**** ROW IV (part 3) ****

Last battle finished, and scores sent. I believe that makes all games for group 2, section 2, to be completed.

Thank you for my opponents and scenario designers on very thrilling battles. The heroic memories will belong to the same category as my paratroopers Resolve in Ranville, or my Panthers valiant Rearguard Action... Yet, there were also those moments of terror that can only be compared to the Sounds in the Night, or the Beast approaching...

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gents.

For personal reasons I would like you all to aim at the 19th June to be the date for your AAR's.

There will be an official announcement at some stage today but I have a clear weekend of the 19th and 20th June to sort out all the AAR's and would like you all to try and get your AAR's to me before that weekend.

If you can do that we can announce the finalist list fairly quickly.

I know the original deadline was the 21st and at the moment that is still the date to which I am working.

We will of course still accept AAR's to whatever date is finally set but as a favour to me and all those who will be waiting on you to finish your AAR; can you all try and complete the AAR's by the 19th June.

Many thanks and more on this later today.

H

P.s. I will now update the recent batch of AAR's and give you some feedback as to what I have in so far.

Hi,

I have just got upto date with all those AAR's sat in my inbox.

The Following players have completed all AAR's

VADR

Mick Oz

J Bertles

Dangerous Dave

Owl

Strider

Slawreg

Jaws

Sgt Kelly

Steve McClaire

Panther Commander

RedWolf

DeathDealer

Melnibone

Pace Stick

The Following have 1 left to do: -

Brent Pollack

The_Capt

Larsen

CunzNG14

Victor Charlie

Nidan

The Following have 3 left to do: -

GreenasJade

Levitacus

CombinedArms

Enoch

Overkill

Walpurgis Night

Von Lucke

The Following have 4 left to do: -

Nolloff

SlicerW

Cpt T

Malakovski

John Kettler

And if your name is not here you have less than a week to have it appear.

The Next update to this list will be made on Saturday 19th June.

H

Hmmm

Just did some checking and by my reckoning I have heard from around 34 players who have handed in an AAR.

That is not even 50% of the players in the tourney.

I really do hope that my mail box can cope this week. That is if people are going to do them?

Please endeavour to keep your AAR's within the agreed limits.

Cheers

H

Hi,

An Update on the AAR Deadline.

The Deadline is as it was the 21st June.

If you can do them before then on the 19th June that will be a big help.

smile.gif

I will be away for a week in France in about 4 hours time.

My mail box is fairly large but in the unlikely event that it fills and you get a bounce message please send them to KF or Spanish Bombs who will hold them until I empty the Mail box.

Only send them to KF or Spanish Bombs if it is full and you can always send a quick small e-mail before hand to test it.

I have had a few more AAR's this morning but will not update the list above until Saturday.

Please remember to put on your AAR's all the required header info. If in doubt please re-read page one and the guidelines there.

Cheers

H

Holien,

how about replying to recently sent AAR emails with very short "got it" at least?

For some reason, email communication lately has been far less reliable than it used to be :(

[ June 13, 2004, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: JPS ]

Good news on the home front!

I got the geek at work to cut me a couple of MS Office CDs, so I am back in business.

The new deadline still stands, so you have 3 more days to get those games completed.

In case you are wondering how much farther we have, behold...

Games finished as of 06/14/04:

South of Vevi

G1/S1 - complete

G1/S2 - complete

Overkill vs Nestor

PHLGuy vs Tychus

G1/S4 - complete

Lindan vs Ace Pilot

G2/S2 - complete

Michael Dorosh vs MickOZ

Victor Charlie vs Flammenwerfer

Heavy Drop vs Pacestick

Jaws vs Gator6

G3/S1 - complete

Bryce Baker vs Combined arms

G3/S3 - complete

Nidan1 vs OWL

Larsen vs SpineRipper

26/36 (72%)

Things that go bump in the night

Group 1 - complete

John Kettler vs Kanonier Reichmann

Londoner vs Ace Pilot

G2/S2 - complete

G2/S3 - complete

Jaws vs Heavy Drop

Pacestick vs Ted

G3/S1 - complete

Death dealer vs Combined arms

Bryce Baker vs dalem

G3/S3 - complete

G3/S4 - complete

33/36 (91%)

Squeezing the Melon

G1/S1 - complete

G1/S2 - complete

Tychus vs Nestor

Overkill vs Enoch

G1/S4 - complete

Ace Pilot vs John Kettler

Lindan vs Londoner

G2/S2 - complete

MickOZ vs Flammenwerfer

Victor Charlie vs Scheer

G2/S4 - complete

Group 3 - complete

33/36 (91%)

