Peng and his Challenge go to White Castle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

dalem possessed by Seanachai?

Oh my.

The political differences alone should make the big idjit run screaming out into heavy traffic.

Or at least we can hope...

Sort of a physio-political version of a conniption?

Steve

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

If Joe gets my maidens can I at least have some stenographers?

No.

However, if you decide to become a Knights Templar, and wage Holy War against the enemies of the One, True, Apostolic Faith (as headed by myself), you will be granted access to all the repressed, guilt ridden, hot Catholic girls that we free from the clutches of Dalem and his lot, with whom you can conduct 'strengthening the faith' instruction sessions.

But you have to bathe, be well-mannered, and remember that you are all God's creatures. You, of course, are more of a 'creature' than they are, and rather less of God's than they, as well. </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

I have the AntiPope at my mercy. Lars, Seanachai, and Papa Khann are in my dining room right now. We are playing Sword of Rome and Lars just kicked my booty.

Clearly it's time to grab the Gnome by the throat and worry him until his Gnomey neck snaps.

Carpe Seanachai!

Correction.

Dalem, Seanachai and I spent our time squabbling amongst ourselves until southern Italy was totally spent. Meanwhile, that bastiche Papa Kahn happily raided away as the Goths until he won. If nothing else, it was a pretty good historical re-enactment.

However, I must say poisoning Seanachai's best General was the most fun I've had in a long time. And somebody really needs to ask him about his leet Greek seige raising skills. Ah Carthage, how we miss you.

Michael Emrys you have much to answer for lad ...

Added to the Guestbook of the Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread Website: So...it's been three months since anybody contributed. Sad. But not surprising. I guess your site is just a hopeless dud, Joe. Too bad. I guess you gave it your best shot, and now we all know what that's worth. Have you considered euthanasia yet? They say it only hurts for a little while.
Explain yourself sirrah ... or feel the wrath of the Justicariate.

Joe

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Bad news lads.

JAMES BOGGS, 51

Rest in peace good buddy. You will be missed.

This is *our* Boggs is it? Or his dad? </font>

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Oh God ... I'm going to miss him ... I'm going to miss him a lot.

Sir Jim Boggs, Knight of the CessPool Requiescat in Pace.

Joe

Can you put up some sort of memorial type thing for him on the website? </font>

I've posted a small tribute to Jim Boggs on the Justicariate Web Page. I'm sure others could have done better ...

Joe

p.s. I thought about changing his description in the Knights area ... but then I thought ... you know, he would have wanted that left that way.

Such sad news...

One of the nicest guys ever to grace this forum...

He was dedicated to his wife and family,(mentioned them many times) had a great sense of humour and was the perfect gent to us ladies..

May you rest in peace MrBoggs ...

Boggsy and I had been E-mailing each other fairly regularly all last Autumn when he told me that he had been diagnosed with lung cancer. He said they were trying some new procedures, but didn't hold out much hope. He refused to say anything about on the forums and he told me to keep it to myself because, as he said, "The MBT and the rest is a place to have fun and I don't want to be a killjoy." I last heard from him around Thanksgiving and the last few E-mails I sent weren't answered. I stopped writing because I didn't know what else to say and I didn't want his wife to have to try to explain the situation to a stranger.

Last night, I decided to see if I could get any more information and did a search on the Winter Haven Ledger site. There, I read of his death.

I contacted Lars, because he had met Jim and I wanted to know if this was indeed our friend.

Jim had one of the best senses of humor I've ever had the pleasure to experience. With it came a gentle humility and the ability to be a calming influence in many of the heated arguments found in the GF.

He was a real good guy.

Even though he always beat me at CM.

[ April 10, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

Originally posted by **YK2**:

Such sad news...

One of the nicest guys ever to grace this forum...

He was dedicated to his wife and family,(mentioned them many times) had a great sense of humour and was the perfect gent to us ladies..

May you rest in peace MrBoggs ...

Indeed. I was proud to claim him as an apprentice for a brief while when he first joined the board, but his own considerable native wit soon forged its own path. He was a great one and I missed him greatly when his posts stopped appearing here and in the outer boards. All my flags are flying at half mast today.

Michael

Damn it, why couldn't it have been you, Emrys!

Jim was the first person to email me when I started posting in the MBT and explain just what I had gotten myself into. The first PBEM game I ever started (and incidentally never finished) was against Boggs. I have been wondering what happened to him, now I guess I got my answer. Rest in peace, Jim, we will remember you.