Gods! It's hot as Berli's breath out here... the Challenge is not sinking Peng deep

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> photo_1_record_11.jpg

SIGH

I should have expected this, really. I mean, that is what passes for 'neighbourhood gentrification' in Ohio. Even in the urban areas.

</font>

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> photo_1_record_11.jpg

SIGH

I should have expected this, really. I mean, that is what passes for 'neighbourhood gentrification' in Ohio. Even in the urban areas.

</font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

But nothing 'towering'. I don't understand this need to 'tower' over things. Some low to the ground would be right, I think, and perhaps somewhat...er, 'stocky'. Solidly built, I mean.

FINE!

Be that way! Take all my hard work and just toss it out saying, "oh, deary-dear, no. I don't want a big wooden structure that will blend into the countryside. I want stone! I want a low aerodynamic, form-follows-function, lumbering pile of masonry."

So, here. Try this on for size.

trevmp8l.jpg

[ October 21, 2003, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

But nothing 'towering'. I don't understand this need to 'tower' over things. Some low to the ground would be right, I think, and perhaps somewhat...er, 'stocky'. Solidly built, I mean.

FINE!

Be that way! Take all my hard work and just toss it out saying, "oh, deary-dear, no. I don't want a big wooden structure that will blend into the countryside. I want stone! I want a low aerodynamic, form-follows-function, lumbering pile of masonry."

So, here. Try this on for size.

trevmp8l.jpg

[ October 21, 2003, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Here's another design that might fit, Seanachai.

It's big enough even for that grotesquely huge head of yours.

Ingrate.

Now, now, my burly acolyte, no petulance! It doesn't become you.

Your temple was a good temple, Boo, it really was. Very nice, I thought. It's just not quite right for my idiom, do you see.

Now, begin dragging some large stone blocks together into an edifice for my deification. You can go ahead and make it look like a bunker, if that makes it easier for you. Doubtless the 'Church of Seanachaism' will be under attack soon enough.

Something along the lines of the megalith you posted earlier would be just fine, Boo, if you were to put it together a little more solidly and regularly.

That thing looks like it was put together by the Brits. No straight lines, huge, shoddy gaps between the stones, and the roof slab looks like it was cobbled into place by drunken Geordies.

A bit of effort, Boo, a bit of attention to detail. That's all I'm asking, really.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Here's another design that might fit, Seanachai.

It's big enough even for that grotesquely huge head of yours.

Ingrate.

Now, now, my burly acolyte, no petulance! It doesn't become you.

Your temple was a good temple, Boo, it really was. Very nice, I thought. It's just not quite right for my idiom, do you see.

Now, begin dragging some large stone blocks together into an edifice for my deification. You can go ahead and make it look like a bunker, if that makes it easier for you. Doubtless the 'Church of Seanachaism' will be under attack soon enough.

Something along the lines of the megalith you posted earlier would be just fine, Boo, if you were to put it together a little more solidly and regularly.

That thing looks like it was put together by the Brits. No straight lines, huge, shoddy gaps between the stones, and the roof slab looks like it was cobbled into place by drunken Geordies.

A bit of effort, Boo, a bit of attention to detail. That's all I'm asking, really.