Best of the worst in the Cheery Waffle Thread

I nominate the whole lot of you non-TNT chuckin', non posting since 2 am for Best in the category of worst waste of human flesh. Ever. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maggots.

Edited to add a link per popular request.

[ May 05, 2004, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make you all happy with your lot in this world of hot explosive liquids - <big><big>I'm back</big></big>...yeah I know....why did I bother, why - have I been somewhere, etc :mad: :mad: blah blah tongue.gif

However happy as that might make y'all, sadly I have had to sacrifice all incoming e-mails from the last week!! :(

So if you're awaiting a turn from me can you please resend your last?

Has everyone seen Soddball's thread in the General forum? Apparently his younger brother has been diagnosed with cancer, and the doctors estimate he only has a few weeks to live. Let our good friend know we are thinking of both him and his brother. :(:(:(

Hey Pseudonym -- check out the reviews for With Our Backs to the Volga at the Scenario Depot. It's part of the Boots & Tracks Stalingrad pack.

This comment sold me: "WOW! I have to say I don't like large city fights but got dragged kicking and screaming into this by a moronic city fight loving friend of mine who LOVES city fights.

I'm glad he did, not only did I managed to win (barely) but I had a great time doing it."

What say you maggot? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ May 05, 2004, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Originally posted by Axe2121:

You wouldn't be mocking me with this thread title would you Snickers? :mad: :mad:

GRRGRAAAAARGHRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mock you with my (non) crunchies in our latest death match. Now, back to pushing that boulder, sysa... sysapuss... syphalitic maggot!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So where's the updates on the 2nd Semi-Annual BDLRM tournament? How many has Dave H lost already? Who are the favorites to replace the Saintly Teddy Windsor?

We demand UPDATES!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

You have started haven't you?

tongue.gif

Hey Pseudonym -- check out the reviews for With Our Backs to the Volga at the Scenario Depot. It's part of the Boots & Tracks Stalingrad pack.

This comment sold me: "WOW! I have to say I don't like large city fights but got dragged kicking and screaming into this by a moronic city fight loving friend of mine who LOVES city fights.

I'm glad he did, not only did I managed to win (barely) but I had a great time doing it."

What say you maggot? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

All right maniAxe, this say I, "So, it is to be war between us! But this time, clever friend, the disaster will be yours!!"

Pseudo (before battle): Get three thousand coffins ready.

*battle*

Pseudo (unscathed): My mistake, four thousand coffins...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

You may now setup and send.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear - when I got my computer up and running I lost EVERYTHING - all addresses, all saved games, PBEM, all sent files, the lot!! :(

Fortunately I only use a single password for all my games, so that's not going to be a problem - if I'd used thre PBEM random generated one then they'd all be gone too!!

So if anyone wants to continue beating me like the dog they think I am they need to send me a file :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sigh. Tactical loss to Snupchuck in Sword of Bagration. How much longer do I have to toil under the humiliation of this sig? :mad:

I'd say this: tatoo it on your forearm.

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Sigh. Tactical loss to Snupchuck in Sword of Bagration. How much longer do I have to toil under the humiliation of this sig? :mad:

I'd say this: tatoo it on your forearm. </font>

<font size=5>Good Morning, maggots!</font size=5>

Due to popular demand (thanks Jim boy Boggs!), here's a quick BDLRM update: Unlike last time, when most of the Soviet players opened with massive artillery bombardments, my Germans have been undisturbed by shelling. One maggot did have a P-38J (which he insists on calling a P-47, like we can't tell the difference :confused: ) begin strafing on turn 2. Unfortunately, this pilot seems to be able to tell the Germans from the Allies and keeps shooting at me! :eek: What else...I've spotted Sherman IIs, Hellcats, a Stuart, M15s, Greyhounds, lots of halftracks, and plenty of infantry. We also see lots of gray tanks? and light armor? My defenders have exchanged a few shots so far, mostly with machine gun fire, at long range. It's still amazing how much detail you get about infantry riding on the back of a tank at 1,300 meters. Could we really tell there was an infantry squad and a sharpshooter sitting on that Sherman? :rolleyes:

So far I've got Axe, Robohn, PseudoSimonds, Thermopylae, Teddy Windsor, Keke, _Uxcva, Snarker, and Wallybob going. I've sent turn 005 to Snarker three or four times, and he keeps whining that I won't send it. I'll bet his neighbors are intercepting his e-mails. I guess I need to send the scenario to Mike again, whose system seems to have crashed. _Uxcva's friend Tugboat is getting started. Lurkur has asked for more information about the tournament. :cool:

One request to the players - please don't post anything about the German units you've discovered. Borg spotting within one game is bad, but if you're spotting for someone in a whole different game, that's even worse! Remember, it's to your advantage to let the other players run into that minefield, or get ambushed by that panzerfaust. Loose lips and all, you know. :D

Like last time, I'm keeping notes each turn, so I can do brief AARs afterwards. My plan is to end the game with lots of burning allied armor on each battlefield. Sadly, no fires to report - yet. :D:D:D

In this case, should it not be the best of the Wurst? I would go with a bratwurst with sauerkraut and mustard and onions.

That now making you all hungry, there is a new Jr. Evil scenario ready for testing Yes, Chris [age 15] has made a nice battle featuring:

Crunchies

Things that go Boom

An Oasis

November 1941 timeframe

More things that go boom

Things that go rat-a-tat

and of course, a Sandstorm.

interested parties forward an email.

May it cause you much pain.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

In this case, should it not be the best of the Wurst?

May it cause you much pain.

Rune

Well, isn't that nice. rune told a funny. And it did cause much pain.

Now then, back to business. YOU (rune) who constantly demand feedback, whimpering and crying like a baby when it is not forthcoming, have the audacity to REFUSE to acknowledge the receipt of said feedback?

I have sent you TWO fair and balanced reviews. For all I know they ended up in Snarker's in-box, as you have never indicated that you have received them.

In one, (Buffalo Soldiers), I even went so far as to recommend that it would be a perfect scenario for The Cheery Wafflers as it contains all the prerequisites they require (huge explosions, lots of big guns, two story buildings being flung high in the air, the flaming debris coming to rest two to three blocks away, etc).

Do I see any follow-up? Any offers to the Wafflers? Do we dare to hope that maybe... just maybe, you have answered all our prayers and retired from Scenario Design?

If it will accelerate this process I would gladly accept a scenario to test for the young lad. I have need of a slightly deranged battle in which to severely spank a certain Lurkur if and when he gets done interrogating Dave H about the rules for the BDLRM Tourney.

I actually read feedback and made some minor changes based on you lot. However, I don't make major changes, because the rest of the forum can actually play well, unlike the members here. However, Buffalo Soldiers, La Foce, The Last Offensive are indeed ready to be released, pending WWB's return and posting to Band of Brothers.

As for ignoring your email, thank you. Is there anyone in their right mind who wouldn't? Besides, I am working on things not to be named, *cough; new forums, cough* and time is preciousssssssssssss. My preciousssssssss

Hmm...I could taunt Axe with a beta spot, and then just not give it to him. Alas, I have two from Canuckistan...

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Hmm...I could taunt Axe with a beta spot, and then just not give it to him.

Still taking your evil pills I see.

I'm always willing and able if you have a spot. I don't eat much, am house-trained and finished shedding six years ago.

La Foce is awesome but I never did get to finish Buffalo Soldiers since Becket has gone the way of MasterGoodale. :mad: