I had a dream...

I've been playing CM ever since 'Beyond Overlord'...but I must admit I had my first CM dream the other night.

A beautiful woman walks into my room. I am playing CM, but I stop and give her my full attention. We talk for a bit, and one thing leads to another. Then, for whatever reason, she abruptly gets annoyed and leaves.

She gets into her car, which strangely enough looks like a Kubelwagen, and starts to drive off. Suddenly I'm standing next to a 25 pounder, and I yell 'Fire!'. Her tiny car immediately blows up, sending her voluptuous body into the air. Bright green text flashes in the sky:

LOWER HULL PENETRATION

KNOCKED OUT!

I cheer and congratulate my crew...

sick, huh?

Originally posted by Overman_XXX:

I've been playing CM ever since 'Beyond Overlord'...but I must admit I had my first CM dream the other night.

A beautiful woman walks into my room. I am playing CM, but I stop and give her my full attention. We talk for a bit, and one thing leads to another. Then, for whatever reason, she abruptly gets annoyed and leaves.

She gets into her car, which strangely enough looks like a Kubelwagen, and starts to drive off. Suddenly I'm standing next to a 25 pounder, and I yell 'Fire!'. Her tiny car immediately blows up, sending her voluptuous body into the air. Bright green text flashes in the sky:

LOWER HULL PENETRATION

KNOCKED OUT!

I cheer and congratulate my crew...

sick, huh?

Yeah.

Any real CM player would know you don't get penetration messages from soft vehicles.

What grass mod did your dream use, anyway?

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by John D Salt:

Any real CM player would know you don't get penetration messages from soft vehicles.

Dreams seldom are logical, you know...

And yes, that IS sick. Unfortunately there is no known treatment for that, but at least as long as you stay busy with CM, you won't be murdering any innocent ladies out there... and welcome.

Some time ago I had a dream in which I was wondering why the houses in CMBB were star shaped. It really looked weird at level 1, y'know, and I was going to complain about it here. Then, last week, I was going through a book of old architecture in Prague, and one of the buildings was star shaped and looked just as weird in photos. I had to think for a second what was reality, what was dream and what was Combat Mission...

[ February 06, 2005, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Sergei ]

@ Salt

(sigh) It was a DREAM. Geez, please don't tell me grognard's dreams come with a rigidly accurate physics model...

@ Simonds

Boyfirend, schmoyfriend...I think she was a dyke!

@ Sergei

Dreams are never logical! No 'treatment', as they are natural manifestations of conscious anxiety, wishes, hopes, and fears.

As for being new to CM...no, Ive been around a long time. Had to change from my former ID (w/over 200 posts) due to the friggin password being lost. I haven't posted in a few years.

@ Talorgan

No, she wanted to play without 'extreme weather effects'...

Good to see you from the CSO forums!

[ February 06, 2005, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Overman_XXX ]

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Ooo. 200 posts. ;)

And a grog's dream does have correct physics - to the extent that it's superior to that in game.

No, a grog's dream (or nightmare) features "perfect" physics, and then the OTHER grogs come in to nag about how flawed it actually is.

@ Sergei

No, a grog's dream (or nightmare) features "perfect" physics, and then the OTHER grogs come in to nag about how flawed it actually is.

Perhaps that's why traditional wargaming will always be a niche, and never financially successful in the popular market. Not that it needs to be, mind you.

Grogs are quite the whining lot. But then again, how else would their games improve and thus flourish?

Originally posted by Overman_XXX:

@ flamingknives

A Baldur's Gate fan, eh?

Nope. Only a vague idea what you're talking about and no idea as to the reference.

re: 200 posts...if you perceive that as a brag, sorry to make you feel threatened. I know the 5000+ post mark means a lot to you, but heh, its not a pissing contest...is it?

Considering the upper limit on this board is in the region of 15000 posts, 'over 200 posts' seems like trying to make a mountain out of a dust pile. But still, it's going to take more even than the waste of time I've spent here for me to start going on about my wet dreams.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

To paraphrase a certain famous psychoanalyst, sometimes a 25 pdr gun tube is just a 25 pdr gun tube. Nothing at all Freudian about that dream. Not one little bit!

Yeah, right....

Beautiful wo-man, gets irritated after standing by for a while, 25prd gun TUBE, l.o.w.e.r h.u.l.l. PENETRATION, knocked out.

Are you sure the wife/girlfriend/significant other was not sending subliminal messages ? :D