MODs on the go, by scenario request

I've often wondered if Modder's would be offended if their MODs were recommended, off the bat, in a scenario briefing.

Having Modded myself I've wondered if other Modders would be happy for me to say in a briefing...

For the best result, Install these MODs...

Well, how about it guys, how do you feel?

Richie

I think you are probably right!

I guess I'm asking whether Modder's would have any objection to designers picking and choosing. With 'Battle For The Reichstag' you can down load my Instant Reichstag Mod.

I'm wondering whether prolific designers such as Juju or Mikey D, 'for example', and others, because there are so many that spend countless hours Modding doing such an excellent job, would have ANY objection to a designer picking and choosing and recommending.

You know, Mods for a Uniform, Mods for buildings, Mods for a specific vehicle, Mods for the time of year, Mods for a theatre of combat... etc.

eg: 'This scenario would be best with....'

(There's so much excellent Modding material out there...)

Richie

Boots and Tracks

In fact, one of the suggestions for McMMM is along this line: being able to have a "set" of Mods specified, so that you can swap them in and out with only one click depending on what scenario you are about to play.

If enough people said "oh, yes please", I'm sure it could be done...

GaJ

I'll will try out McMMM soon, probably tomorrow.

I have one question though (on the subject of Mods):

I recently started using mods to further enhance my CMAK experience, but I have come across files such as: "15240_atf_250-11_na.bmp". If I place these mods in the BMP map, are they used automatically? Or do I need some program?

I wasn't sure because none of the normal bmp's have "_atf" or whatever in them.

Any help? Please?

And it wouldn't hurt to write (politely) to the Mod Author letting them know that your experience with their mod will be so much better if they package it up according to the guidelines posted at CMMODS (in the forum).

(Those guidelines say "don't put stuff into the names of the .bmp files"!)

GaJ.

Originally posted by Richie:

I'm wondering whether prolific designers such as Juju or Mikey D, 'for example', and others, would have ANY objection to a designer picking and choosing and recommending.

No, man, great idea, go ahead!. smile.gif