Riesberg for CMAK - great!!

Monwar

My post pasted from another forum :

'Just played the CMAK version of the old Riesberg scenario again. Wow man, that was (and is) one hell of a scenario! FYI, Riesberg has been (re)created in all three versions of the CM series.

The cover arc features of BB and AK significantly helps the German defender. Ofcourse, CMAK puffing effect (dust after shells hit ground) also adds a twist for both the attacker and the defender.

The 4 shermans, used OK by a human, with infantry support, can give a human player a decent chance. I will have to play the scenario again on the attack to see how tough/easy that will be.

I recommend all of you give this great scenario a try. Available at derkessel.org, go to the CMAK Memory Lane section. These are all alpha or beta scenarios. These scenarios generated TREMENDOUS interest and I must say these later versions have been very faithfully reproduced.

I am also looking foward to some more great CMBO scenarios being remade. I especially liked one CMBO CD scenario, a meeting engagement in a town separated by two bridges between the Krauts and the Joes (Americans started with Stuarts and HTs, Germans had Lynxs and Puma and three PzIVs). I forgot the name, sorry, but it had a somewhat long name, 'wait and die' type... doh, but that was really great, as was Chance Encounter and Last Defense. Oh, and not to mention, Valley of Trouble.

Three hours of pure fun!! God bless BFC.'

Thanks for the tip. Not only am I all nostalgic now about playing those retooled demos, that was also the first time in awhile I've visited DerKessel.

These redone demos will make only the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th "3rd party" scenarios I've downloaded for CMAK. They definitely won't be my last!

I thought this scenario converted wonderfully to CMAK as well, and it's inspired me to convert a couple on my own.

I'm putting the finishing touches on a Grafenwohr conversion (one of my favorites), plays out pretty much exactly like it did in CMBO.

I'd LOVE to do All or Nothing as I really enjoyed that one too but I'm groaning at the thought as well. Big, big.

• 1 year later...

Hem, a couple of years later, I stumbled on this short message about 'All or Nothing' Scenario!

Actually I have just reproduced the whole map: I like it! But the trouble is AK DOESN'T HAVE fall trees!!! As if Italy is an African country, and there is no Autumn... Now I'm trying to find out if there is a possible way to introduce coloured trees without having to replace them each time...

I still have to check and see the availability and balance of forces...

Originally posted by Panzerfest:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by incarna2k1:

I'd LOVE to do All or Nothing as I really enjoyed that one too but I'm groaning at the thought as well. Big, big.

All or Nothing was my fav scenario in CMBO. I'd love to see that one re-tooled. </font>

Yes thank you all for the answers: actually I've found an All or Nothing scenario almost perfect, although I don't remember who made the conversion, but was on a message here on the forum, but since I've already finished the map, which I deem exact almost to the 'square' to the original one, I'm now going ahead testing the battle with the current forces available (NO Crocodile, NO Cromwells, No Comets!), and yes John, thank you, actually I just contrubuted to bring the thread about fall trees to the top...

Thanks for the hint Kingfish! I'll check that... And thanks for the email. I still have to have a look at your reconstruction... Since I'm on a Mac I had to rebuild the map 'by hand' square by square... :rolleyes: and I was lucky everything fell exactly as it should, since the editor is fun but also a very basic tool, with no 'Undos'... Maybe now someone will give me the 'coupe de grace' writing about that beautiful editor/convertor for the Mac, everyone uses since 1989... :eek: 8)

[ December 15, 2005, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Gen Von Television ]