Will the doodads be modable?

Hi,

I believe the answer to both questions is yes. But do not quote me!

I read from Madmatt that the doodads will be modable, and I believe we will be able to have bunkers, of some sort, in the buildings. Madmatt will no doubt confirm one way or the other.

All the best,

Kip.

The doodads are BMPs, and as such can be modded. Not sure myself now about placing bunkers, but at the very least, it will be possible to place them using a little "cheat" that already works in CMBO - in the map editor, place the bunker first, then change the underlying terrain tile.

Originally posted by RCHRD:

If you put a bunker into an undestroyed building, will it survive the collapse of the building. It should, you know.

You can put pillboxes in buildings now in CMBO in the map editor.

When the building is destroyed it reveals the pillbox (I think)

play around with the map editor

First in preview mode place the pillbox (watch carefully where you put it)

go back to the terrain editor and then put a building tile OVER the place where you think the pillbox is.

Now you have a pillbox in a building smile.gif

-tom w

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RCHRD:

If you put a bunker into an undestroyed building, will it survive the collapse of the building. It should, you know.

You can put pillboxes in buildings now in CMBO in the map editor.

When the building is destroyed it reveals the pillbox (I think)

play around with the map editor

First in preview mode place the pillbox (watch carefully where you put it)

go back to the terrain editor and then put a building tile OVER the place where you think the pillbox is.

Now you have a pillbox in a building smile.gif

-tom w</font>

Originally posted by RCHRD:

Are the doodads 3D objects? I'm asking because I think the doodads are what you would use to make that statue in Stalingrad of the children dancing around the crocodile.

i THINK they are like the flame effect in burning forests: just rectangles sticking up out of the ground. probably various sizes and shapes to get the cemetery and rubble effects. and looks cool.

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RCHRD:

That is no suprise considering A] Infantry on the 1st floor survive B] Pilloboxes survive direct 14" hits</font>