The Cheery Waffle Thread: Some will understand, losers will post in the peng thread.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Kitty, how did you do on your math test? What is the point of converting metric measurements in the US? Every recipe and ingredient is already measured in ounces, cups, or inches. :confused: :confused:

It's because Kitty's coming to the Great White North to cook for us. This is a very important test!! I'll have 2 litres of poutine please!

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lioneyes:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Every recipe and ingredient is already measured in ounces, cups, or inches. :confused: :confused:

Confused is right!

What do you eat that is measured in inches?

...NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!! :eek: </font>

Every recipe and ingredient is already measured in ounces, cups, or inches. :confused: :confused:

Confused is right!

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Kitty, how did you do on your math test? What is the point of converting metric measurements in the US? Every recipe and ingredient is already measured in ounces, cups, or inches. :confused: :confused:

It's because Kitty's coming to the Great White North to cook for us. This is a very important test!! I'll have 2 litres of poutine please! </font>

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

It's because Kitty's coming to the Great White North to cook for us. This is a very important test!! I'll have 2 litres of poutine please! </font>

Turns are out to all maggots.

Gamey games:

Axe is hiding in the woods. Good thing. He is getting trounced soooo bad. There is cracked light armor, smoking wolverines, and a few dead brits littering the battlefield. He better hope the RAF shows up.

Wino is playing the same scenario as Axe . But el Wino is craftier. Unlike his Canadian counterpart, he is not quick squirting his troops into enemy territory. Yet, his arrogant brits will die nonetheless.

Wally is playing dust devil in a home-brew scenerio crafted by your truly. He has lost a few clankies and so have I. The gamey maggot has sacrificed a kublewagon and a truck looking for my green grunts. He found some. But I still hold all the flags. I'm awaiting an artillery strike. My bet is it will land on his poor dusty krauts.

Suedehead and I are playing ping-pong with valentines and panzer iiis in the desert. Back and forth. Very few casualties but lots of headaches from all the clanging of AP ricochets. I think the only way this will stop is if someone charges or we run out of ammo.

[ July 20, 2004, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Watson & Crick ]

Turns are out to all maggots.

Gamey games:

Axe is hiding in the woods. Good thing. He is getting trounced soooo bad. There is cracked light armor, smoking wolverines, and a few dead brits littering the battlefield. He better hope the RAF shows up.

Wino is playing the same scenario as Axe . But el Wino is craftier. Unlike his Canadian counterpart, he is not quick squirting his troops into enemy territory. Yet, his arrogant brits will die nonetheless.

Wally is playing dust devil in a home-brew scenerio crafted by your truly. He has lost a few clankies and so have I. The gamey maggot has sacrificed a kublewagon and a truck looking for my green grunts. He found some. But I still hold all the flags. I'm awaiting an artillery strike. My bet is it will land on his poor dusty krauts.

Suedehead and I are playing ping-pong with valentines and panzer iiis in the desert. Back and forth. Very few casualties but lots of headaches from all the clanging of AP ricochets. I think the only way this will stop is if someone charges or we run out of ammo.

[ July 20, 2004, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Watson & Crick ]

Confused is right!

Confused is right!

You mis-spelled Boo!! :mad: :mad:

But good news - turns are out!!

Yes, after only a week's delay, after tearing out only 56,391 hairs, after biting only 10 fingernails back to nothing, my stoopid bloody computer works again!!

Of course this is bad news for Wally Blob, Axle Grease, Knickers and Horrible Dave, but I don't really give a toss about how they feel anyway!!

Mwahahahahah.................

You mis-spelled Boo!! :mad: :mad:

But good news - turns are out!!

Yes, after only a week's delay, after tearing out only 56,391 hairs, after biting only 10 fingernails back to nothing, my stoopid bloody computer works again!!

Of course this is bad news for Wally Blob, Axle Grease, Knickers and Horrible Dave, but I don't really give a toss about how they feel anyway!!

Mwahahahahah.................

Hmmm: Boo, Roo, Goo, Poo, Doo ... I sense a certain quality of sameness here. I guess it has something to do with all of these being unfortunate biological by-products that are better left out of sight, out of mind. Certainly none are things you want to talk about in polite company, which is why this seemed like such a good place for the discussion. :D:D

Gamey updates - Still seven BDLRM games incomplete. Thermopylae and Lurkur are sending a turn every couple of months, if they are especially ambitious. These two make Goodale (the maggot) seem like a speed demon. Keke is still MIA. Boo, mike_the_weiner, and _uxcva are close to wrapping up their pitiful efforts. MTW managed to get my bogged, buttoned, smoke-covered Panther with his engineers, which is giving him delusions of grandeur. He now expects his engineers to sprint off the map, which will be tough since they are all lying on their bellies right now. :D:D

