Yummy Yummy Yummy, I've Got the Peng Challenge in My Tummy!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, been to the Pirates of Penzance tonight, and then...er, well, we stopped off at this bar because it was raining, don't you know.

I've spent two weeks trying to get things to work on my old computer that I'm giving to a friend with no success at all, and that I got working tonight in 30 minutes.

How'd you do it, Seanachai, I hear you asking?

And I reply: No fecking idea at all, I accomplished loading the update disk images, (which previously gave me endless error messages like '-157 system error encountered') installing the two system updates which could only be accessed via the previous disk image mounts (which previously quit after 4 minutes with endless messages 'can't find any freaking thing that should be completely apparent, oops a daisy, bugger off), and getting the monitor to work (which, when the computer was hooked up to it, would cause the 'can't find operating system' icon to appear on the screen every time).

How did you do it, Seanachai, I hear you asking yourself yet again?

No clue. Did it all dead drunk. Two weeks of sober, logical, painstaking and patient work resulted in complete ****e, and 30 minutes of drunken 'hit this, load that, bugger the fecking error message', and the system's completely updated and the monitor works like a charm.

I am the very model of a modern cyber-technician.

Been thinking about you all a great deal lately, which may explain my descent from the sober, stalwart, above-board sort of fellow we all know me to be, at heart.

Still, I know that even when I descend to your level (or levels, because you buggers are like Hell's own terraced version of 'the Hanging Gardens of Babylon'), I know that, though I may tower over you like a colossus, and though you are cockroaches scurrying from the light of my intellect towards the safety of the grease stain under the old stove, we are still capable of a meeting of minds.

We share that eternal bond: A jolly singsong, and the certain knowledge that you're all a bunch of likable halfwits, and I am your master.

Sorry, ego's been kicking in a bit again. Still, no harm done for telling the truth, even if it's not done as diplomatically as it might have been.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Sorry, been to the Pirates of Penzance tonight, and then...er, well, we stopped off at this bar because it was raining, don't you know.

Pirates eh, sounds good to me *thinks of Jack Sparrow* swoon ......

A good night all around by the sound of it..

We share that eternal bond:
Says in her deepest voice..

My name's Bond.. James Bond... I'll have it shaken but not stirred!

A jolly singsong,
So he walked her to the gate.. he took his hat off as he kissed her.. he needed one more drink, to take the chill out of his soul... he said a quick goodbye.. then spent 2 hours in the bar, finally paid his tab, and kept a dollar for the toll...

Everything slips through these cold fingers.. like trying to hold water, trying to hold sand...close your eyes and make a wish, and listen to the singer, one more round bar tender pour a double if you can...

and the certain knowledge that you're all a bunch of likable halfwits, and I am the Master

I agree with the first part full heartedly... but the second needs a little thought... Master as in chief halfwit!!! Or where you thinking of something else?

Still, no harm done for telling the truth, even if it's not done as diplomatically as it might have been.
Are you sure about that one?

[ June 09, 2004, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

Recieved this via email,

An Aussie Love Poem

Of course i love ya baby

Your a bloody top notch bird

And when I say ur gorgeous

I mean every single word

So ya bum is on the big side

I don't mind a bit of flab

It means that when I'm ready

There's somethin there to grab

So your belly isn't flat no more

I tell ya, I don't care

So long as when I cuddle ya

I can get my arms around there

No sheila who is your age

Has nice round perky breasts

They just gave into gravity

But I know ya did ya best

I'm tellin ya the truth now

I never tell ya lies

I think its very sexy

That youv got dimples on ya thighs

I swear on me nannas grave now

The moment that we met

I thought u was as good as

I was ever gonna get

No matter wot u look like

I'll always love ya dear

Now shut up while the footy's on

And get me another beer!

[ June 09, 2004, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Speedy ]

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kobal2:

@Boo : mind you, a braille screen would be a boon with those...hum...other sites you visit.

I always suspected Boo liked the pimply faced ones. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kobal2:

@Boo : mind you, a braille screen would be a boon with those...hum...other sites you visit.

I always suspected Boo liked the pimply faced ones. </font>

Originally posted by Kobal2:

Thesaurus ? What's that ?

Ancient reptile. Became extinct when that comet thingie hit way back before Grampa's time.

It's just the way I speak/write when thinking in French, then trying to translate my words in English. Honest.
You're a good lad, for a Froggie that is, so here's a helpful hint: Try to include the phrase "My hovercraft is full of eels" as often as you can in conversation. People will take a new interest in you. Honest.

Michael

Oh HAR, HAR, HAR. And HAR again (that one for Seenachai's pirate thingy). Been eating clowns, have you ?

And why would I bother staying here if I wanted *people* to take interest in me, when it's abundantly clear that everyone here would have trouble competing with bacteriae - mentally AND physically ? I thought it was obvious that my presence here is purely ethnological. Study errors of Nature and whatnot.

That, and hope Lars sends his turn before the Sun meltdowns.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

This just in: Poor old Joe Shaw's Brummbar and assault StuH were both taken out in the same turn. The former by my doughty engineers and the latter by my big, bold and brassy arty strike.

My greatness is unsurpassed!

This just in, Boo Radley has, if nothing else, a tremendous heaping helping of LUCK ... and now that I think of it he really has NOTHING else does he.

BFC needs to fix the sighting, I can tell you that. I had that damned ford in clear sight the whole time when PRESTO ... one of his squads shows up on MY side of the river.

Besides, they were BOTH Brumbars.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

This just in: Poor old Joe Shaw's Brummbar and assault StuH were both taken out in the same turn. The former by my doughty engineers and the latter by my big, bold and brassy arty strike.

My greatness is unsurpassed!

This just in, Boo Radley has, if nothing else, a tremendous heaping helping of LUCK ... and now that I think of it he really has NOTHING else does he.

BFC needs to fix the sighting, I can tell you that. I had that damned ford in clear sight the whole time when PRESTO ... one of his squads shows up on MY side of the river.

Besides, they were BOTH Brumbars.

Joe </font>