What the heck happened?

I was playing a scenario I created called "our backs to the tiber" modelled after "our backs to the volga".

At about 15 seconds into a turn, a huge single explosion occurred and blew up (rubbled) about 46 building squares and docks across the entire left side of the board. These are all heavy building hexes, and it happens at the exact same time so it was basically 1 shell or 1 bomb.

Neither side has heavy arty - the allies do have 2 planes but one is making a bombing run at 17 seconds elsewhere and I have never seen a bomb do anything like this.

At the site (link below) I have shots of the explosion and the aftermath. I also posted a copy of the movie that you can watch as the axis player (no password required, I am very trusting smile.gif ). If you don't believe me that there is no weird super heavy arty you can open up the scenario and look at it under the editor.

CMAK- what the heck happened?

I concur. This is an intermittent bug that is most likely associated with an aerial bomb (a 500lb. version of the "Little Boy") or an artillery shell of 100mm or greater. I'm not sure what the specifics are for recreating this bug, but it is a weird issue that is buried in the code somewhere. I recall one incident where almost every structure on the map blew up with the dropping of a bomb (and there was quite a bit of space between many of the structures).

[ February 24, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

The rarest, and most hilarious, is the one that has a contstant stream of crews bailing out of the same knocked out vehicle. AFAIK it's been fixed, since the last I heard of it was back in the CMBO days. One guy managed to take a screenshot, with a KO'd Puma and about a dozen bailed crews lying besides it. He said the crews kept popping out one after the other, and only ended when the turn timed out.

Dear Mr. Puppchen,

…. a huge single explosion occurred and blew up (rubbled) about 46 building squares and docks across the entire left side of the board……

Impressive! Thank you for your covert ballistic clue to 'the pillar of heavenly fire' Rambo style!

I will not post this SPOILER in the ROW V thread so you can be assured it will be kept secret.

I am assuming that the designers of Space Lobsters of Doom: Urban Renewal scenario of ROWV – Evil Bridge! are aware of this ‘intermittent 500lb. version of the "Little Boy" bug’ and have included it for a surprise equalizer in the scenario. I have called for CAS but am uncertain if my targeting communication Your Right! My left.… was clear or intercepted.

I am currently employing a dubious diversionary tactic…. "a constant stream of crews bailing out different knocked out vehicles." In an effort to freeze my opponent with laughter till my CAS can employ the hidden "Little Boy" bug / equalizer.

Sincerely,

Dawg … My back against ‘a trailer down by the river’ & wondering what the heck happened?

PS: Is there a method to ‘walk’ this pillar of heavenly fire over turns from your misplaced TRP?