*MOD POSTED* SDKFZ 222 updated to include 231 upload

Originally posted by Wicky:

Seen in Colchester UK army vehicles back from the gulf with sand camo weathered and sand blasted just so.

More please and a tutorial :D

Its dead easy to do.

Just stick a grey version under the sand colour and erase the yellow.

I just used the base art from CMBB.

So i may be a bit stuck when it comes to doing anything not in CMBB but it covers most of the early war german stuff

"let me know if people like this look and I will perhaps do a couple more."--Gautrek

Okay, here's my opinion--OUTSTANDING! A very realistic "worn look" and I love how the base grey becomes exposed at the edges. Yep, I'll enjoy any and all mods that have this effect. Good to see you back in action! Bravo! :D

I'm wondering where the most wear would fall on a weathered vehicle. I've seen picts where it looks like most of the top half of the tank has its yellow sandblasted away! For your 8-rad, perhaps a bit more around the side hatches, maybe on the engine deck where they'd walk, corners of the fenders where they'd put their hands?

Ach! You're making ME want to do a weathered vehicle now! :D;)

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I'm wondering where the most wear would fall on a weathered vehicle. I've seen picts where it looks like most of the top half of the tank has its yellow sandblasted away! For your 8-rad, perhaps a bit more around the side hatches, maybe on the engine deck where they'd walk, corners of the fenders where they'd put their hands?

Ach! You're making ME want to do a weathered vehicle now! :D;)

Yes thats just what i think.

And i am still messing about with it.

So watch this space.

231rear.jpg

231front.jpg

Does any body know what colour the brits used as a base layer.

Would some be painted oloive drab and then painted yellow over this.

As an old beat up british lorry would look good like this.

[ March 25, 2004, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: gautrek ]

"Does any body know what colour the brits used as a base layer."

You might want to check out my weathered Valentine III at CMMODS.COM fro a few weeks ago. Brit light tan over factory green (I did mine like yours, using my old CMBB Russian Val III mod for the show-through layer). Less worn-out by sand-blasting and more by foot traffic.

Check this out:

http://www.cmmods.com/web/CMAKMods.nsf/d108908febc2d41c85256c5f005fd337/EB157149083F0F9D85256E3D006BF5E0/$File/VALMKIII.JPG