Gods! It's hot as Berli's breath out here... the Challenge is not sinking Peng deep

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

[... and from the Paddock something gray and heavy boogies on down to a snappy 70s pop classic]

Yeknod

What next? "It's Raining Gnomes"? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

[... and from the Paddock something gray and heavy boogies on down to a snappy 70s pop classic]

Yeknod

What next? "It's Raining Gnomes"? </font>

Boo! Begin work on the Temple!

"Boo! Build me a temple! Boo! Smite my enemies! Boo! Peal me a grape! Boo! Inflate my shoes!" Good grief, it just never ends with these minor deities, does it now? Well, all in all, I guess they have something to prove. First it's "Sacrifice a ewe to me!", then it's "Sacrifice a virgin to me!", then it's "Sacrifice a virgin ewe to me!", like that's going to happen around these parts.

OK, one large, impressive edifice coming right up. maybe I can get some of the nearby Amish to help...tell them it's a barn or somefink. Hell, raise a real barn...it's not like Seanachai's ever going to see the damn thing sober.

"Boo! Build me a temple! Boo! Smite my enemies! Boo! Peal me a grape! Boo! Inflate my shoes!" Good grief, it just never ends with these minor deities, does it now? Well, all in all, I guess they have something to prove. First it's "Sacrifice a ewe to me!", then it's "Sacrifice a virgin to me!", then it's "Sacrifice a virgin ewe to me!", like that's going to happen around these parts.

OK, one large, impressive edifice coming right up. maybe I can get some of the nearby Amish to help...tell them it's a barn or somefink. Hell, raise a real barn...it's not like Seanachai's ever going to see the damn thing sober.

Had a little trouble putting the boat on the trailer Saturday for winter storage. Seems it was 75 and dead calm. Tough conditions to operate under down at the launch. Had the same problem on Sunday. Finally got the job done when the sun went down and the beer ran out.

Turns out tonight.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Walk your pit bull without the leash.

Now sod off.

Had a little trouble putting the boat on the trailer Saturday for winter storage. Seems it was 75 and dead calm. Tough conditions to operate under down at the launch. Had the same problem on Sunday. Finally got the job done when the sun went down and the beer ran out.

Turns out tonight.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Walk your pit bull without the leash.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

OK, one large, impressive edifice coming right up. maybe I can get some of the nearby Amish to help...tell them it's a barn or somefink. Hell, raise a real barn...it's not like Seanachai's ever going to see the damn thing sober. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

OK, one large, impressive edifice coming right up. maybe I can get some of the nearby Amish to help...tell them it's a barn or somefink. Hell, raise a real barn...it's not like Seanachai's ever going to see the damn thing sober. </font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

By the way, what is the acoustical quality of a grape? And are you referring to red or white seedless?

Steve

He lays them lovingly out in rows, you know, and strikes them with tiny mallets just to soothe me. They have a wonderful tone, if played right.

You wouldn't think a person of Boo's large and thuggish nature could handle the grape mallets so deftly, but there it is.

It's like discovering that in his spare time Caliban writes Haiku, or does watercolours.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

By the way, what is the acoustical quality of a grape? And are you referring to red or white seedless?

Steve

He lays them lovingly out in rows, you know, and strikes them with tiny mallets just to soothe me. They have a wonderful tone, if played right.

You wouldn't think a person of Boo's large and thuggish nature could handle the grape mallets so deftly, but there it is.

It's like discovering that in his spare time Caliban writes Haiku, or does watercolours.

R Leete, ready a peacock quill pen and a sheet of the finest lambskin...to begin taking down my pronouncements on Abominations. {Blather, blah, blah, blah.}

Oh, joy. A writing assignment. Get a squire, Olde Man. And do you have any idea of the price for fresh velum these days? Just how do you propose we get the budget passed with such porkbellied (er, sorry, can't get that last pic out of my mind) porkbarrel spending?

To top it off, did you even read my post past the point of seeing your bolded name? I specifically mentioned stenographers. If you want any of us to take you the least bit seriously (hey, it could happen), you'd better start handing out the perks to the faithful. A bit of smiting of the naysayers (Joe Shaw) wouldn't hurt, either.

[ October 20, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: R Leete ]

R Leete, ready a peacock quill pen and a sheet of the finest lambskin...to begin taking down my pronouncements on Abominations. {Blather, blah, blah, blah.}

Oh, joy. A writing assignment. Get a squire, Olde Man. And do you have any idea of the price for fresh velum these days? Just how do you propose we get the budget passed with such porkbellied (er, sorry, can't get that last pic out of my mind) porkbarrel spending?

To top it off, did you even read my post past the point of seeing your bolded name? I specifically mentioned stenographers. If you want any of us to take you the least bit seriously (hey, it could happen), you'd better start handing out the perks to the faithful. A bit of smiting of the naysayers (Joe Shaw) wouldn't hurt, either.

[ October 20, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: R Leete ]

Originally posted by R Leete:

To top it off, did you even read my post past the point of seeing your bolded name? I specifically mentioned stenographers. If you want any of us to take you the least bit seriously (hey, it could happen), you'd better start handing out the perks to the faithful.

Yes, I see your point. What's the good of religion without a bit of the slap and tickle, eh?

R Leete, go forth and round up a pack of Vestigial Virgins!

Originally posted by R Leete:

To top it off, did you even read my post past the point of seeing your bolded name? I specifically mentioned stenographers. If you want any of us to take you the least bit seriously (hey, it could happen), you'd better start handing out the perks to the faithful.

Yes, I see your point. What's the good of religion without a bit of the slap and tickle, eh?

And I'm supposed to do this out of the goodness of my heart? Yeah, riight. How's about a revelation or two, first? You need to work on the whole (holy?) vengeful/smiting vs. wine/miracles thing, bub.

Besides, what the heck does that make me? Da pimp to da god? Do I get to wear lots of gold chains and a big furry hat, too? No disrespect (again, yeah riight) but get your own chicks. And furthermore, gold chains and furry hats puts me in the same league as dalem. I'll not be setting myself up for that, thankyouverymuch. Small god, indeed.

And I'm supposed to do this out of the goodness of my heart? Yeah, riight. How's about a revelation or two, first? You need to work on the whole (holy?) vengeful/smiting vs. wine/miracles thing, bub.

Besides, what the heck does that make me? Da pimp to da god? Do I get to wear lots of gold chains and a big furry hat, too? No disrespect (again, yeah riight) but get your own chicks. And furthermore, gold chains and furry hats puts me in the same league as dalem. I'll not be setting myself up for that, thankyouverymuch. Small god, indeed.