shooting prisoners

I've never had a situation where surrendered troops suddenly "unsurrender" and open fire on my men. Never. In every case they have been unarmed and even when they get close enough to a command unit to "unsurrender", they've remained unarmed.

I just take them and walk them towards the back of the battlefield. If I have a crewman sitting around doing nothing, I aim them in his direction.

Never had a problem.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kobal2:

Uh ? I thought prisonners were unarmed whenever they surrendered ?

I just had a crazy turn sent to me about 10 minutes ago where a SPW 251/1 drove up and over a Maxim crew that was just setting up. The crew is captured but less than two seconds later is uncaptured by my Universal Carrier that was sitting right there. And thankfully the crew still had the MG. I'd have been really POed if I'd lost that MG before it even fired a shot.

Originally posted by Kobal2:

Uh ? I thought prisonners were unarmed whenever they surrendered ?

I just had a crazy turn sent to me about 10 minutes ago where a SPW 251/1 drove up and over a Maxim crew that was just setting up. The crew is captured but less than two seconds later is uncaptured by my Universal Carrier that was sitting right there. And thankfully the crew still had the MG. I'd have been really POed if I'd lost that MG before it even fired a shot.

Originally posted by With Clusters:

So now we have a couple bits of annecdotal evidence that MG units retain their weapon after surrendering, and can fire it again if they 'un-surrender'. Is this really the case? What about other kinds of units?

Perhaps it depends on how long they've been captured for. Just recently I had a MG get captured and about 10 turns later I ended up rescuing them. They were unarmed. In my above post the MG crew had only been captured for 1 second or so. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Originally posted by With Clusters:

So now we have a couple bits of annecdotal evidence that MG units retain their weapon after surrendering, and can fire it again if they 'un-surrender'. Is this really the case? What about other kinds of units?

Perhaps it depends on how long they've been captured for. Just recently I had a MG get captured and about 10 turns later I ended up rescuing them. They were unarmed. In my above post the MG crew had only been captured for 1 second or so. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

You mean to tell me there's *no-way* an AP round from something like an 88 can go through one light armored vehicle and hit another one in CM? I'm disappointed to hear that. Doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to model... and such happenings were not unknown in Real Life, I believe?

You mean to tell me there's *no-way* an AP round from something like an 88 can go through one light armored vehicle and hit another one in CM? I'm disappointed to hear that. Doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to model... and such happenings were not unknown in Real Life, I believe?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flamingknives:

If you set off a sufficently large brew-up, the explosion is often sufficient to take out nearby light vehicles.

Yeah, in a game I was playing a few months ago, my StuH42 took out two M-10s that were side by side with one shot.

My opponent was not amused. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

If you set off a sufficently large brew-up, the explosion is often sufficient to take out nearby light vehicles.

Yeah, in a game I was playing a few months ago, my StuH42 took out two M-10s that were side by side with one shot.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Not long ago I was playing a scenario where I commanded an American defense in Noville shortly after the Battle of the Bulge began. Long story short the Germans ran right over us and it turned into a massive route. At one point one of my squads was cut off and surrounded by tanks so they surrendered. Not too long later they took of running towards my lines. Unsurrendered as you all call it. so yes I have seen this occur. The squad was fired upon by the Germans but made it and joined up with one of my company HQ's.

They were all killed less than five turns later but that's another story.

Not long ago I was playing a scenario where I commanded an American defense in Noville shortly after the Battle of the Bulge began. Long story short the Germans ran right over us and it turned into a massive route. At one point one of my squads was cut off and surrounded by tanks so they surrendered. Not too long later they took of running towards my lines. Unsurrendered as you all call it. so yes I have seen this occur. The squad was fired upon by the Germans but made it and joined up with one of my company HQ's.

They were all killed less than five turns later but that's another story.

I've been dying to tell this story for years.

I downloaded the first CMBO Demo and played the scenario with the tanks. One of my (American) squads got around those trees to the right pretty quickly and caught a German squad off guard, while pretty much on the run. They cut the Germans down as they advanced.

The last German stands up and raises his hands. I swear he said surrender in German, and one of the Americans shot him. It was a single shot, and down went the German. I've always wondered if that was an easter egg in the demo or what? Never had a similar type of incident since then.

That demo was life altering!

I've been dying to tell this story for years.

I downloaded the first CMBO Demo and played the scenario with the tanks. One of my (American) squads got around those trees to the right pretty quickly and caught a German squad off guard, while pretty much on the run. They cut the Germans down as they advanced.

The last German stands up and raises his hands. I swear he said surrender in German, and one of the Americans shot him. It was a single shot, and down went the German. I've always wondered if that was an easter egg in the demo or what? Never had a similar type of incident since then.

That demo was life altering!

I played a desert battle (night) in CMAK as germans and my men in a trench surrendered to enemy tanks and infantry. But I had men hiding in brush in front of the trench. When my opponent walked my guys off the board they walked right into my hidden guys and I got them back under control. At this point they were all unarmed and I used them as regular troops to try to hold an objective.

I have also seen HE rounds take out large numbers of vehicles - 5 crowded half tracks from an 88mm Tiger shell in one instance (it was a city).

I also setup an 88mm gun behind a building and my opponent "rubbled" it. The rubble fell into the adjacent hex and took out my gun. I was angry - it was the key element of my defense!

I also blew up a priest in cmbo by shooting at adjacent infantry - the kicker was in the "kills" section it said 1 priest!!

I played a desert battle (night) in CMAK as germans and my men in a trench surrendered to enemy tanks and infantry. But I had men hiding in brush in front of the trench. When my opponent walked my guys off the board they walked right into my hidden guys and I got them back under control. At this point they were all unarmed and I used them as regular troops to try to hold an objective.

I have also seen HE rounds take out large numbers of vehicles - 5 crowded half tracks from an 88mm Tiger shell in one instance (it was a city).

I also setup an 88mm gun behind a building and my opponent "rubbled" it. The rubble fell into the adjacent hex and took out my gun. I was angry - it was the key element of my defense!

I also blew up a priest in cmbo by shooting at adjacent infantry - the kicker was in the "kills" section it said 1 priest!!