Frontier Firefight '40

G1/S1 - complete

Vadr vs Michal

The Capt vs Sgt Kelly

Enoch vs Tychus

G1/S4 - complete

G2/S1 - complete

G2/S2 - complete

Scheer vs MickOZ

Flammenwerfer vs Michael Dorosh

G2/S4 - complete

Group 3 - complete

32/36 (88%)

Retreat from Metemma

G1/S1 - complete

G1/S2 - complete

PHL Guy vs Enoch

Tychus vs Overkill

G1/S4 - complete

John Kettler vs Londoner

Shock Tropper vs Ace Pilot

G2/S2 - complete

G2/S3 - complete

G2/S4 - complete

G3/S1 - complete

Combined arms vs Direwolf

Deathdealer vs Bryce Baker

G3/S3 - complete

G3/S4 - complete

33/36 (91%)

157 out of 180 total (87%)

[ June 15, 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

I'm also confused by the listing, as all of my scores have been sent, but my name doesn't show up anywhere? I'm guessing that the listed match ups are actually the UNCOMPLETED games, and if your name doesn't appear, you're listed as COMPLETED...yes?

Originally posted by Ted:

Kingfish

Under the finished games, Frontier Firefight there is no maention of me or anyone of Group 2, Section 4.

Do you need me to send the results again?

Brent,

I show you as being in Group 3 / Section 1 (or G3/S1). According to the latest list I see your section as having completed all of their games. For 'South of Vevi', 'Things go Bump' and 'Retreat from Metemma' you should see it listed as G3/S1 - complete. For the other two scenarios you should see it listed as Group 3 - complete, meaning the entire group has finished that scenario.

Bottom line is, if you sent me 5 scores, and I replied with 5 "Thank you", then your score is recorded.

Would anyone here running a Mac and using Graphic

Converter please tell me how to put together an AAR

which incorporates a graphic? The AAR itself is in RTF format. I sent Holien the specified notification, to which I separately attached the AAR and the annotated JPEG, but that didn't fly with him. Apparently, he's getting integrated AARs from the rest of you, so that he has only to contend with one file in whatever massaging he's doing. Having spent a fair amount of time learning how to do the file conversion and annotate the image, I naturally am anxious to share my work with those who'll read my AAR. How do I put it all together and make Holien happy? Left a message in Tech Support many days ago in the PhotoDeluxe thread, but I've had no replies since. Please help!

Regards,

John Kettler

Guys,

Today is the last full day that we have to get games completed. Right around this time tomorrow I will accept my last scores, with the results being posted sometime around noon.

With that in mind, I have a proposal for those players who still have games in progress, but feel they won't be able to finish in time. If both parties agree, you can send me the latest file from your games and I will cycle thru the turns until the game is finished. I will not issue any orders during this time, and the only movement and combat will be initiated by the Tac AI.

Another option is to ask for a ceasefire, although I'm not sure how that will affect the scoring.

Looking at the list I see we still have 21 games in progress. Hopefully they are down to the last 5 turns, so completing them won't take up too much of my time.

OK, there you have it. We are entering the home stretch so you'll need to decide quickly on what option you choose.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Guys,

Today is the last full day that we have to get games completed. Right around this time tomorrow I will accept my last scores, with the results being posted sometime around noon.

With that in mind, I have a proposal for those players who still have games in progress, but feel they won't be able to finish in time. If both parties agree, you can send me the latest file from your games and I will cycle thru the turns until the game is finished. I will not issue any orders during this time, and the only movement and combat will be initiated by the Tac AI.

Another option is to ask for a ceasefire, although I'm not sure how that will affect the scoring.

Looking at the list I see we still have 21 games in progress. Hopefully they are down to the last 5 turns, so completing them won't take up too much of my time.

OK, there you have it. We are entering the home stretch so you'll need to decide quickly on what option you choose.

I got my internet back and running and sent a turn to my replacement opponent, but for some reason he seems not to have gotten it. I'd hate to appear like I was stalling simply to avoid an unfavourable outcome. I hope to get back on track tonight, but that is up to the whims of my IP, and my opponent's schedule.

I'll send a file to you Kingfish, and if we get no further, the cycle through thing will be acceptable to me - much better than a ceasefire or surrender, methinks. But not as preferable as finishing the game.

I just emailed it - please let me know if you received it.