Auto target selection not up to scratch

I set up a tank to cover a piece of road for which I am certain a tank will travel along. I did not use a cover arc, and even had I, it is most likley that the enemy unit that caused my grief would have been in it. And by golly by gosh, I should not have too!

The said tank does travel down the road and my tank targets the enemy tank.

Then! My tank untargets the enemy tank and targets an AT team close by the tank. Shooting at the AT team the enemy tank kills my tank.

The same principle goes for targeting of crew members, a waste of ammo.

You're saying that had you set a CA, that the tank that you were sure would travel down the road would of been in it? That's what CA's are for, you should of set one if you didn't want any other distractions causing your TC to lose focus on the road.

Killing the crew from a destroyed tank isn't as worthless as you may think, I believe that they're worth nearly as many points as destroying the tank itself, from what I understand.

AH an oportunity, The one thing that BF could do and be assured of another success like the present CM series is to creat the best AI in the gaming industry. Of course this is my own humble opinion, but how many posts have we seen complaing about the [GRAPHICS]. poppys

Originally posted by GJK:

Killing the crew from a destroyed tank isn't as worthless as you may think, I believe that they're worth nearly as many points as destroying the tank itself, from what I understand.

Had a question about that recently. What actually happens is that a bailed out crew is worth more points than an average infantryman. So you are right when you say they worth something, but this something is a lot less than an AFV prize.

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Crewmembers are worth 5 points regular and 7 veteran.

If a vehicle is destroyed or abandoned you get the points for the vehicle and on top of that whatever crew casualities are inflicted at the time of the vehicle hit or later when the crew is running around on the field:

The only thing that does not work is that if no crewmember makes it out of the vehicle, if no infantry markers ever appears on the map, then the game forgets to award the points.

HTH

Originally posted by Tarkus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GJK:

Had a question about that recently. What actually happens is that a bailed out crew is worth more points than an average infantryman. So you are right when you say they worth something, but this something is a lot less than an AFV prize.

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Crewmembers are worth 5 points regular and 7 veteran.

If a vehicle is destroyed or abandoned you get the points for the vehicle and on top of that whatever crew casualities are inflicted at the time of the vehicle hit or later when the crew is running around on the field:

The only thing that does not work is that if no crewmember makes it out of the vehicle, if no infantry markers ever appears on the map, then the game forgets to award the points.

HTH </font>

Originally posted by Blah Blah Blah:

The said tank does travel down the road and my tank targets the enemy tank.

Then! My tank untargets the enemy tank and targets an AT team close by the tank. Shooting at the AT team the enemy tank kills my tank.

Depending on how close and what they were equipped with, an AT team might be just as deadly at close range.

Vixen is right. The AT team can get zeroed in on you a lot faster than the tank can, so they should be the first target (unless they were a long way off).

What actually happened here is that you were expecting one AT asset and were confronted with two. Your dead. Naturally it is more fun to blame the game rather than your luck.

I have to agree with the other players here. A 'cover armour arc' and a couple of squads of supporting infantry, or a supporting LMG would have won you that. Instead of thinking 'enemy tank coming down the road, best ambush it' you need to think, 'enemy tank coming down the road, I can ambush it and my LMG team can button it up and hose down any infantry that messes with me.'

Poor tactics cost you that tank.