Visions...Theoretically Confined...Screw Philosphy, What About My PBEM?!

Truth be told, I'm almost completely insane. But I'm hearing some very disturbing things. I'm hearing remarks about PBEM going the way of the dinosaurs. I'm after hearing people that aren't complete idjits tell me that BFC is talking about tossing off the ability to play PBEM games like it was something as inane as having a preference for the colour 'blue'.

I'm still on a dial-up. This game is my one, single link to a wider world of complete, fecking, bloody tossers.

Will CM Bloody Whatever ignore my need to play the game against my so-called 'peers'?

If so, why would I bother? Having suckered me into a horrible dependence on playing games against other human beings, why would I ever buy a game that took that away?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hurt look

All I want is to be reassured that I'm completely insane, GreenAsJade!

It ill behooves a man of my stature to have to contemplate being 'almost' completely insane.

I want to be told that there is no bloody way in the freaking Universe that PBEM will go away in CMX2, or made completely obsolescent.

Now, be a good Grog, and either tell me that there's no way that PBEM will be undoable in CMX2, or give us a kiss!

And Rleete, you East Coast bunny fondler, go to the Thread of threads, where I may abuse you in the way that you so truly deserve, or bugger off.

completley insane?????????????????

there is no such thing the only way you could be totaly insane is if you had absolutley no bearing on reality in which case pbem would seem more like a brand of cigerattes or turnip juice....................................................................................................................................................................... .. .. . . ..... . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. ..... . . . . .. . . . . . .. . ... .. ..... . . . . . . . . but if you realy want to know if you are insane go to blackberryhill and see if they let you out. if they do you probably are insane

I just started five simultaneous PBEM games...my first PBEM gaming ever in 5+ years of playing CM. Yea, Row V. Never started one even out of curiosity until a week ago.

Nice in it's own peculiar way, but i've got mixed feelings. I crave the instant gratification of TCP/IP. It's like a drug.

Originally posted by roqf77:

but if you realy want to know if you are insane go to blackberryhill and see if they let you out. if they do you probably are insane

I'd like to think I like you, but even a nearly complete nutter like myself is unsure.

Where is Steve? Where is the Grammont?! All I want is to be told that I'm insane! I want the BFC equivalent of thorazine, godsdammit!

I want to be told that even my most inane and ridiculous fears about a lack of PBEM are meaningless. Nothing. Idiocy. I'm used to being told that I'm a meaningless nothing idiot. But I insist on being told by those in authority!

This is America, 2005! I insist on being dismissed by the Very Highest Authority. And I don't mean Dick Cheney! I want to be dismissed by an authority I can get behind.

I'm not asking that much. I just want to have all my fears dismissed.

Isn't that what Homeland Security is all about?!

I can't give you an official diagnosis of insanity as only BFC can, but the last word on PBEM was something like:

"We plan to have it in there if at all possible"

Which means unless some vital technical issue makes it totally impossible, it will be in.

So you might have to be content with near insanity for a few months more.

Originally posted by JonS:

There must be PBEM, otherwise the terrorists win!

Exactly!

attempts to touch nose, and nearly puts out an eye...

Just what I'm saying!

blearily looks at the vast body of complete idjits that make up the internet community

I'm just after saying!

Where would an utter idjit like myself be, if he couldn't play PBEM against the CM community, eh?

knowing look, somewhat marred by over-balancing and knocking the wine glass into the keyboard...

I'm just saying!

I was saying something, wasn't I?

Originally posted by Hoolaman:

I can't give you an official diagnosis of insanity as only BFC can, but the last word on PBEM was something like:

"We plan to have it in there if at all possible"

Which means unless some vital technical issue makes it totally impossible, it will be in.

So you might have to be content with near insanity for a few months more.

Here, who's this idjit?!

I'm not sure I like the cut of his jibe...gibbet...I'm not sure we're on the same page!

pleased look

That's right! I'm not sure he's on my page!

puzzlement

What book were we talking about? And who's this Hoolaman bugger?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I want to be told that even my most inane and ridiculous fears about a lack of PBEM are meaningless. Nothing. Idiocy. I'm used to being told that I'm a meaningless nothing idiot. But I insist on being told by those in authority!

You're a meaningless nothing idiot.

Originally posted by Those in Authority:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

You're a meaningless nothing idiot. </font>

Originally posted by Those in Authority:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

You're a meaningless nothing idiot. </font>