Damn this game

There I was, fighting in Italy. My Aussies had a steep wooded hill to climb, and I just knew there was something nasty waiting for them.

First turn. Nothing but the twittering of birds in the trees.

Second turn. More of the same.

third turn, still all quiet, and now the objective flag was within spitting distence.

Fourth turn. All hell breaks loose. M/G's morters the lot.

But the tension was so great. As soon as the firing started I jumped, and cracked my knees on the bottom of my desk, my coffee went all over the place and my heart missed several beats.

Now tell me about another wargame that can do that to you <grin>

Originally posted by DaveR:

There I was, fighting in Italy. My Aussies had a steep wooded hill to climb, and I just knew there was something nasty waiting for them.

third turn, still all quiet, and now the objective flag was within spitting distence.

But the tension was so great. As soon as the firing started I jumped, and cracked my knees on the bottom of my desk, my coffee went all over the place and my heart missed several beats.

Can i interest you in some health insurance?

If they were indeed Aussies then that would indicate a poorly researched scenario since all Australian units were withdrawn from the MTO after about November 1942 and therefore well before the invasion of Italy. Perhaps they were New Zealanders instead?

Regards

Jim R.

Oh come on Jim! Stop trying to BS him - we all know you don't really talk. It's more like a poorly strung together series of whines, "mate!"s and baa's. Next you'll be trying to tell us that Phar Lap is an Aussie, or sumfink. :rolleyes:

One of the most tense times for me, is when you have a one-on-one tank battle going. Both vehicles have spotted the other and may even have fired a shot or two. You just know the next shot is going to be a kill, but you wonder if you'll get off that shot or if he will. In the eternal seconds of reloading, you begin to yell at the gunner to fire the darn thing!

<snip>

As soon as the firing started I jumped, and cracked my knees on the bottom of my desk, my coffee went all over the place and my heart missed several beats.<grin>

Well there’s your first problem.

Proper employment of Aussie’s and indeed ANZAC troops (I believe I’ll get cross ditch support for this) require the consumption of liberal quantities of beer (XXXX, VB, Toohey’s, Swan, West End, Boages, Cascade or indeed SteinLager) or Bundy Rum!

Not only will the troops work better but you wont have such a violent reaction when things do happen.

Cheers!

"sux, fush ind chups, sux, fush ind .."

Wot? Oi dun't geddit.

Note to Gibbo: we export Steinlager for the same reason you export Fosters. Frankly, I'd rather drink meths. However, should you replace the Steinie with a Macs or a Macashins, or at a pinch a Tui, I'm right there with ya cobber.

I know that feeling. I always drink coffee, while answering my pbems. Kinda dangerous sometimes :D

My brother alway beats on the table and shouts *censored* when this happens.

Kinda like this guy in the first movie here :D

Originally posted by gibsonm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JonS:

Note to Gibbo: we export Steinlager for the same reason you export Fosters. Frankly, I'd rather drink meths.

Maybe they spent too much money on not so seaworthy yachts instead of on improving the taste of their beverage? </font>

Nope,it was an Aussie boat,OneAustralia or somefink like that,sunk in about 30 seconds flat.A bit scary at the time,rather humourous afterwards. tongue.gif

Isn't funny how everytime someone gets our two nationalities mixed up on these forums,the Anzacs are quick to correct the poor fella and even quicker at start hurling insults at each other. :D

[ March 24, 2004, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Pinetree ]