The Tetrarch light tank...

Kingfish

Originally posted by Kingfish:

...is unfortunately not available in either CMBO or CMAK, so...

What do you all think is a good substitute?

1) Daimler AC

2) Daimler AC w/ Littlejohn adapter

3) Humber IV AC

4) Staghound I

5) Stuart III/IV/V

I'd go for the Daimler, with or without Littlejohn; the turret is the same, after all, and the armour thickness pretty close if not identical.

Staghound or Stuart would be the wrong gun, and Stuart would have too much armour.

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by wunwinglow:

No way of deploying by glider I suppose?! I seem to remember a pic of a Hamilcar in a field with a Tetrach-shaped hole in its nose, in classic Tom and Jerry format. No sign of the tank, so I presume it survived to fight another day!

Tim P

That was probably either due to a poor restraint job, or to excessive landing forces. The Americans didn't have a glider capable of carrying their M22 light tanks, and thus didn't use them on D-Day, and had to have British aircraft carry them for the Rhine crossing.

Originally posted by Spanish Bombs:

Hmmmmmmmm, isn't there some CMBO ROW I trivia involving the Tetrach and a substitute? I'm kicking myself for not remembering the scenario, although I was playing Enoch I think....

Resolve at Ranville, and Wild Bill used the Stuart. What a wild ride that was. One of my Stuarts racked up 11 vehicle kills, including 3 in the same turn.

Resolve at Ranville,
Heh Heh I still remember that game and JK was non too happy as I remember it? A Long time ago and we are still kicking our heels around here.

;)

BTW a blood great bit of action 1 that sticks in the mind.

• 1 month later...

Quick followup question regarding this tank - did the versions alloted to 6th Abn have HE rounds in their ammo loadout, or only AP?

IIRC, some (all?) of them had Little-John adaptors, which would tend to suggest only AP. A seach in the CMBO forum or archives might throw something up (I seem to recall something esp. from Mr Sodium-Chloride).

Have you looked in Chamberlain and Ellis?

Jon

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Holien,

Why? Is it because I still have terrible flashbacks

now and then? Okay. The scenario Sounds in the Night was much worse, but Resolve at Ranville was pretty nightmarish. As I recall, my unit was so chopped up that I recommended no attempt be made to rebuild it.

Regards,

John Kettler

Ahh Sounds in the night, I think I first met KR in that game and I see he is still posting.

Of the two games I would say don't rebuild Sounds in the Night that was truly horrible!

;)

H

Out of 177 finally built, only "a few" had Littlejohns. No HE for the 2pdr. But "a few" (again) were converted to a CS role with 3in howitzers.

From "British and American Tanks of WWII", Peter Chamberlain and Chris Ellis.

The weight of a 2pdr and a 3in howitzer is about the same, so I suppose it's possible that the CS version could have been considered for glider use......