they're not fired upon for 2 turns or so maybe and if they haven't taken a casaulty.

-john

A few weeks before I asked exactly this question, because especially for the AI, which never unbuttons its AFVs it's a big disadvantage.

BTS replied that the way the AI handles this will be changed in CMBB.

Originally posted by Tiger:

Now here's a proper Mard II ambush:

I've never seen a marder III take out a firefly before. Usually a tank insta-spots a high profile vehicle like the marders so it helps to use a sniper to button up the enemy tanks first before sending the marder in.

-john

Hiya Tiger,

What Marder II mod is that? Its sweet.

I'm surprised that you think that an Allied tank would "insta-spot" a Marder due to its "high profile." I agree w/ the high walls of the Marder, but its silhouette rating in CM:BO is only a 75 or so...its the Nashorn w/ its 110 or so that sucks. Honestly, I haven't used Marders a whole lot- in your exp. do you find that they are spotting more easily than other Low Silhouette rating tanks like the StuG, Hetzer, etc.?