A little cross-site pollination

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Ha, no it wasn't me. Its off the BFC blog this morning. Real-live stuff.

Opps! redface.gif Okay. I went and checked out the blog. I like this one but the other one with the falling bombs makes it look like it's an air game.

My one criticism of the ad is there's no subhead! That text just cries out for HEAD - SUBHEAD - TEXT. The headline is meant to get your attention. The subhead is as much text as you figure most people will bother to read, and the text itself is reserved for those who are interested enough to pay proper attention to the contents.

A good subhead from the text might be "The Ultimate WW2 Tactical Combat Sim" Between the "This time it's war" andthe subhead that's about all anybody needs to know about the game! ;)

My problem with the panther-turreted M10 poster is the disparity between the game art and the screenshots. The screenshots are of pastorial beauty with some equipment wandering through, while the American Panther is bursting out of an urban hell.

Isn't this rather misleading? And perhaps the discerning customer will wonder whether there will be any other inconsistancies between what is claimed and what the game is really about.

Hope I'm wrong, I want this game to be good and popular.

edited to add: agree with Sequoia about the other one looking too much like an air sim.

[ October 05, 2006, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Sivodsi ]

"My problem with the panther-turreted M10 poster..."

You mean the 90mm gun M36 "Jackson" pictured? (though I doubt anyone every really called it the 'Jackson' before the old Tamiya kit came out.) I remember modding one of those for good-old CMBO, maybe one of the first mods I ever did :D