Gamey revenge scenarios - Pseudo and I are wrecking a village at night in a thunderstorm. Artillery is flying just about everywhere, and many Americans and Germans are dying every turn. Robohn has his Italians hiding somewhere on our map, while my armored British juggernaut rolls toward the VLs unopposed. So far all I've managed to accomplish is to create a very respectable dust cloud. Snarker is hiding out defending his Tunesian airfield against Lt. Col. Frost and his men. Unfortunately we are a long way from the airfield, so our attack will have to wait until we arrive. Gamey Axe is defending a village with four hull-down Pz IVs, which I have to attack with Russian armored cars and halftracks and scout cars. Through the snow. Seems fair to me. :D:D

Hmmm: Boo, Roo, Goo, Poo, Doo ... I sense a certain quality of sameness here. I guess it has something to do with all of these being unfortunate biological by-products that are better left out of sight, out of mind. Certainly none are things you want to talk about in polite company, which is why this seemed like such a good place for the discussion. :D:D

Gamey updates - Still seven BDLRM games incomplete. Thermopylae and Lurkur are sending a turn every couple of months, if they are especially ambitious. These two make Goodale (the maggot) seem like a speed demon. Keke is still MIA. Boo, mike_the_weiner, and _uxcva are close to wrapping up their pitiful efforts. MTW managed to get my bogged, buttoned, smoke-covered Panther with his engineers, which is giving him delusions of grandeur. He now expects his engineers to sprint off the map, which will be tough since they are all lying on their bellies right now. :D:D

Gamey revenge scenarios - Pseudo and I are wrecking a village at night in a thunderstorm. Artillery is flying just about everywhere, and many Americans and Germans are dying every turn. Robohn has his Italians hiding somewhere on our map, while my armored British juggernaut rolls toward the VLs unopposed. So far all I've managed to accomplish is to create a very respectable dust cloud. Snarker is hiding out defending his Tunesian airfield against Lt. Col. Frost and his men. Unfortunately we are a long way from the airfield, so our attack will have to wait until we arrive. Gamey Axe is defending a village with four hull-down Pz IVs, which I have to attack with Russian armored cars and halftracks and scout cars. Through the snow. Seems fair to me. :D:D

:mad: GARGARGARGARAGRGARGARGARGA :mad:

I AM SOOOOO AGITATED! I was stuck in a meeting all afternoon, listening to morons drone on about things they know c*ck all about. It reminded me of this place. So the whole time, I was thinking about the plethera of ways that I was going to annihilate your pixelated troops. Yes, I started seeing code, Charles' Matrix. So I come home EXPECTING some fecking turns! What do a get? No turns at all from Axe, Wino, or Wally and a stinking turn from Pseudo that was like a kick in the danglies. Oh, that desert scenario is just NOT GOING MY WAY! IT IS NOT LOOKING GOOD!

Things are going much, much better against WallySloth and Wike-mino. Where are my turns maggots????

I am skipping work tomorrow to watch the Red Sox in lovely fenway park. So while you maggots are pushing pencils in your ears and other orifices, I'll be kicking back, enjoying the sun and imbibing some frosty beverages. Of course, I'll probably need to get a second mortgage to pay for the ball-park beer.

MAGGOTS! :mad:

:mad: GARGARGARGARAGRGARGARGARGA :mad:

I AM SOOOOO AGITATED! I was stuck in a meeting all afternoon, listening to morons drone on about things they know c*ck all about. It reminded me of this place. So the whole time, I was thinking about the plethera of ways that I was going to annihilate your pixelated troops. Yes, I started seeing code, Charles' Matrix. So I come home EXPECTING some fecking turns! What do a get? No turns at all from Axe, Wino, or Wally and a stinking turn from Pseudo that was like a kick in the danglies. Oh, that desert scenario is just NOT GOING MY WAY! IT IS NOT LOOKING GOOD!

Things are going much, much better against WallySloth and Wike-mino. Where are my turns maggots????

I am skipping work tomorrow to watch the Red Sox in lovely fenway park. So while you maggots are pushing pencils in your ears and other orifices, I'll be kicking back, enjoying the sun and imbibing some frosty beverages. Of course, I'll probably need to get a second mortgage to pay for the ball-park beer.

MAGGOTS! :mad:

Maggot! Seats are $6 upper reserved or $8 lower box. Beer is $3, hot dogs $1.50, steak dinner in the Stadium Club $11.95.

AAA Red Barons (Phillies) in Scranton. Did I mention the fireworks every Friday? Or the brand, spanky new, CLEAN ball park? And a minimum wait to get in and out of the parking lot? Oh, and players that seem motivated to play?

Find your AAA club and give it a go. :mad:

Maggot! Seats are $6 upper reserved or $8 lower box. Beer is $3, hot dogs $1.50, steak dinner in the Stadium Club $11.95.

AAA Red Barons (Phillies) in Scranton. Did I mention the fireworks every Friday? Or the brand, spanky new, CLEAN ball park? And a minimum wait to get in and out of the parking lot? Oh, and players that seem motivated to play?

Find your AAA club and give it a go. :mad: