Australia Gets The Peng Challenge Trifecta

Speedy

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rune:

Yes, Nidan1, it was the Shinano. For the other half of the butter cookie, which submarine sank her, and why did she sink so fast?

Rune

Oh thats easy....The USS Archerfish, and she sank so quickly because they had no damage control systems in place.

This way it is a slow painful death, by butter cookie, it is kind of like reading a post from Joebob about himself, or any post from Seanachai where he searches for a mortal enemy.

Nidan1, you repeated what an Aussie said, and didn't ever bother to correct him. You know, Australia, where mumbling is considered a high art form of communications. Australia, where a bleat from a sheep sends the residents into a mating frenzy. Australia, where their new ship purchase was an LST from WWII. Australia, the only country New Zealand could invade and win, but even they don't want it.

I blame it on your up-bringing to Knighthood. Obviously the *boot* was not applied enought.

Rune

This way it is a slow painful death, by butter cookie, it is kind of like reading a post from Joebob about himself, or any post from Seanachai where he searches for a mortal enemy.

Nidan1, you repeated what an Aussie said, and didn't ever bother to correct him. You know, Australia, where mumbling is considered a high art form of communications. Australia, where a bleat from a sheep sends the residents into a mating frenzy. Australia, where their new ship purchase was an LST from WWII. Australia, the only country New Zealand could invade and win, but even they don't want it.

I blame it on your up-bringing to Knighthood. Obviously the *boot* was not applied enought.

Rune

Now I must protest....to besmirch the teaching qualities of my former Liege Boo Radley is way out of bounds. Now I know he tends to long windedness in the fashion of the Justicar , but after all he is a Junior Justicar .At least he isn't as long winded as Seanachai .

I do remember as a young Squire, feeling the sting of his **BOOT** many times.

As for Aussies...you are right in that case. So I guess we're even.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

Rune

Now I must protest....to besmirch the teaching qualities of my former Liege Boo Radley is way out of bounds. Now I know he tends to long windedness in the fashion of the Justicar , but after all he is a Junior Justicar .At least he isn't as long winded as Seanachai .

I do remember as a young Squire, feeling the sting of his **BOOT** many times.

As for Aussies...you are right in that case. So I guess we're even. </font>

Roight, then! Kudos to all you bastards who spammed my email box while I was on a well deserved vacation.

Whether because MSN was trying to send a message to anyone who allowed 75+ emails to accumulate in their box, or because I'd accessed them originally from a remote location (although they were all left on the Server for later retrieval from home), or simply because MSN was getting into the jolly intent of it all, I had to force the delivery of every email. I've spent several hours hitting the 'retrieve all emails button', which usually resulted in either: 1) Nothing, or 2) One to four emails being downloaded, or 3) More nothing.

I think I've got them all, now.

You are all low, uncultured fornicators of swine. Special hugs and kisses to Rune and Noba for painfully large and utterly worthless file attachments that brought both myself and the mail delivery system to tears.

I've made a list of everyone who participated in this merry jape. Believe me when I say that you are constantly in my thoughts. I do not believe in letting the worthy receive their reward in Heaven. I will make sure you get yours in this Life.

Originally posted by Patchy:

Gnomey....This is very strange.....The guy at my work that looks like a gnome (but is much taller) was in the lunch room reading a Terry Pratchett book! That was kind of eery! Do all Gnomes read Terry Pratchett?

Every being worthy of our respect reads Terry Pratchett.

Trust no one who isn't a fan of the Discworld.

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

Naval gunfire comes from a ship, NOT a boat. Bah! back to grog school for you, may I suggest enrolling in the Emry's 100 Steps to Grogdom?

What about the deck gun on a submarine?

Emrys, raise tuition rates on this one. </font>

3. The jury is still out on Mister Emry's knowledge of things naval...

Rune

Michael Emrys knows everything. Pity he's such a daft bastard.

Still, he has entered into Our Mythology. And only idjit tribal Monotheists insist that their Mythology be regarded as Revealed, Historical Truth.

Hence, Michael Emrys knows everything.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Patchy:

Gnomey....This is very strange.....The guy at my work that looks like a gnome (but is much taller) was in the lunch room reading a Terry Pratchett book! That was kind of eery! Do all Gnomes read Terry Pratchett?

Every being worthy of our respect reads Terry Pratchett.

Trust no one who isn't a fan of the Discworld. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Except how to read for comprehension.

See Emrys, rune said naval gun fire comes from "ships" so I pointed out that it also comes from submarines, which are "boats", not even going into the fact that a "ship" is not really a "ship" unless it has three square rigged masts.

Bugger, I just realized this ceased being a joke and became a learning experience....

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Except how to read for comprehension.

See Emrys, rune said naval gun fire comes from "ships" so I pointed out that it also comes from submarines, which are "boats", not even going into the fact that a "ship" is not really a "ship" unless it has three square rigged masts.

Bugger, I just realized this ceased being a joke and became a learning experience.... </font>

Lars, Lars, Lars

1. In the age of sail mayhaps, but in case you didn't notice, modern warships haven't used sails in the last 100 years. I hadn't realized you were as old as Boo and joebob

2. The modern definition of ship is: A ship usually has sufficient size to carry its own boats, such as lifeboats, dinghies, or runabouts. A rule of thumb saying (though it doesn't always apply) goes: "a boat can fit on a ship, but a ship can't fit on a boat".

3. Again, we were talking about the scenario at Salerno. Show me ANYWHERE that a submarine in the Med gave gunfire support.

4. Even Berli, an ex-jarhead, knows the difference. We are still trying to teach him the correct definition of "SOS".

5. At your earlist convience, please use your GPS to give me your exact co-ordinates. Will see if I can collect on a few old debts and send a harpoon your way, or maybe a Tomahawk if there are any left.

6. Ever notice you never see Emry and Dorosh in the same place. Also notice the same first name. Co-incidence?

Rune

[ October 26, 2004, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: rune ]

Lars, Lars, Lars

6. Ever notice you never see Emry and Dorosh in the same place. Also notice the same first name. Co-incidence?

Rune

Envy us because we have two names will you.....

"Michael" is actually a title, not a name. It's used by a privileged few.

Some day, you may be known as Michael Rune. Perhaps.

5. At your earlist confience, please use your GPS to give me your exact co-ordinates. Will see if I can collect on a few old debts and send a harpoon your way, or maybe a Tomahawk if there are any left.

Lat 44D 59', Long 93D 14'

Correct 30 miles west or you'll hit Seanachai's house.

Or not.