Best of the worst in the Cheery Waffle Thread

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Associated Press/AP Online

UNIVERSITY PARK, Md.

...Raupp heads a team of about a dozen graduate students who have been furiously writing cicada cookbooks, teaching classes at schools as far away as Ohio and working with landscapers to minimize plant damage from the expected hoard. Caution is in order, however, for would-be cicada gourmets. <Big>An Indiana man</big> who ate nearly 30 sauteed cicadas had an allergic reaction and had to be treated with antihistamines, steroids and a shot of adrenaline. "He said they didn't taste too bad, but his wife didn't care for the aroma," said Dr. Al Ripani, the doctor who treated the man Thursday at a Bloomington hospital.

Now you know why Dave H was sick. The large bug eating maggot!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Because Snarker (the maggot) didn't see the need for an alliance under the new rules 'til the end game. But Snarker (the maggot) severely underestimated the pace of build up without all the fighting taking place. :mad: :mad: :mad: Snarker (the maggot) won't make that mistake again. :mad:

In other news, Axe continues his run of 'whups' at my hands.

Mike and me are doing the Malmalade Really Big Multiple Game Thingy. He's the Cretins. tongue.gif :mad:

BDLRM slowed down a bit after Dave H's Cicada shots sped his heart rate way up.

I'm playing in the mud and rain (in the desert) with Robohn's mind. He's seeing Eyetalians now.

Snarker, sorry to disappoint, but I haven't seen or heard a single cicada yet. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Are you sure that guy who ate 30 of them wasn't from the fine town of Indiana, Pennsylvania? Who knows which university is there? Nobody here, that's for sure! BTW Snarker, did you know there's no town in Indiana named Pennsylvania? tongue.giftongue.gif

In other news, BDLRM turns are out to all 12 players. Mike even managed to slip an e-mail through my ISP; I'll have to call and complain Monday. Players are at various stages, with Mike and Tugboat (who had technical problems with his Mac) still on Turn 1, while Pseudo has zoomed through 11 turns and has the columns of Allied smoke to prove it. :D:D

On a totally unrelated subject, who is the bigger idiot: Axe or Kitty? They seem to be in a neck and neck race to prove how many brain cells they've pickled. Much like the late, lamented Mike_the_wino, who can't even remember how to use a computer anymore. :D:D

One more subject even further afield: I just spent 219 minutes watching the movie "Gods and Generals". What a waste!! I feel dirty and gooey all over, like I spent over three hours floating in a cotton candy machine. I thought the movie was so sickeningly sweet I was debating whether to turn it off. I kept hoping it might improve. It did not. The acting was uniformly of bad Little Theater quality, and the score was nauseating. Yuck!! I hope Ted Turner gets off his little vanity movie kick. :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

A maggot's maggot. :mad: :mad:

Quite a story. He certainly doesn't look his age. Thanks for posting the link. How come you cut off the top of his head in the photo? :D:D

Another question: why do Americans say "to the hospital", but British and Canadians say "to hospital"? Do you say you go "to theater (or theatre)", or "to store", or "to bathroom"? What's the deal? :confused: :confused:

"Hospital" obviously isn't a place, but some kind of nebulous ideal in their alter-world. :mad:

Kinda like when I beat Axe's pixelated maggots "to death".

[ May 15, 2004, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

Originally posted by Snarker:

"Hospital" obviously isn't a place, but some kind of nebulous ideal in their alter-world. :mad:

Kinda like when I beat Axe's pixelated maggots "to death".

So you beating Axe's pixelated maggots is a nebulous ideal, not something real? :D

If hospital isn't a place, how do the doctors and nurses know where to work each day? How do patients know where to find the doctors and nurses? Or is this all somehow related to the dreaded UK and Canadian "socialized medicine"? :confused: tongue.gif:D

The dearth of turns from you maggots will be the death of me. :mad:

Dave, Keke, Pseudo and Snarker exluded. Not that that makes them any less of maggots.

Off to Toronto today to watch the Sox and their punk ass pitcher humiliate the Blue Jays.

[ May 16, 2004, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Originally posted by Dave H:

In other news, BDLRM turns are out to all 12 players. Mike even managed to slip an e-mail through my ISP; I'll have to call and complain Monday. Players are at various stages, with Mike and Tugboat (who had technical problems with his Mac) still on Turn 1, while Pseudo has zoomed through 11 turns and has the columns of Allied smoke to prove it. :D:D

No turn here. Did you, by some odd quirk, send it to the old, annoying address? The maggots.