Axe's Thread of TNT chucking release, Cheery Threats and Maggot Extermination

_Axe_

Originally posted by Axe2121:

If we can't work the phrase "meat sloshing" into a headline, we're not trying hard enough. :D

Stories like that are a gift to subs, but I'm not sure what it says about us that it's our first thought ;)

However, it's what the majority of people want to read over their breakfast tables (plus you can't dismiss the fact it's important that not only is justice done, it is seen to be done).

I think the media is kind of like the Government - we get what we deserve (so us Brits must be very bad indeed).

Cheers,

Teddy

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

If we can't work the phrase "meat sloshing" into a headline, we're not trying hard enough. :D

Stories like that are a gift to subs, but I'm not sure what it says about us that it's our first thought ;)

However, it's what the majority of people want to read over their breakfast tables (plus you can't dismiss the fact it's important that not only is justice done, it is seen to be done).

I think the media is kind of like the Government - we get what we deserve (so us Brits must be very bad indeed).

Cheers,

Teddy

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

Being a community newspaper, we rarely have stories like this in the paper. But when we do, despite all the *tut tutting*, they're the ones that always sell best. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd read stories we write about government policy decisions and things that really affect their lives directly as closely as the crime/weird stuff, but they don't.

And it's always been like this. I remember in journalism class reading a passage from Cicero when he complained the only news from home was gossip, court cases and sporting results. :D

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

Being a community newspaper, we rarely have stories like this in the paper. But when we do, despite all the *tut tutting*, they're the ones that always sell best. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd read stories we write about government policy decisions and things that really affect their lives directly as closely as the crime/weird stuff, but they don't.

And it's always been like this. I remember in journalism class reading a passage from Cicero when he complained the only news from home was gossip, court cases and sporting results. :D

Soddball!!!!! :mad: you pommie layabout :mad: . I challenge you to a battle!!! :mad: :mad: You can set it up, QB or scenario on any front you choose!!! :mad: the more TNT, THE BETTER, not that it will help you much as I slap you silly with a dead fish, and then poke holes in your lifeless form with a blunt pole.

Soddball!!!!! :mad: you pommie layabout :mad: . I challenge you to a battle!!! :mad: :mad: You can set it up, QB or scenario on any front you choose!!! :mad: the more TNT, THE BETTER, not that it will help you much as I slap you silly with a dead fish, and then poke holes in your lifeless form with a blunt pole.

Originally posted by Kitty:

Snarker, have you ever tried any of these? Stone Brewing Co. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! smile.gif Expensive but good. Anywhere from $4-$6 for a pint here. The best is Ruination IPA followed closely by Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Kitty

I've never tasted their products, but the link to Bastard Ale and the page itself is hysterical.

Maggots with a sense of humor! :mad: :mad: