Now you've seen the game what do you want modded first?

MikeyD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hetzer is hideous, but I am still dying for Ambush camo for all my 44-45 Panzers and HT's that looks like this:

PzIVAmbush03.JPG

like I had in BO but have never had on anything but the Mk IV and a couple of HT's in BB. The late war Cats and HT in AK look identical to BB so perhaps the same mods will work for both games. Don't recall what I read about changes in that.

Originally posted by Aacooper:

I think the symbol for an Italian unit which you're not sure of is horrible in the desert. The sheaf of wheat, or whatever it is, should be replaced by the Italian flag. The problem is that it blends in with the desert instead of being a useful gameplay token.

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000539

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

The Hetzer is hideous, but I am still dying for Ambush camo for all my 44-45 Panzers and HT's that looks like this:

PzIVAmbush03.JPG

like I had in BO but have never had on anything but the Mk IV and a couple of HT's in BB.

Glad you like my CMBO PzKpfw IV smile.gif

However I don't think the Hetzer is "hideous". In fact I think the Hetzer uncamoed base texture is pretty nice. I left that vehicle uncamoed because it seems lots of German vehicles in Italy din't got any camo and I was sure modders will like to be able to easily camo it. In fact, I left it uncamoed as a sort of "bonus" for modders ;)

The only thing that initially cried out to me as needing modded is the helmets for British armoured inf. they've got that funny shape to them which I assume represents the standard British tin helmet with a cammo cover. They'd look good with some foliage or scrim on them but currently the plain look just seems a bit odd to me.

I investigated adding some of Andrew Fox's fine mods from CMBO but the BMPs for CMBO seem to be only half the size of the CMAK ones.

With a bit of luck the Hetzer will have the same bmp's as BO and BB if you want a camo change.

I'd like to see the 25pdr without the muzzle flash modded or changed in any future patch..

I've modded the Enfield No4 so that I now have a Lithgow SMLE for my Diggers...just waiting for the Sim to arrive smile.gif

How about some mod work on the map editor?

Instead of a tile saying "pine trees" how about "palm trees"....and change the icon to a palm instead of a pine. Although the editor works just like CMBB I would like the pallette to look like CMAK with the correct names and maybe colors.

Also...some AFVs have the crew just "stuck" on the top of the turret.A little more detail where the "hatch" is suppose to be.

Oh and those wierd looking Italian "spotted" symbols....yuck!...Just a flag would be so much better.

And before I forget.....The AVF's in CMAK are the most detailed to date for the CM series....hats off to the artist's!

Originally posted by Fernando:

QUOTE]Glad you like my CMBO PzKpfw IV smile.gif

However I don't think the Hetzer is "hideous". In fact I think the Hetzer uncamoed base texture is pretty nice. I left that vehicle uncamoed because it seems lots of German vehicles in Italy din't got any camo and I was sure modders will like to be able to easily camo it. In fact, I left it uncamoed as a sort of "bonus" for modders ;)

I couldn't agree more. The stock textures in CMAK are fantastic (I love the Hetzer and there are several "exotic" camo schemes I'd love to apply to it), and especially if one considers how long Fernando and Kwazy could afford to spend on each vehicle in order to get all the vehicles into the game. Modders can afford to take orders of magnitude more time on their mods and many don't end up the equal of the original vehicles.

Enjoy the game for awhile before you run off and start modding it. The only reasons you'll be seeing the FlaKtrack mods from Marco and me, and the Caunter Matildas is that they were in progress as part of CMAK development.

Gordon

I think to start with I'd like to see the winterised Shermans and allied AFV's. You know the ones with the heavy frosted look - Remembering back, they were my best mods in CMBO. Then perhaps the uniforms, with minor alterations. I'm no grognard so I'll let the experts deal with the detail. Perhaps some refinement to the Matilda as well - but I haven't been able to spend much time with the game yet, although I played the demo to death. I'd love to see sky mods, terrain improvements, a Juju fest.. hehe.. then Madmatts sound mods.. :D

New mods I would like to see are:-

1.Predominantly ambush cammo for Ger in Italy.I`m fed up with wishy-washy 2 tone PzIII,IV and Stugs.

2. Sandbags on US tanks. They generally are a bit plain usually.

3. Numbering on Ger tanks other than 808.how about 111.

4.More of the blue/sand cammo for allied desert tanks where appropiate.

5.Revamp of the cornfield in Italy. The base seems a different colour to the doodahs so one sees a criss-cross effect .None too appealling.

6.Winter cammo for all!! I prefer the whitewash effect myself. I can`t understand why we don`t get them again.

7.More subdued trees etc in Italy. They seem a bit garish.

Rather a lot I realize, but hopefully some may happen.Kudos to all modders!

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

Allied units portraits should be upgraded to the quality standards of CMBB (shoulder & rank style).

I don't mind which they use as long as it's consistant. At present (so far as I've seen) all units use the CMBB rank system apart from the US and the British airborne (standard brit/ commonwealth infantry use the rank method). So we've got two different styles in the game at the moment.