Now you've seen the game what do you want modded first?

MikeyD

We've got to admit CMAK looks mighty pretty straight out of the box, and there's precious little that cries out "FIX ME!" But we've all got our preferences. What's the first thing you want modded now that you've seen the game?

Me, That Italian winter road has simply got to go! Once I confirm the numbers match-up I'm dropping in my own CMBB muddy winter road mod.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone's addressed that question. Are there winter vehicle slots alloted in CMAK? Are there winter vehicle slots of African-theater vehicles in CMAK?!!

I wonder it it would be possible to renumber the bmpss for the Africa PzIIIs and PzIVs, slap on a little camou, and bring them into Italy? Of course there are no skirted tanks in Africa to steal the artwork from.

[ December 05, 2003, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I wonder it it would be possible to renumber the bmpss for the Africa PzIIIs and PzIVs, slap on a little camou, and bring them into Italy?
I had a go doing that with the IIIL in the demo. Got all the bmp's right - it does need quite a bit of work because there are lots of small differences - but couldn't get a decent gelb (methods I've used with new layers before didn't work very well) and I can't paint camo to save my life. Ended up deleting it in despair :(

This isn't intended as crticism...but the camouflage on some of the tanks is too good.

CMAK has beautifully rendered vehicles, but the desert vehicles are hard too see because the tones they are "painted" in are so similar (if not identical) to the landscape.

Hey, modders, shine 'em up a bit for us!

EZ

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Actually, there's already the 3 inch close support Matilda in the game! :D

Yes, but unlike the other CS tanks, it still uses the 2lbr model. Can a 3in. Howitzer form be grafted on to it?

Also, what's up with the pointed-headed Commonwealth types (no, not Dorosh!) --- those helmets are just a bit too distracting.

And speaking of helmets: I like the French OG-style helmets, but why did they have to code the Company level commander wearing one? Wanted to see a blue and red officers kepi there.

Yeh, I'd like that (post-war?) muzzle brake gone too. But it may take applying Magenta knockout color to a good quarter the length of the gun tube art to get rid of the whole thing. That might wind up chopping it too short. :(

Hmmmm. My efforts to convert from modslutism has failed miserably. I've shortened the barrel a bit, there were two options in doing it. Either delete the muzzle brake completly, ending up with a barrel wich is obviously too short. I tried deleting to the regular length only but the enlarged muzzle end, while not as annoying as I feared did float in mid air unattached to the gun. It's only visible at certain angles only, it was enough to annoy me. And both version had a roughly hexagonal, slightly opaque plate hovering in front of it. Couldn't find where the muzzlebreak front was located so couldn't pink it out. Maybe a more experienced hand at modding might take a look at it but I fear there is no real satisfying way of deleting the muzzlebreak.

BTW The muzzlebreak was first added in late 42 when the supercharge was increased. The muzzlebreak prevented damage to the gun from the increased oomph. It only was widely added to guns in 43 though and am assuming that most guns in NA remained muzzle-less.

I'm more then a little puzzled why BFC decided on portraying the muzzlebreak variant (Mk2/1) because just when the muzzlebreak was added the 25pdrs direct fire role was more or less played out. Therefore seems logical to me the plain version would be used.

Originally posted by von Lucke:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Yes, but unlike the other CS tanks, it still uses the 2lbr model. Can a 3in. Howitzer form be grafted on to it?

Also, what's up with the pointed-headed Commonwealth types (no, not Dorosh!) --- those helmets are just a bit too distracting.

And speaking of helmets: I like the French OG-style helmets, but why did they have to code the Company level commander wearing one? Wanted to see a blue and red officers kepi there. </font>

How about US tanks and vehicles with the very early tri-color stars?

At the outbreak they had national markings the same as US Aircraft... the white star with blue circle background and red dot in the center. Very distinctive looking, which is probably why they got rid of them.

Then there are new unit icons for the allies, ANYTHING nicer looking for the "in command" icon.

-Hans

Another vote for desert skies, and please specifically without mountains below them as they look totally out of place in the pre-43 Desert War. I'm starting to get the feeling we're battling inside Mordor not on the plains of Egypt, and I'm a bit worried I might accidentally squash the ringbearer with a Matilda before I get to see Episode III in the cinema.

Who was the guy who recently released those superb CMBB sky mods, and does he take cash bribes?

Originally posted by GJK:

How about modding the CD-check? I'm getting tired of swapping disks to accommodate both my new CMAK and old CMBB PBEM games!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

They already have mods for that :D

Now in the interests of keeping my membership of this community in good standing, i'm not going to say where to get them. I won't have the problem between switching between CMBB and CMAK because I didn't buy the forme, but I fully intend that the latter will be 'modded' in that respect anyways.

Yes yes yes. Several people have already mentioned the tall mountain backgrounds in the desert locations. A 'low horizon' western desert sky set would probably be popular.

Note that you will loose the mountains in Crete too guys, which will probably look rather odd, if you remove them from the desert...unfortuantely disk space got the better of us so we had to share more than we would have liked too. We will be looking at using multiple in the future though.

Dan

[ December 06, 2003, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by Member # 4691:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GJK:

How about modding the CD-check? I'm getting tired of swapping disks to accommodate both my new CMAK and old CMBB PBEM games!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

They already have mods for that :D

Now in the interests of keeping my membership of this community in good standing, i'm not going to say where to get them. I won't have the problem between switching between CMBB and CMAK because I didn't buy the forme, but I fully intend that the latter will be 'modded' in that respect anyways. </font>