Peng Challenges the Abominable Snowman

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Dear Noba

I am in receipt of your proposed match, the title of which is "Tigers and Two Pounders".

I see that you have most graciously taken the Germans and the burden of maneuvering those gigantic clankety beasts across the mapboard.

While I, on the other hand, only have to worry about some tiny peashooters and how best to keep them hidden for thirty turns or so.

"Some" might think that one side may have a slight advantage over the other. "Some" might say that only a fool would play such a one-sided scenario. "Some" might even accuse one of the party's of subterfuge and being of a devious nature.

I laugh at "Some". As the steel beasts rumble away from my forward position, I laugh. As the huge 88mm guns begin to rain fiery sheets of death and destruction completely off the map, I laugh.

Then I see, sitting comfortably in his Mercedes Staff car, with the built in bar, the commander of this awe inspiring force. Bellowing orders, pointing frantically, and drinking heavily.

Yes, it's Noba!

Then I really start laughing.

Ok Boggo, you may be laughing now, but halfway through this, you will be squirming as the Tigers grind their tracks over your foxholes, all the time crying "please mummy, make the BiG UbEr TanKs STop".

Since this is my third try as Germans on this one, I will wipe the dusty floor with your peashooters. We shall then ship them back to Germany and melt them down to become REAL atgs...

Your poor, terrorised British troops will soon be supping on erzatz coffee, and worse, erzatz black bread in the POW cages. Gratefull, I may add, to be captured by my nice German troops and not those Nasty Italians ! (They only serve left-over pasta in their camps)

Noba.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Dear Noba

I am in receipt of your proposed match, the title of which is "Tigers and Two Pounders".

I see that you have most graciously taken the Germans and the burden of maneuvering those gigantic clankety beasts across the mapboard.

While I, on the other hand, only have to worry about some tiny peashooters and how best to keep them hidden for thirty turns or so.

"Some" might think that one side may have a slight advantage over the other. "Some" might say that only a fool would play such a one-sided scenario. "Some" might even accuse one of the party's of subterfuge and being of a devious nature.

I laugh at "Some". As the steel beasts rumble away from my forward position, I laugh. As the huge 88mm guns begin to rain fiery sheets of death and destruction completely off the map, I laugh.

Then I see, sitting comfortably in his Mercedes Staff car, with the built in bar, the commander of this awe inspiring force. Bellowing orders, pointing frantically, and drinking heavily.

Yes, it's Noba!

Ok Boggo, you may be laughing now, but halfway through this, you will be squirming as the Tigers grind their tracks over your foxholes, all the time crying "please mummy, make the BiG UbEr TanKs STop".

Since this is my third try as Germans on this one, I will wipe the dusty floor with your peashooters. We shall then ship them back to Germany and melt them down to become REAL atgs...

Your poor, terrorised British troops will soon be supping on erzatz coffee, and worse, erzatz black bread in the POW cages. Gratefull, I may add, to be captured by my nice German troops and not those Nasty Italians ! (They only serve left-over pasta in their camps)

Noba.

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Dear Noba

Yes, it's Noba!

Noba. </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Dear Noba

Yes, it's Noba!

Noba. </font>

Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

I assume you haven't ran into the *incidenary* rickets yet?

I think you misspelled 'sedentary'. It's well known that if you have rickets you don't get around very well.

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

I assume you haven't ran into the *incidenary* rickets yet?

I think you misspelled 'sedentary'. It's well known that if you have rickets you don't get around very well.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You're Australian, right?

It'll just be another day to you then.

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi! (Ugly little face removed)

KING (CITIZEN OF GOD'S OWN COUNTRY) MACE </font>

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You're Australian, right?

It'll just be another day to you then.

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi! (Ugly little face removed)

KING (CITIZEN OF GOD'S OWN COUNTRY) MACE </font>

O-HI-OH! YO HO! OH-HI-OH! YO-HO! Have they screened "Wizard of Oz" in Little Tasmania yet, Boo?

Kitty

But Kitty, where do you stand on the Auto de fe for The Abomination rune? Remember that we'll likely NEED a winsome leather clad lass to read the verdict and pose by the stake while the wood is being soaked with oil.

We could bring some watermelons and sandwiches, make a day of it. Nothing tastes quite so good as a chicken sandwich while The Abomination rune writhes in the flames you know.

Joe

O-HI-OH! YO HO! OH-HI-OH! YO-HO! Have they screened "Wizard of Oz" in Little Tasmania yet, Boo?

Kitty

But Kitty, where do you stand on the Auto de fe for The Abomination rune? Remember that we'll likely NEED a winsome leather clad lass to read the verdict and pose by the stake while the wood is being soaked with oil.

We could bring some watermelons and sandwiches, make a day of it. Nothing tastes quite so good as a chicken sandwich while The Abomination rune writhes in the flames you know.

Joe

What am I doing up so late?

GAMEY UPDATES

Joe needs to pay more attention to his own flames. He just lost another "minor" unit. Uh, Joe, did I mention that I just got reinforcements?

Noba has fired off the customary two turn volley and disappeared to parts unknown (Australia). The strain of driving those big Tigers has apparently worn him out.

Lars & dalem being drifters and vagabonds cannot be expected to send turns on a Saturday now can they? Resting up for more GF action no doubt.

Lurkur & v42below remain nonset-up sending slackers.

And now, because it's late and that's when everybody get's in trouble, I will add the following:

And even now, the echo of voices, familiar and yet far off. Two voices! One sweet like a perfect harmony, light like the mid-day sun, fresh as a cool breeze. The other, brisk and impatient, exhuding a deep forboding of evil.

As opposite as night and day, and yet somehow sharing a common vow.

So sad for the rest of us.

What am I doing up so late?

GAMEY UPDATES

Joe needs to pay more attention to his own flames. He just lost another "minor" unit. Uh, Joe, did I mention that I just got reinforcements?

Noba has fired off the customary two turn volley and disappeared to parts unknown (Australia). The strain of driving those big Tigers has apparently worn him out.

Lars & dalem being drifters and vagabonds cannot be expected to send turns on a Saturday now can they? Resting up for more GF action no doubt.

Lurkur & v42below remain nonset-up sending slackers.

And now, because it's late and that's when everybody get's in trouble, I will add the following:

And even now, the echo of voices, familiar and yet far off. Two voices! One sweet like a perfect harmony, light like the mid-day sun, fresh as a cool breeze. The other, brisk and impatient, exhuding a deep forboding of evil.

As opposite as night and day, and yet somehow sharing a common vow.

So sad for the rest of us.