**WINTER Stug F/8 mod!!!**

MikeyD

As a principle I'm against whitewashed winter vehicles on the Italian front (I doubt any snow cover would stay long enough to warrant doing the paint job), but I have just posted an announcement for a cool looking winter whitewash Stug F/8 on the CMBB chat site, and this mod DOES work in CMAK as well.

Here's the cmmods.com screenshot:

CMBB winter Stug F/8

Mikey I like this version better than the frosted cake look of some other mods.

RE: Soviet Captured Stug IIIF

The BFC Soviet color is yellow green, some mods are a little darker, Zimorodok's blue green, and then this one you used more of a forest green.

is there variation in color by year? region? factory? or just personal perception?

I'm trying to be consistant with my Korea mod.

Since I keep using Soviet uniforms for Japanese, Chinese and North Koreans, someone can do "Patton goes to Berlin" with the captured afv's, uniforms, Juju's Berlin bldgs, and Tom's german buildings when they are finished.

I think this is a particularly good whitewash too. It looks like actual Humans did a pretty good job & have used the vehicle for a bit since then. With all the conversions for BO period battles I'm sure this will be well used.

How DID you go about getting that brushed-on, scuffed effect? By hand somehow, I assume. And is it a Layer you put under your Shading & Highlighting-type Layers? Just Modder curiosity.

strt

I believe Zimorodok's blue-green was based on my own T34-85 color but his turned out a bit brighter. My captured Stug was based on the same color but it turned out a touch greener! If we have troubles like that in Photoshop I rather imagine the widely dispersed tankograd factories around Russia had similar troubles.

The original of the color was - if memory serves - a color photo I had found of the net of some immediate postwar Russian tank.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by MikeyD:

As a principle I'm against whitewashed winter vehicles on the Italian front (I doubt any snow cover would stay long enough to warrant doing the paint job), but I have just posted an announcement for a cool looking winter whitewash Stug F/8 on the CMBB chat site, and this mod DOES work in CMAK as well.

Here's the cmmods.com screenshot:

I have a scenario on the SD called HSG KC Oberloskamp. This scenario has actually started me using mods. But I have run into some interesting situations with it and I'm not sure what is happening.

I have your excellent StugIII F/8 and it works fine. I have also downloaded StuH42 mods and I cannot get a winter version to run in the scenario. I have also downloaded winter versions of the German antitank guns in the scenario and they don't come out as winter versions either.

All of the mods for the Russian forces are working fine.

The scenario is set in March 1943 in light snow. Is this affecting the selection of mods? And why would some mods work for it and not others?

Like I said I am entirely 100% new at the mod business and I'm sure that these questions will be laughable to you mod grogs. I'm just curious about what I'm doing wrong.

I for one am glad that you spend your time modding instead of modeling. That way we all get to share when your work is done. :D Thanks for all the time you put into the hobby.

Good Hunting.

[ October 16, 2004, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Panther Commander ]

Originally posted by Pzman:

PC, there are two sets of winter mods, just like there are two sets of summer mods in CMBB, make sure you have both sets installed. Early (Gray) = 1941 - March or April 1943. Late (Yellow) March or April 1943-1945.

I have them both installed to my knowledge. I just went back and installed them both again and when I check the scenario the StuH is in summer colors.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

There are at least four StuHs in the Game that I know of. One early (grey) & three late (yellow). Zimorodok & canon did Winter Mods that cover three of them, but the only winter Mod I know of for the Early StuH42 in late colors (yellow) was done by GEM in his big CMMOS WhiteWash Project when BB first came out.

Which makes me think you might be putting CMMOS Mods right into your BMP Folder & the Game doesn't recognise them. If you're on a PC you can get McMMM at the Mod Database & I hear it will strip out the CMMOS suffixes for you. Otherwise you have to do it by hand.

strt

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

There are at least four StuHs in the Game that I know of. One early (grey) & three late (yellow). Zimorodok & canon did Winter Mods that cover three of them, but the only winter Mod I know of for the Early StuH42 in late colors (yellow) was done by GEM in his big CMMOS WhiteWash Project when BB first came out.

Which makes me think you might be putting CMMOS Mods right into your BMP Folder & the Game doesn't recognise them. If you're on a PC you can get McMMM at the Mod Database & I hear it will strip out the CMMOS suffixes for you. Otherwise you have to do it by hand.

strt

The two mods that I have I got from CMMOD not CMMOS.

They are:

Cannons_Winter_StuH42_Early

DEY_WW_GREY_StuH42_SIG33B

These are the only winter mods I know of or have for the StuH42. So far CMMOD is the only mod site I have been to.

Thanks for the replys.

Hi Panther Commander,

You will need the early Dunkelgelb (Yellow) for that period in time. Gorden Molek has done a very good one, but it is in those big cmmos packages that has been posted. If you can't find one I could try and track it down and post it over to the database in non cmmos form.