Brummbar Blues

Thanks for the update, good to hear you did well. See? Heavy HE delivered directly can do serious damage. You might have been slow firing but he had to hit you will for you getting a nearby miss would do. That gave you an advatage in that he couldn't just hide just out of sight.

Did your opponent try to use his mobility or did he try to outgun you? From how it reads he tried the later, big mistake.

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Thanks for the update, good to hear you did well. See? Heavy HE delivered directly can do serious damage. You might have been slow firing but he had to hit you will for you getting a nearby miss would do. That gave you an advatage in that he couldn't just hide just out of sight.

Did your opponent try to use his mobility or did he try to outgun you? From how it reads he tried the later, big mistake.

Yeah he pretty much stayed where he was - my initial (prep) incindiary rocket attacks messed him up pretty bad - killed one wolverine and immobilized another - destroyed almost all of his mortars and FOs. He probably figured he should keep the healthy ones with the immobilized one.

And that, gentlemen, is why lightly armored, open topped vehicles fell out of favor with armies around the world :D

I suspect that if Der Kuenstler had found himself facing Fireflies or various Sherman models things might have turned out differently. Those Brumbies had pretty much the optimal armored target to fire at. It's like showing up to a knife fight with a poptart only to find out the other guy hasn't eaten for 2 weeks and is a diabetic. Bad choice of weapons for a knife fight under most circumstances, but tht poptart turned out to be a deadly choice for that one instance. However, I would recommend going to the next fight with something a little more potent... like a banana or a pointy stick :D

Steve

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

Also, are we talking frosted or unfrosted poptarts?

Unfrosted poptarts? What kind of cruel joke is that?

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

I would dispute the effectiveness of bananas in battle.

I believe the Three Stooges created over 43 ways to kill a man with nary a thing save a nanner peel.

Also, when fighting with pointy sticks, it should be noted to stay away from a poplar weapon because it breaks at the same force level as human bone. An oak or cherry staff will more often than not win the day.

Anybody that disputes the effectiveness of fruit as a weapon have obviously never seen the British Army documentary about this very subject. I think it production company was Monty something or other. Monty Pylon? Anyway, it was quite detailed and explicite in demonstrating the lethality of such things in hand to hand combat. Very convincing.

Oh, and of course a frosted pop-tart! Any fool that would go into a knife fight with an unfrosted one wouldn't even be worthy of discussion. It is beneath a Rookie Mistake to do that!!

Steve

Anybody that disputes the effectiveness of fruit as a weapon have obviously never seen the British Army documentary about this very subject. I think it production company was Monty something or other. Monty Pylon? Anyway, it was quite detailed and explicite in demonstrating the lethality of such things in hand to hand combat. Very convincing.

Listen to Battlefront. The world has changed. I now only feel safe out at night when carrying around a basket of raspberries. They've saved my life on more than on occasion ;) .

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Oh, and of course a frosted pop-tart! Any fool that would go into a knife fight with an unfrosted one wouldn't even be worthy of discussion. It is beneath a Rookie Mistake to do that!!

Steve

Your memory is tricking you, that was all about pointed sticks.

The Blackadder however clearly outlined why to massacre natives attacking His Britannic Majesty's glorious forces with sharpened mangoes was preferable to going over the top in Flanders fields.

All the best

Andreas