I want to preorder, nt.

Originally posted by Slippery_Pete:

nt.

Dear Slippery Pete:

We at Microsoft appreciate your enthusiasm and clear desire to purchase one of our fine operating systems. We are, however, unable to complete your request as Windows NT has already been shipped, and in fact superceded.

Should you find yourself interested in any of our other fine products, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Bill Gates

Do you consider yourself witty? Just wondering.

You consider yourself so important that BFC is going to race to add your name to the list?

Use the online order form, num-num! You'll need to provide some details like a real name, address, credit card number, etc.

Oh, and you have to wait for the preorders to be announced and the order form to be put online.

Any other stupid pronounciamentos while you are it?

PS I want bacon for breakfast tomorrow.

I consider him witty. In case you're interested. At least when he's not thumping a bible in my face which is usually. But apart from that, yeah, he's witty.

[ November 14, 2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Slippery_Pete:

You consider yourself so important that BFC is going to race to add your name to the list?

Use the online order form, num-num! You'll need to provide some details like a real name, address, credit card number, etc.

Oh, and you have to wait for the preorders to be announced and the order form to be put online.

Any other stupid pronounciamentos while you are it?

PS I want bacon for breakfast tomorrow. </font>

I'm sure the hospital you work at is a fine institution. Are you the Administrator?

Pete.

Patient, actually. He's making fine progress. Halfway house and twice weekly medication check-ins by early next year. Probably.

Now, Mr. Pete, (if that is in fact your name), let me begin by saying that I take exception to everything you said. From your reasonable tone, to your refusal to become overly angry, I find you despicable.

If I had you in front of me right now, I would not hesitate to strangle you to death with my own hands.

Until the sort of even-tempered vileness that you represent is expunged from this world, I will never rest in telling you that you are all that is worst and stupidest in mankind.

I realize that these may not be the words that you want to hear, but they are the words that you must hear, because they are the words that I am saying to you.

I pray for the day when I can come on to an internet forum and not see the sort of measured response that I was so horribly subjected to by you.

Until such time as you rip Dorosh into bleeding fragments, you may consider yourself on my list. I will get back to you as soon as I decide which list that should be, and then find it to add your name to.

Yours Respectfully,

Seanachai

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I will get back to you as soon as I decide which list that should be, and then find it to add your name to.

Yours Respectfully,

Seanachai

Might I suggest the "members who will receive CMAK before Seanapoo list"? That worked so well for CMBB.

Originally posted by Agua:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I will get back to you as soon as I decide which list that should be, and then find it to add your name to.

Yours Respectfully,

Seanachai

Might I suggest the "members who will receive CMAK before Seanapoo list"? That worked so well for CMBB. </font>

Seanachai,

Why do you maggots have to keep having your so called "sense of humor" leak out of the cess pool into the normal forum threads. Can't you folks just stay where you belong, gnawing on each other's entrails, and leaving the rest of us normals ALONE!

Oh no, I've been infected!

Concerned Forum Lurker...

Originally posted by Andreas:

Short list, isn't it?

LIST

1. Everybody else

2. Seanachai

/LIST

I have, of late, noticed a serious dulling of the wits of the Horsemen.

Pray God that the Apocalypso will not occur before they get their form back.

[ November 14, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

You seem a little angry. Let's take this a little further, what is going on that would justify such a response?

Ahem. You seemed a bit angry yourself. If you wish to claim now that that was not what you intended, that's all well and good and an apology to all will cover matters nicely. I don't see you taking a very conciliatory stance here though, so I am inclined to doubt your claim. It appears to me that all you want to do is to put everybody else in the wrong while wrapping yourself in a lily white gown of innocence. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

And to everybody else, I apologize for speaking seriously. Something just came over me, but I'm sure it will pass. Shut up, Seanachai.

Michael

Originally posted by Slappy:

Convene your great anticipation for the game?

I will neglect the tautological imposibility of convening a singular, and simply ask what all of your anticipations would do once convened? Do they have some sort of meeting?

lol

Half these idjits want CMAK in hand simply so they can start pissing and moaning at how long the next one is taking! :D

Dear Fellow forum posters,

I have held me tounge for a while but decided to say something tonight........

It is getting very old and tired that whenever someone posts something on this forum the same group of people jump on top of them and turn a thread into their own personal playground. Cane you guys be really be so bored? Can you really have nothing better to do?

It doesn't seem to matter if someone posts something inane (like this thread) or something that is worth talking about. It always goes straight to the same few people turning the poster into their punching bag.

At the risk of sounding like a "back in the day" person, I remember when CMBO was getting ready to be released and people were constantly starting this of this type. Usually they got a polite "BTS says it will be released when it's ready" response and that was the end of of it. To constantly pick on people who start threads that you believe are stupid, when they may mearly be misguided, or to begin silly attacks just to try to sound clever in what are sometimes legitimate threads is degrading what was an excellent forum into a place where people don't even feel like visiting or posting.

Some of you might want to examine why you choose to behave this way. There is a place where gruff and nasty discourse is welcome and encouraged. It is in the cesspool..not out here.

Love,

Elvis

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Fellow forum posters,

I have held me tounge for a while but decided to say something tonight........

It is getting very old and tired that whenever someone posts something on this forum the same group of people jump on top of them and turn a thread into their own personal playground. Cane you guys be really be so bored? Can you really have nothing better to do?

It doesn't seem to matter if someone posts something inane (like this thread) or something that is worth talking about. It always goes straight to the same few people turning the poster into their punching bag.

At the risk of sounding like a "back in the day" person, I remember when CMBO was getting ready to be released and people were constantly starting this of this type. Usually they got a polite "BTS says it will be released when it's ready" response and that was the end of of it. To constantly pick on people who start threads that you believe are stupid, when they may mearly be misguided, or to begin silly attacks just to try to sound clever in what are sometimes legitimate threads is degrading what was an excellent forum into a place where people don't even feel like visiting or posting.

Some of you might want to examine why you choose to behave this way. There is a place where gruff and nasty discourse is welcome and encouraged. It is in the cesspool..not out here.

Love,

Elvis

Well, I remember back in the day when comely young posters with inoffensive names like "Fuzzy Bunny Slippers" or "SS Totenkopf" would come on, all humble like, and post plaintive pleas for the dissemination of information on upcoming games.

"Please, BTS, masters of the universe; we know we're not worthy but please, good sires, may we possibly have a crumb or two?"

And Those With The Power would simply ignore them.

Now, all this rot about "I want to preorder NOW" simply won't do.

Now, yes, we know that "back in the day" no one knew for sure if BTS would draw breath for even a day more, so rocky was their conception of customer service. I mean, who heard of no-frills, give them what they want, though we're so innovative they don't know what that is yet? Honestly?

So you trod lightly in hopes they wouldn't change their mind none too fast.

Now that BTS is BFC - the Corporate Giant of the gaming world - people feel that their light-stepping must now somehow give way to Demands and Agitations.

Blame Madmatt for that, of course.

It is not so much that times have changed, or that our playground isn't big enough - BFC has changed, baby, and that's ok. Cause you can whine and pout and demand and scream and holdyourbreathtillyouturnblue and even, as Gunny Bunny demonstrated, refuse to purchase the product at all, and you know what? BFC doesn't need or want your money so bad that they feel the need to give in to the childish demands overandoverandover.

And knowing that, we feel no need to softsoap the whiny masses either.

Right, Mikey?